Old Valley Pool Table ID Help

HomerJay20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table is in a warehouse close to where I live. For some strange reason, I really like it. I'm thinking $595 is too much for it though. If I can get it for less and verify that parts are still available for it, I just may give it a go. It could be a good sacrificial lamb to start developing table mechanic skills that I badly desire.

Info from seller: placcard says Valley Sales and Manufacturing - Bay City Michigan; 3/4" one piece slate; plywood like cabinet.

Thanks for any help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370470818322&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Attachments

• OldValleyNonCoinTable.PNG
    OldValleyNonCoinTable.PNG
    98.6 KB · Views: 12,133

danutz

Banned
Looks clean. If the slate, and cabinet are in good shape, i say go for it. Rails, bolts, and stuff are readily available.

HomerJay20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks clean. If the slate, and cabinet are in good shape, i say go for it. Rails, bolts, and stuff are readily available.

How can you tell that parts would be readily available? My biggest fear is that it was made prior to 1970 and the Valley-Dynamo site says they don't have parts for those tables. Other than that, a Valley with drop pockets that looks like that... Heck Yeah. I might want to throw some Ridgeback Rails & Simonis 860 on there for good measure.

Thanks for the input!

danutz

Banned
How can you tell that parts would be readily available? My biggest fear is that it was made prior to 1970 and the Valley-Dynamo site says they don't have parts for those tables. Other than that, a Valley with drop pockets that looks like that... Heck Yeah. I might want to throw some Ridgeback Rails & Simonis 860 on there for good measure.

Thanks for the input!

there's a place on that site where you put the serial # in to find out what year/model it is. From the pic, it looks to be all there, and in good shape. If so, and the slate's good, i don't know what you would need besides rails, and cloth. I've never seen a drop pocket valley before, only coin ops. I like it.

HomerJay20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there's a place on that site where you put the serial # in to find out what year/model it is. From the pic, it looks to be all there, and in good shape. If so, and the slate's good, i don't know what you would need besides rails, and cloth. I've never seen a drop pocket valley before, only coin ops. I like it.

The drop pockets are why I love this table. The guy says he has 20 other pool tables as well, so it might be worth the 1 hr trip.

Thanks for the input!

scruffy1

Silver Member
The drop pockets are why I love this table. The guy says he has 20 other pool tables as well, so it might be worth the 1 hr trip.

Thanks for the input!

I may be confused but why do you think its drop pocket? It says non coin operated but that only means no coin slot. I can obviously see it is a return model with the ball return opening. If it is drop pocket,its possible someone tore out the return and put plastic drop pockets in.

HomerJay20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be confused but why do you think its drop pocket? It says non coin operated but that only means no coin slot. I can obviously see it is a return model with the ball return opening. If it is drop pocket,its possible someone tore out the return and put plastic drop pockets in.

Good point Scruffy! I'm actually not certain that these are drop pockets. There are two hints that made me think they are. First, I think you can see wood backing in the back of what would be the ball return gulley. Second, the white pocket liners just seem to be drop pocket liners.

Not sure though. I'll have to ask before I go out.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

I see the table has white pocket liners..if there original liners... the white and or red liners is around 1960's era trend...
-
Rob.M