Tell me how crazy I am.....

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
About 4 years ago at the Expo I ordered 3 cues from various makers and there was about 2 years wait on all 3. In the meantime the CF shaft craze happened and I decided to try them and have been in love with CF since.

So the 3 cues were delivered to me at the 2018 Expo. Basically they are now sitting in my dealer case and don't really see any usage. 1 cue has about 3 racks, another 1 rack and the last still new and unhit.

So here is what I'm actually considering but not sure if I'd be making the best decision. I was thinking of selling the unhit cue which is a Treadway. It's an ebony cue with 4 points in the forearm and 4 boxes in the butt of Amboyna(spelling) Burl. Leather wrap, ivory joint, ivory hoppe ring and ivory ferrules.

After selling the cue, I would use the funds to pick up the Rogue shaft and pair it with one of the Pechauer Camelot Series cues.

I realize that as an investment standpoint I'd be making a huge mistake, but I also like what Pechauer does for the youths of the sport.

Am I totally crazy for considering doing this?

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Crazy....
I don't think so.
Get what you like to play pool with-
Believe it or not-
that ORIGINALLY was the whole intention of cues :wink:
Crazy is cues sitting in cases- INVESTMENT CUES-HA !
Everyone I have had built cues for me was ALL ABOUT PLAYABILITY AND PERFORMANCE-
Not putting under your bed or in a safe some place

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 4 years ago at the Expo I ordered 3 cues from various makers and there was about 2 years wait on all 3. In the meantime the CF shaft craze happened and I decided to try them and have been in love with CF since.

So the 3 cues were delivered to me at the 2018 Expo. Basically they are now sitting in my dealer case and don't really see any usage. 1 cue has about 3 racks, another 1 rack and the last still new and unhit.

So here is what I'm actually considering but not sure if I'd be making the best decision. I was thinking of selling the unhit cue which is a Treadway. It's an ebony cue with 4 points in the forearm and 4 boxes in the butt of Amboyna(spelling) Burl. Leather wrap, ivory joint, ivory hoppe ring and ivory ferrules.

After selling the cue, I would use the funds to pick up the Rogue shaft and pair it with one of the Pechauer Camelot Series cues.

I realize that as an investment standpoint I'd be making a huge mistake, but I also like what Pechauer does for the youths of the sport.

I did kind of the same thing though it was not my intention at the time. Sold a 2,500 cue and bought a used meucci gambler for 200 and spent the rest towards the purchase of a pickup. Then i traded a fairly new adams helmstetter balabushka gb 1 for a predator blak 4 that i had given away to my then girlfriend. Then i bought a revo for the predstor and a meucci carbon pro for the gambler.

I dont miss the custom at all.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Op failed to say how much pool he/she plays. For a pool player it seems odd to buy a cue and not play with it. For a collector or guy who just likes to flip cues it makes sense.

Whether it makes sense or not depends on you.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Op failed to say how much pool he/she plays. For a pool player it seems odd to buy a cue and not play with it. For a collector or guy who just likes to flip cues it makes sense.

Whether it makes sense or not depends on you.

I play once a week now due to back and health issues. Didn't originally order the customs to flip, they were to shoot with, but upon the wait, came across the CF stuff and don't really want to go back to wood shafts.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are no rules. Do whatever you feel like doing. The world is yours.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play once a week now due to back and health issues. Didn't originally order the customs to flip, they were to shoot with, but upon the wait, came across the CF stuff and don't really want to go back to wood shafts.

In that case do what makes you happy.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
"Investment standpoint"

Cues are stupid investments. Buy what you'll use. The Treadway will sell easily

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Treadway is a solid cue to bet on a value increase. Wait 5 years I doubt it will lose value. Not crazy at all. No one saw the CF takeover coming. I think it would be crazy to get rid of cues you chose the aesthetics so soon after waiting unless you need the coins.

Curious what are the other two cues?

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As mentioned by others, due to the changing demographics of pool players, in the USA at least, cues will rarely if ever be good investments anymore, don't feel bad about selling some....holding onto to cues too long could be the bigger mistake......

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Shafts?

Why not use the CF shaft with your custom cues? I've been playing with a BeCue shaft on my Sugartree for over a year.
Good luck and have fun.