Congratulations to Cookie Man.....

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the Governing Body of Amateur Pool, the American Poolplayers Association (APA) is honored to conduct the 26th Annual U.S. Amateur Championship. Since the inauguration of this event in 1994, the level of competition continues to improve year after year. Only a small percentage of the best amateur players choose to play for the glory and love of the game. Those who enter this event will experience the highest level of amateur billiard play in the United States. Therefore, the U.S. Amateur Championship is only intended for the finest amateur players. The competition will be relentless, and every match won will be well deserved. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the next U.S. Amateur Champion, we encourage you to enter this event and find out!
It isn't a tournament where you pay your entry fee money and start playing. You pay a fee to qualify first at locations all throughout the country.
It ends up with the top 128 players in the country followed by eliminations until one player has earned the title of US Amateur Champion.
No 'wannabe's', 'think they are's', or phony 'posers' make it by a fluke to earn the title of US Amateur Champion. It's hard enough to make it to the top 128.
There is no financial reward for winning just like in golf. Some of the champions of the US Amateur Golf tournament over the years have been Bobby Jones, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods.
Bobby Jones remained an amateur for life and preferred being an attorney for his living. Needless to say Palmer, Nicklaus, and Woods went on to become the most well known and greatest professional players in the history of golf.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU FOR YOUR FIRST RATE NINTH PLACE FINISH......COOKIEMAN A job well done and to be admired by all.:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I don't think this was the first time he was in the top 10 either.

Not bad for an old part-timer.

As the Governing Body of Amateur Pool, the American Poolplayers Association (APA) is honored to conduct the 26th Annual U.S. Amateur Championship. Since the inauguration of this event in 1994, the level of competition continues to improve year after year. Only a small percentage of the best amateur players choose to play for the glory and love of the game. Those who enter this event will experience the highest level of amateur billiard play in the United States. Therefore, the U.S. Amateur Championship is only intended for the finest amateur players. The competition will be relentless, and every match won will be well deserved. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the next U.S. Amateur Champion, we encourage you to enter this event and find out!
It isn't a tournament where you pay your entry fee money and start playing. You pay a fee to qualify first at locations all throughout the country.
It ends up with the top 128 players in the country followed by eliminations until one player has earned the title of US Amateur Champion.
No 'wannabe's', 'think they are's', or phony 'posers' make it by a fluke to earn the title of US Amateur Champion. It's hard enough to make it to the top 128.
There is no financial reward for winning just like in golf. Some of the champions of the US Amateur Golf tournament over the years have been Bobby Jones, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods.
Bobby Jones remained an amateur for life and preferred being an attorney for his living. Needless to say Palmer, Nicklaus, and Woods went on to become the most well known and greatest professional players in the history of golf.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU FOR YOUR FIRST RATE NINTH PLACE FINISH......COOKIEMAN A job well done and to be admired by all.:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say give credit where credit is due. Impressive finish.

What format is this? 9 ball, 8 ball, bar box, single elimination?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
8 ball and 9 ball played on 9 foot tables. I believe double elim.

See APA masters format for specifics.

I say give credit where credit is due. Impressive finish.

What format is this? 9 ball, 8 ball, bar box, single elimination?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 ball and 9 ball played on 9 foot tables. I believe double elim.

See APA masters format for specifics.

9' tables... nice. That's a real accomplishment. Personally I don't consider games on bar boxes to really be pool.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. 9 ft tables. Races to 7. Mixture of 8 ball and 9 ball. 5 games of 8 ball and 8 games of 9 ball make up the race. It's my second time to finish ninth, seems Sunday morning play doesn't quite agree with me. It was indeed a tough field with a lot of new faces this year.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA US Amateur is triple tough - Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Historically the US Amateur seems to get a regular group of naysayers who say the tournament is a joke because it offers no prize money. The final four this year are
Bobby Stoval fargo 703
Blake Baker Fargo 714
Abrin Schaad Fargo 738
Chris Gentile Fargo 664

finishing 5/6th
David Rowell fargo 687
Mike Leigh Fargo 693

Plus there are so many other great players who finished further up like Parks, Abernathy, etc. It would be interesting to see the fargorate of the entire board. Maybe others can point out the high fargos that were entered that I missed.

This event just keeps getting tougher and tougher. Congrats to whoever wins this, the event is incredibly stout for a no prize money amateur event.

There is a thread in the main forum discussing the tournament

PS I lost to Rowell and Leigh with a 7-5 score to both players.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Shave off 20 years, and I suspect you would be just fine and dandy on a Sunday morning.

Long tourneys are brutal for old guys.

Thanks everyone. 9 ft tables. Races to 7. Mixture of 8 ball and 9 ball. 5 games of 8 ball and 8 games of 9 ball make up the race. It's my second time to finish ninth, seems Sunday morning play doesn't quite agree with me. It was indeed a tough field with a lot of new faces this year.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great playing cookie man
Have a quart of milk with your cookies on me ....:)
Larry