Mark Gregory - Anniversary from the ground up!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-

In a fluorescent lighting system, the ballast regulates the current to the lamps and provides sufficient voltage to start the lamps. Without a ballast to limit its current, a fluorescent lamp connected directly to a high voltage power source would rapidly and uncontrollably increase its current draw.

Rob.M

I'm such a dumb ass. I looked at the picture and thought it was part of the table not the light. Smack my head.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
He does great work the best .
But tell him if you or anyone talks to him
He can't beat me playing 1 pocket 😏
He says since he used to give you weight in the old days, now that he's old, needs glasses and doesn't play anymore,and you're a great player he'll take 10-7, and he'll give it a whirl!

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Beautiful table. I'm a big fan of Anniversaries.

But isn't the nameplate at the wrong end of the table?

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
He says since he used to give you weight in the old days, now that he's old, needs glasses and doesn't play anymore,and you're a great player he'll take 10-7, and he'll give it a whirl!

Mark knows how it goes in Ohio, he should ask for a game he can with with...... Lol

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I would be disappointed to see anything less than perfect from Mark, he's in the zone when it comes to the Cenntennials and Anniversaries, no one on planet earth comes anywhere near Marks quality of work or attention to detail.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Beautiful table. I'm a big fan of Anniversaries.

But isn't the nameplate at the wrong end of the table?

Done for,aesthetics, to go with ballbox and because owner wanted to be able to use center site,on head rail for banking in 1pocket.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, that is a real beauty!! Love the picture with the reflection of the light diffuser on the rail.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Uhhhh... no The Gold Crown was a 'fashion statement', plain and simple. the Cents and Anivs were considered dated at the time.

As for playability - every Gold Crown on planet Earth was a pale shadow of the previous generation.
Even the Sport King and Sportsman "starter" tables played better than GCs.

It is one of the many tragedies of pool that pool table design froze at the Gold Crown
instead of the Anniversary.

Dale

You do realize the Sport King had one of the worst frames Brunswick ever put under a slate on a commercial pool table...right?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
-

In a fluorescent lighting system, the ballast regulates the current to the lamps and provides sufficient voltage to start the lamps. Without a ballast to limit its current, a fluorescent lamp connected directly to a high voltage power source would rapidly and uncontrollably increase its current draw.

Rob.M

But...the light Mark built pictured here in this thread, don't have one single florescent light in it, they're all LED lights;)

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table is definately more handsome than a new Gold Crown. I've also read in these forums that it and the Centennial play just as well. Should I assume therefore, that in 1960 Brunswick decided they were too expensive, kept the playability, cut back on the expense by cutting back on the flashy looks, and came up with the Gold Crown?
Brunswick hired the famous art designer Donald Desky to design the 100 year aniversary table, the Centennial. It was the best table ever. He also designed the Radio City Music Hall's facade.

Good job Mark. That's the best finish work yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a beautiful table. I sold my Formica railed Anni years ago for a boat and have missed it ever since. Now that finances are better, I knew I wanted... Needed another one. Mark is currently finishing mine up as well and I can't wait until its all set up. Stay tuned for more pics

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brunswick hired the famous art designer Donald Desky to design the 100 year aniversary table, the Centennial. It was the best table ever. He also designed the Radio City Music Hall's facade.

The famous Donald Deskey did indeed design some tables for Brunswick, some backbars too, however, both the Anniversary and Centennial models were designed by the same two men: Robert I. Anderson and Bert Hoeker of Grand Haven and Muskegon, Michigan respectively.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did you get that info? It is very interesting. I'm not saying your wrong, but it is a common belief that he did design the Centennial and Anniversary. Of course none of these sources are worth listing. A Google search routinely returns his name as designer.
For the record, I trust you on this one.

Edited to add that I found an old post from 2010 that you made on this subject. It's amazing how someone can get credit for work they didn't do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited: