Olhausen Rail Torque

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a new Olhausen 8 footer.

I am looking for the torque specification on the (3) bolts that hold the rails to the slate via the domed wahser.

One of the rails detorqued on one end itself and started to rattle. I firmed it up, but since the other bolts were "not so tight" I estimated that these are tightened to a given spec so as to not distort the slate and not to pinch the wood backing rails. Just looking for that spec.

Thanks.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a new Olhausen 8 footer.

I am looking for the torque specification on the (3) bolts that hold the rails to the slate via the domed wahser.

One of the rails detorqued on one end itself and started to rattle. I firmed it up, but since the other bolts were "not so tight" I estimated that these are tightened to a given spec so as to not distort the slate and not to pinch the wood backing rails. Just looking for that spec.

Thanks.

Rail bolts coming loose happens to all new setup tables within the first 90 days or so, once they adjust to the room it's in. On your table I'd tighten the rail bolts to about 10ft lbs, as Olhausen tables use mostly a T-nut in the rails which are not as strong as what Gold Crowns or Diamond uses.

Glen