MAKO cue tips have you tried them?

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
Has anybody tried MAKO cue tips? If so please post the following.

Post a picture of the tip installed on your cue.
How long have you used your tip?
How is the hit and what hardness did you use?
How did it hold it's shape after playing with it?
How well does it hold chalk?
Would you buy and have it installed again?
Would you refer a friend to use the tip?

Looking for honest reviews as everyone's opinion may be different and hit is subjective.

Please don't post if you can not answer the questions and post a picture of the installed tip.

Thanks

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
Here is a review from Dave Lammers (cuecrazy)

Click here to see his review CLICK HERE

I have cut and pasted it. See below.

Today, 02:37 PM
I have had and used this Mako soft for several days now. And here’s my unbiased opinion;

For a modest price of only $10, this is an exceptional tip.
It has many of the qualities of the much more expensive tips, but without the cost.
The hardness on their soft tip is actually about halfway between medium and soft ( which is where I like it).
Draw/follow/sidespin is an 8 out of 10. As it’s ability to hold chalk is 8/10 also.
It seems to hold it’s shape extremely well 10/10. And I would highly recommend it to anyone that wanted to stay at a price under $25 per tip.

If I won the lottery, I’d always buy Kamui or G2s, etc.
But, for us “normal” players who want a good value, this Mako tip is the right choice.

DL in North Carolina

Playing cue:
Huebler

image0.jpg

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it's bulging over the edge of the ferrule a bit. Finishing could've been better.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T810 met Tapatalk

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
Looks like it's bulging over the edge of the ferrule a bit. Finishing could've been better.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T810 met Tapatalk

Looking for reviews on the tip only. Have you tried one or had one installed? Not looking for any bashing of the workmanship of the installer. Just want good honest reviews of the tip in this thread. Thanks

cuecrazy

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You’re right.
But, I don’t have a lathe, so it’s sanded down by hand and it takes hours. I do the best I can.

Just won the regionals tournament last week, so I guess it doesn’t matter too much. ��

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
You’re right.
But, I don’t have a lathe, so it’s sanded down by hand and it takes hours. I do the best I can.

Just won the regionals tournament last week, so I guess it doesn’t matter too much. ��

Thanks for the honest review of the tip.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re right.

hey, as long as you're happy with it and play well with it. Nice shootin' at that tournament!

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
You’re right.

That's good to know.

Thank you.

Congrats.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Has anybody tried MAKO cue tips? If so please post the following.

Post a picture of the tip installed on your cue.
How long have you used your tip?
How is the hit and what hardness did you use?
How did it hold it's shape after playing with it?
How well does it hold chalk?
Would you buy and have it installed again?
Would you refer a friend to use the tip?

Looking for honest reviews as everyone's opinion may be different and hit is subjective.

Please don't post if you can not answer the questions and post a picture of the installed tip.

Thanks

So you want reviews on a tip nobody ever heard of?? Why not send out some free ones amd let people test them??

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Here is the link to the free tips. I still have some spots open.

CLICK HERE

So why not say that in the post. Why not remind everyone you gave away some free tips and were hoping for some feed back now on this new thread so folks know how good your product is. C'mon. Don't be lazy on the marketing side of the house.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Mako review

I installed the medium tip a week ago.
Installs good like a premium tip, nicely sealed packaging, i scuffed the tip with 120 sand paper, lathe install.
Plays like a medium but on the softer side of medium.
Installed on a Jacoby standard maple shaft/capped ferrule on a joss sneaky butt.
I give it a 90 out of a 100.. I’ve only used the tip a week, i played a few days with the full tip then I took the tip down a little more on the lathe to the height I like. I’ve found I get to see and feel a tips true colors much further into its use so I can’t give it a full score but I will say it’s a good tip. I can move the cue ball with some nice twirl using this tip.
Held shape good.
Held chalk well/ always remember to chalk.
I’ll suggest the tip others in future. I may pick up some stock to offer others installs.
Will recommend a friend.

Rob.M

Attachments

• 3C64E287-A56D-45A5-B953-22FDE910C654.jpg
    3C64E287-A56D-45A5-B953-22FDE910C654.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 3137DA63-AF6E-4EE4-BA77-EE62C035F26A.jpg
    3137DA63-AF6E-4EE4-BA77-EE62C035F26A.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Mako

A few more pics of the install.
Keep it chalked and it behaves well.
I like a nickel radius.
The white in the first photo of the trimming is CA clean up that was residual/it’s not ferrule material.

Rob.M

Attachments

• 405C64AF-0ABB-42FC-B400-5D63352A8C65.jpg
    405C64AF-0ABB-42FC-B400-5D63352A8C65.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 273
  • F6641201-EE7D-4E96-B2FF-572025BED64A.jpg
    F6641201-EE7D-4E96-B2FF-572025BED64A.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited: