Table Identification

baroda5

Registered
I hope this is the correct location to ask such a question, if not, please direct me to where I should ask for help.

I am trying to identify this table, but there are not labels or emblems. The only distinguishable feature I see is the seashell on the legs. It's possible a Kasson, but I haven't been able to find anything online yet to confirm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Table 2c (2).jpg
    Table 2c (2).jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 418

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Generic Asian import. There are about 50 factories in Taiwan/China that make these. None of them have any markings. New they run anywhere from 500-2,500bux depending on build quality. They literally make these by the boatload, actually shipping container load. BTW, did somebody add those screw-in leg levelers? Don't think it came that way.

d8nk

Noah B
generic table

I agree, this appears to be one of those generic tables. On the market they are worth diddly doo to a player. If you are looking to buy it, don't. If you are looking to sell it I wish you the best luck! :smile:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, this appears to be one of those generic tables. On the market they are worth diddly doo to a player. If you are looking to buy it, don't. If you are looking to sell it I wish you the best luck! :smile:
Yep,pretty much spot on.

baroda5

Registered
That makes sense. It's a friends that came with his house. I was looking at taking it for free to let the teenagers use until they can respect a nicer table.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Do you have a picture under the table? I have seen Murrey & Sons from Los Angles that look very similar. If I see the underneath I can tell.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
looks like a nice home recreational pool table. styled after the brunswick ventura.

big pockets make it fun to play on for all.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seashell carving is quite common. GoldenWest, Kasson, and a bunch of other outfits sold imported tables that look like this. Is it free? If they want more than 250-300bux i'd pass. Good rec-room table.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check the rubber on the rails, too. It's not uncommon for the rubber on this type of table to turn hard as a rock, after a few years. Take a pool ball in your hand, and sort of bounce it against the rail (but hang onto the ball). If it feels nice and "bouncy" great. If the rubber is turning hard, it will feel and sound like you are banging a ball off of a piece of 2x4 lumber.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That makes sense. It's a friends that came with his house. I was looking at taking it for free to let the teenagers use until they can respect a nicer table.

It's perfect for that purpose. You don't care if they bang it up a little. Tables like this on craigslist are usually offered for a few hundred dollars.

baroda5

Registered
I didn’t get a chance to go over there, but he sent me some. I wanted a full shot of the underneath, but here is what he sent, not sure if it helps or not

Attachments

• 406F1F74-46B8-41A0-9C15-70D6906DF43D.jpeg
    406F1F74-46B8-41A0-9C15-70D6906DF43D.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 159

baroda5

Registered
Not sure if any of these give out clues. I assume the better tables don’t use angle brackets like this??

Attachments

• F505AC85-5A7F-4BAF-ACCF-2A62E0407AB9.jpeg
    F505AC85-5A7F-4BAF-ACCF-2A62E0407AB9.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 116

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if any of these give out clues. I assume the better tables don’t use angle brackets like this??
What are looking to get? Its an Asian import. They literally make these things by the boatload. They are meant for rec rooms/dens in people's homes. Not intended for competition/tournament use. And no, higher quality tables aren't built like that. Pretty low-end table here.

baroda5

Registered
That makes me feel better about unleashing the hounds (13 year olds) and hopefully teaching them some proper table manners so a real table can come home in a year or so.

Thanks for all the help, I've enjoyed the forum so far.

Cheers!!