Your percent for this drill?

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a drill I do a lot. Line up all 15 balls in a line between the side pockets. Set up a straight-in shot from the second diamond (like shown on the diagram) and shoot into the corner with a stop shot/slight draw. Repeat (ball in hand, straight-in) for all balls, 7 into one corner, 8 into the other.

What percentage do you make and what do you consider your playing level? Just curious to see how I compare.

Thanks.

Attachments

• drill.png
    drill.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,435
Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ball in hand each time? I mean setup a straight shot each time?

berniecoy

I make about 95% of these. I've been playing for around a year and a half. I'd consider myself intermediate.

What is your percentage?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, set up a straight-in with ball-in-hand.

Ok. Probably a great drill for developing a consistent stroke, and for working on your focus/concentration.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I make about 95% of these. I've been playing for around a year and a half. I'd consider myself intermediate.

What is your percentage?

I'm around 12-13 out of 15, I'd say I'm a bit under intermediate. I do hit all 15 maybe every 5th time.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I haven't done this drill but with bih each shot, I would imagine my percentage would be fairly high. I'll have to get to the pool room early Monday and try it since I don't have a 9' at the house.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've seen people doing this and it looked easy,
but i do good to make 5 in a row

i consider myself a poor player

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't done this drill but with bih each shot, I would imagine my percentage would be fairly high. I'll have to get to the pool room early Monday and try it since I don't have a 9' at the house.

Same, if I missed in this scenario it is just because I lost concentration. I typically shoot 30 or so long straight in shots (corner to opposite corner) to start every practice session. I rarely miss the straight in one. Scoot that sucker over and give me 10-20 degree cut and my percentage goes way down! :thumbup:

And to the OP, I am not a strong player. I bounce between APA SL-5 or 6 in 8 ball, 7-8 in 9 ball.

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My best was doing the drill 3 times in a row without a miss, 9' table. I also tend to miss only when I lose concentration for a second or shoot out of rhythm (usually too quickly). I've also done the drill with the cue ball 1 diamond farther back twice in a row without missing. I tend to lose focus if I do the drill too long, so I might only do it a few times to prevent developing bad habits from rushing/getting bored.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Don't know about percentage. I usually make them all, but maybe miss 1 or 2 out of 15 every once in a while. I consider myself intermediate on a good day, Dean on the other days.

Just curious - another poster mentioned moving the line of OBs and also moving the starting position of the CB. With BIH as the OP has suggested, what would be the most difficult configuration for this drill?

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is really table dependent. New cloth or soft pockets and you might never miss. Shimmed up pockets and worn cloth no one has to make all 15.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know about percentage. I usually make them all, but maybe miss 1 or 2 out of 15 every once in a while. I consider myself intermediate on a good day, Dean on the other days.

Just curious - another poster mentioned moving the line of OBs and also moving the starting position of the CB. With BIH as the OP has suggested, what would be the most difficult configuration for this drill?
Both on the same spot.

Difficulty level infinity.