Precautions when standing on table (diamond)

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am getting a 7ft diamond proam installed this weekend. I tried to layout the room using tape and etc, but I can't seem to figure out the exact center of where the table is going to be due to some of the walls. I had a 8ft table in the room previously so I know its going to fit, however I don't remember the exact position of where the 8ft table was.

Where i am going with this is, I need to mount the light (diamond also) once the table is installed so I can get it centered. I was going to try and have the light mounts ready to go and install it before the table was in place, but that doesn't seem like an option now. (I do have the electrical box in the ceiling ready to go).

So my question is what precautions should I take if I have to stand on the table to install the light? I have a nice thick leather cover, but is there anything else I should be aware of? Or is it just a bad idea to even think about standing on the table in the first place?

I am going to try it with ladders on the side of the table, but I don't think I can safely reach to the middle of the table while on a ladder.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Do the Plank!

Put boards with 2x4’s under them across the rails, or a couple of 4x4’s with plywood screwed to them
Go slow and easy.

If you have a real plank, put it on the ladder steps a few inches above the table.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am getting a 7ft diamond proam installed this weekend. I tried to layout the room using tape and etc, but I can't seem to figure out the exact center of where the table is going to be due to some of the walls. I had a 8ft table in the room previously so I know its going to fit, however I don't remember the exact position of where the 8ft table was.

Where i am going with this is, I need to mount the light (diamond also) once the table is installed so I can get it centered. I was going to try and have the light mounts ready to go and install it before the table was in place, but that doesn't seem like an option now. (I do have the electrical box in the ceiling ready to go).

So my question is what precautions should I take if I have to stand on the table to install the light? I have a nice thick leather cover, but is there anything else I should be aware of? Or is it just a bad idea to even think about standing on the table in the first place?

I am going to try it with ladders on the side of the table, but I don't think I can safely reach to the middle of the table while on a ladder.

First question: is it a one piece or 3 piece slate?

Attachments

• 58571073_10219216577988219_7611428466583404544_o.jpg
    58571073_10219216577988219_7611428466583404544_o.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 376

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put boards with 2x4’s under them across the rails, or a couple of 4x4’s with plywood screwed to them
Go slow and easy.

If you have a real plank, put it on the ladder steps a few inches above the table.

I was lucky enough to install my light when just the table frame was installed to ensure it was centered, I installed my table so I had this luxury.

Cheers,

realkingcobra

Silver Member
1 piece slate.

When Diamond ships the tables by truck to tournaments, they're stacked 4 tables high. That means the bottom table has 2,400lbs sitting on top of the slate and rails....what on earth do think what you weigh is going to do to it?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks for the information everyone, Can't wait to get my new table this weekend!!!!

I was just making sure it was not a 3 piece slate!!

Like the Cobra said!

I am betting you cannot wait for the truck to be pulling in!!! Congrats and enjoy!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. be careful with wiring the light and hanging it! Make sure you have help!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just making sure it was not a 3 piece slate!!

Like the Cobra said!

I am betting you cannot wait for the truck to be pulling in!!! Congrats and enjoy!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. be careful with wiring the light and hanging it! Make sure you have help!

Do they make a 7’ table with 3 slates?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Was available as a red label as well.

Wow, that goes way back further than I thought!!!
I know they have offered the Professional since day
1 as a 3 piece. Wait, didnt the 7' Professional come as a 2 piece slate?

Learn something new every day!

Trent

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wow, that goes way back further than I thought!!!
I know they have offered the Professional since day
1 as a 3 piece. Wait, didnt the 7' Professional come as a 2 piece slate?

Learn something new every day!

Trent
They tried a few 2 piece 7fts. I posted a thread here on AZ about the first 3 piece slate 9ft ProAm, that was just to prove it could be done.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
If you watched the Mosconi Cup this year, did this make anyone else cringe a little? :eek::eek:
https://streamable.com/9nn7j

Probably didn't hurt anything, but the weren't too mindful of the rails at all. I would worry about the possibility of tearing the rubber off of the sub rail.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone! Great upgrade to my game room!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited: