G10 black rolled and molded where to buy?

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to find black G10 rolled and molded in 3/8 and 7/16 rod. Must be black and rolled and molded. If anybody can help, I will send them a dozen free pins. Need to be a reasonble price though.
Thank you, Chip Ginther (425)891-6320.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Call Joe Barringer @ 386-424-0300. I don't know if he sells it, but I believe he uses it IIRC.
Mr H

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
a few years ago we tryed making pins for him he sent us this black g10 its hard to machine after playing with it we returned his product the best way to make these pins is to grind them on a cnc machine we told him there would be around a 600.00 set up fee to build the grinding fixture he declined we also decided it wasnt worth the time pursuing it but yes barringer did have some made he told us it was very costly he might tell you where to buy it but i doubt it try atlas they handle g10

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
g 10

thank you for the replies. it is confusing to me why there is so many cues that have black g 10 rolled and molded pins and I have talked to the 5 largest plastic manufactures and none of them make it. not saying the black g 10 out there is not strong, it just seems misleading to me. thank you, chip ginther
Call Joe Barringer @ 386-424-0300. I don't know if he sells it, but I believe he uses it IIRC.
Mr H

RocketQ

It's Not Rocket Science
Silver Member
blk g-10

I am trying to find black G10 rolled and molded in 3/8 and 7/16 rod. Must be black and rolled and molded. If anybody can help, I will send them a dozen free pins. Need to be a reasonble price though.

Chip more than likely you will have to get a custom batch made. That is not going to be cheap as there is a minimum order. You will probably have to buy 50' of it at a time.

John

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ty

i would a lot more than that if it was reasonable price.
Chip more than likely you will have to get a custom batch made. That is not going to be cheap as there is a minimum order. You will probably have to buy 50' of it at a time.

John

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chip,i am still working on getting that order for you,but so far nobody seems to be making it right now.i guess the price of black G-10 rolled and molded pins just went up.

Hoppe,i still haven't cut that board up,i was out of work for a couple months,but i haven't forgotten about you.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may be a dumb question but just what is "rolled and molded" G-10 pins? I was under the impression that these G-10 pins were ground to size. Am I wrong? Inquiring minds would like to know. :idea2: :idea2:

Dick

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
This may be a dumb question but just what is "rolled and molded" G-10 pins? I was under the impression that these G-10 pins were ground to size. Am I wrong? Inquiring minds would like to know. :idea2: :idea2:

Dick

They are cut from flat stock ( 9/16 ) then turned round.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the pins are cut or ground but the material they use is sometimes rolled and molded.

i think they wrap the sheets around a mandrel until its a sold rod or tube whatever the case may be.that is why you can see a seam sometimes,i think.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To get what you want made, you need to contact a company that does Pultrusion.If you get enough ordered, they can possibly make a set of tooling to have it made in your material spec.
Try these peopel for a start. They do frp and have threaded rods.

San Diego Plastics
2220 McKinley Avenue
National City CA 91950
800/925-4855 619/477-4855 FAX 619/477-4874

http://www.sdplastics.com/index.html

Neil Lickfold

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
g 10

thank you, i will call them. chip
To get what you want made, you need to contact a company that does Pultrusion.If you get enough ordered, they can possibly make a set of tooling to have it made in your material spec.
Try these peopel for a start. They do frp and have threaded rods.

San Diego Plastics
2220 McKinley Avenue
National City CA 91950
800/925-4855 619/477-4855 FAX 619/477-4874

http://www.sdplastics.com/index.html

Neil Lickfold