A Magical week in CHICAGO

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Recently, a friend and I visited Chicago and we had a great time. I wrote about it on my blog if you are interested in reading it. I've written a little over 30 stories, mostly about pool but other stories as well. The blog is located at http://joeyapoolcommentator.blogspot.com/?view=flipcard

Of course Chris's Billiards and Red Shoes Billiards are in the story on Chicago. With Flipcard, you can click on the photographs and it will then show the titles.

Merry Christmas everyone.

JoeyA

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently, a friend and I visited Chicago and we had a great time. I wrote about it on my blog if you are interested in reading it. I've written a little over 30 stories, mostly about pool but other stories as well. The blog is located at http://joeyapoolcommentator.blogspot.com/?view=flipcard

Of course Chris's Billiards and Red Shoes Billiards are in the story on Chicago. With Flipcard, you can click on the photographs and it will then show the titles.

Merry Christmas everyone.

JoeyA

Good stuff!!

I hope you have been well! Good to see you!

Happy holidays,

Fatboy

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Great read Joey! Chicago is a great city and with my oldest living there I will be there plenty in the future. Funny that I go about four times a year to the windy city but have yet to make it to Chris's or Red Shoes. I have been to Surge a couple of times.

It seems that the metro area has many pool and 3-C rooms sprinkled around I even found a snooker room.

Glad you had a winning visit and I will look you up next time I go south, I have improved my game since the last time you kicked my butt.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great Story!!

Joey,

Your stories never fail to be great! Always a pleasure to read. A nice Christmas present for the forum indeed!

I suspect we will talk before Christmas but just in case I will take this time to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

Hu

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Joey,

Your stories never fail to be great! Always a pleasure to read. A nice Christmas present for the forum indeed!

I suspect we will talk before Christmas but just in case I will take this time to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

Hu

Merry Christmas to you also Hu. I am hoping to make it out your way this coming year and we can catch up or catch gators.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The door is always open!

Merry Christmas to you also Hu. I am hoping to make it out your way this coming year and we can catch up or catch gators.

Jim,

You know my door is always open anytime you can make it!

A Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

Hu

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the great write up for on the Chicago pool scene. I grew up in Chicago and love it here. You must be pretty good to win the iron man at Red Shoes. Next time your here, give everyone some advance notice so you don’t leave with all the cash.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Loved reading your stuff, Joey....not just the Chicago story. Thanks!

JoeyA

Silver Member
It would be great to see you again. Since you have improved I guess I will have to ask for weight.

JoeyA

Great read Joey! Chicago is a great city and with my oldest living there I will be there plenty in the future. Funny that I go about four times a year to the windy city but have yet to make it to Chris's or Red Shoes. I have been to Surge a couple of times.

It seems that the metro area has many pool and 3-C rooms sprinkled around I even found a snooker room.

Glad you had a winning visit and I will look you up next time I go south, I have improved my game since the last time you kicked my butt.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Thanks Hu. See you soon. Merry Christmas to you too.

JoeyA

Joey,

Hu

JoeyA

Silver Member
Hahaha. I think someone sprinkled some pixie dust on my cue.

Chicago is a lot larger city than I am used to. The amount of traffic was hard to fade. But I missed out on visiting Attack Athletics. Maybe next time.

JoeyA

Thanks for the great write up for on the Chicago pool scene. I grew up in Chicago and love it here. You must be pretty good to win the iron man at Red Shoes. Next time your here, give everyone some advance notice so you don’t leave with all the cash.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Joey....you left this at Chris”

78C709F9-E308-47B7-A38F-3451A1E33E37.jpeg

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link JoeyA. I’ve been curious about the mini tourney backer comment and now I know : )

Thanks for the time to write all those stories, I’m an experiencer of life and I love to hear a good story almost as much as tell one. I’m halfway through the blog and I’ve enjoyed every one.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yup, Chicago is a great pool scene for sure. I go there every summer for about a week and I've played at Chris' Billiards, Surge and Red Shoes, and enjoy all of them.

My favorite is definitely Chris', however, mostly for the ample memorabilia relating to both pool and three cushion. There are posters and scoresheets from events played eighty years ago and pictures of some of the guys that were the best even before I was born. You get that special sense of the game's history there. In that sense, it reminds me of Snookers in Providence, Rhode Island, which is filled with memorabilia that celebrates the history of pro pool in New England.

Rooms like Chris' in Chicago and Snookers in Rhode Island are virtual shrines to our game and visiting them always inspires me.

Glad to hear that you had a good trip and experience, Joey.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great blog, great stories! I have shared the link.:D