What are your Life's Main Philosophies?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I can dig it!

I love and respect you Jerry.
I know how hard you work in spite of immense adversity and disappointment.

Now I gotta out you-

For those of you here, Jerry farms his own land and donates much of the food he grows to the underprivileged.

For this, there is no praise high enough....

Oh and philosophies-
"Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of traveling"
"Ideas without action are stillborn"[/
QUOTE]

Absolutely, well said.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully,

that my life is a witness to who I am and in Whom I believe,

along with the "Platinum Rule"
- Do unto others as THEY would have done unto them

Can't say I always measure up..... but I'm always trying.

td

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Well said

This will eventually get moved to NPR, but while it is here:

My philosophy of life is very simple. I live in America and therefor consider myself a free man.

I live my life intent on not causing harm or fear of harm to any other person. As long as I meet that requirement I am free to do whatever I wish. I pay zero attention to most laws. For crying out loud it is illegal in most of the south to have oral sex with your wife, so I have no respect for the silly folks who pass such laws. I obey speed laws when in traffic or on dangerous roads, but otherwise I drive at a speed that is reasonable and prudent for the conditions I am in.

What I do in the privacy of my own home is not any business of society. My home is my castle and if anyone comes barging through my door yelling "police" they will be met with 11 rounds of 12 gauge hell. Home invaders know how to dress and yell like cops, so I would take no chances with the safety of my wife.

I am not religious. I have no time for ghosts, spirits, demons, angels or devils. My obligation in life is to my fellow man and I will lift up anyone who falls before me. My moral code is based on the Golden Rule. (Just because I do not believe does not mean I do not respect and obey the rules that religious texts spell out for how humans are to interact. If I could get my religious friends to do the same the world would be better for it.)

I am not so egotistical as to think there is an afterlife. I see no reason that the universe would wish to host me more than once. And I think it takes a pretty over-sized ego to believe that you are valuable enough to live again or forever. Therefor, the year after my death holds no more concern for me than the year before my birth did.

Much the same for me. I try very hard to practice the Golden Rule (which is found in all religions and in the writings of many atheists and agnostics), and I don't limit it to my "race", religion, nationality, gender or species.

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Much the same for me. I try very hard to practice the Golden Rule (which is found in all religions and in the writings of many atheists and agnostics), and I don't limit it to my "race", religion, nationality or species.

Nicely put, Donny. :)

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

People will eventually show you who they really are. When they do....believe them.
and
The hardest person that you will have to work to get past is...yourself.

i should write this on the wall!

i have passed the Truth onto you; how you choose to use this information - is entirely up to you; i am relieved of all responsibility. - SLM

it takes an emotional event, to change habitual behaviour. - KK9

you can't control other people's actions; you can control how you react to them and have faith that you are strong enough to get through it. - Dr Phil

when you get real honest with yourself, you'll know.

and if you're down on a shot, and you second-guess yourself, Instinct is always right.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
i should write this on the wall!
i have passed the Truth onto you; how you choose to use this information - is entirely up to you; i am relieved of all responsibility. - SLM
it takes an emotional event, to change habitual behaviour. - KK9
you can't control other people's actions; you can control how you react to them and have faith that you are strong enough to get through it. - Dr Phil
when you get real honest with yourself, you'll know.
and if you're down on a shot, and you second-guess yourself, Instinct is always right.

Well said, Pink.
And if you're a mole in a hole with another one ahead of you, instinct is all you've got. :smile:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This will eventually get moved to NPR, but while it is here:

My philosophy of life is very simple. I live in America and therefor consider myself a free man.

I live my life intent on not causing harm or fear of harm to any other person. As long as I meet that requirement I am free to do whatever I wish. I pay zero attention to most laws. For crying out loud it is illegal in most of the south to have oral sex with your wife, so I have no respect for the silly folks who pass such laws. I obey speed laws when in traffic or on dangerous roads, but otherwise I drive at a speed that is reasonable and prudent for the conditions I am in.

What I do in the privacy of my own home is not any business of society. My home is my castle and if anyone comes barging through my door yelling "police" they will be met with 11 rounds of 12 gauge hell. Home invaders know how to dress and yell like cops, so I would take no chances with the safety of my wife.

I am not religious. I have no time for ghosts, spirits, demons, angels or devils. My obligation in life is to my fellow man and I will lift up anyone who falls before me. My moral code is based on the Golden Rule. (Just because I do not believe does not mean I do not respect and obey the rules that religious texts spell out for how humans are to interact. If I could get my religious friends to do the same the world would be better for it.)

I am not so egotistical as to think there is an afterlife. I see no reason that the universe would wish to host me more than once. And I think it takes a pretty over-sized ego to believe that you are valuable enough to live again or forever. Therefor, the year after my death holds no more concern for me than the year before my birth did.

Pretty deep Jerry.

May I suggest you back it up with a reinforced door........

Smooth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I'm at a fork in the road or have a heavy decision to make, I start with "Die Happy" and work it backwards... it makes my decision-making much easier, and I never have remorse about a choice. I'm at peace with myself even if it doesn't work out.

pooljockey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Life is real easy get up go to work pay your bills enjoy what time you have with friends and family cause none of us are invinsble and have a great time why your doing it and you'll be prosperous In your own way and it helps to win a few games of billiards along the way lol

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My life's philosophy is the Witch's Creed.

"Do what ye' will and harm none." - not easy to practice but a goal worthy of pursuing.

And I like, "be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi.

Lastly, I see all people as humans first and I abhor divisions and hatred. I guess I hate hate.

"The problem with people is people" - John Barton

If everyone on earth were to get a massage every day I think we wouldn't be so eager to kill each other.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Golden Rule.

"A man's gotta know his limitations" Dirty Harry

The best defense is a strong offense. (see One Pocket)

"It's not that I don't like people, I just feel better when they're not around" Bukowski

Life is 10% fun, 90% cleanup.

Mind over matter... if you don't mind, it don't matter.

This ain't no dress rehearsal.

Life isn't a sprint... it's a marathon... pace, baby!

And agreed... once you're down on that one pocket bank for the cheese, commit fully..
"I got this"

Last edited: