I phone slow motion

JC

Coos Cues
Was playing a friend a cheap set yesterday and I had ball in hand and wanted to shoot the 1 ball down the rail but I had to get the cue ball in close to it to clear one of his balls and get the right angle. He asked someone else to watch it but I also agreed to let him try is slow motion on his i phone. Both he and the so called watcher called a foul watching it live. The video showed something quite different IMO. You can actually hear my opponent calling foul at the very end of this clip.

https://youtu.be/dIO0-kgezjM

This shot was a safety I was playing where the balls landed later on. I was dinking the ball to the rail. We had 5 people watching this one and all agreed it was a double hit foul. Some saw it hit twice and a couple even heard it hit twice too. How reliable is eyewitness?

https://youtu.be/iEtIBbGpRpo

I think this technology is pretty cool and could see a wide application for it in these tight shots even among friends but also in tournaments.

JC

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Its really an odd video. Because it was recorded in slo-mo the cue ball like it has a real funny reaction. I tried playing at 2Xs speed and the cue ball still reacts funny. I agree that cell phone video should be permitted to use to ref shots if available. The whole idea of having someone watch a shot is to get a correct ruling and to try to prevent arguements. Cell phone video can acomplish bpth quite nicely.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But you only get one review per game unless the ruling is reversed!

JC

Coos Cues
Its really an odd video. Because it was recorded in slo-mo the cue ball like it has a real funny reaction. I tried playing at 2Xs speed and the cue ball still reacts funny. I agree that cell phone video should be permitted to use to ref shots if available. The whole idea of having someone watch a shot is to get a correct ruling and to try to prevent arguements. Cell phone video can acomplish bpth quite nicely.

The first shot on the 1 ball the "proof" that it was a foul (prior to reviewing the video) was because I got the cue ball to follow and come back off the rail with less than a ball width of air. Again misconception by eyewitness accounts and wrong ideas about what's possible. My signature line describes this phenomenon exactly.:)

JC

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The first shot on the 1 ball the "proof" that it was a foul (prior to reviewing the video) was because I got the cue ball to follow and come back off the rail with less than a ball width of air. Again misconception by eyewitness accounts and wrong ideas about what's possible. My signature line describes this phenomenon exactly.:)

JC

One of my favorites that happens to be extremely true is "you dont know what you dont know"

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was playing a friend a cheap set yesterday and I had ball in hand and wanted to shoot the 1 ball down the rail but I had to get the cue ball in close to it to clear one of his balls and get the right angle. He asked someone else to watch it but I also agreed to let him try is slow motion on his i phone. Both he and the so called watcher called a foul watching it live. The video showed something quite different IMO. You can actually hear my opponent calling foul at the very end of this clip.

This shot was a safety I was playing where the balls landed later on. I was dinking the ball to the rail. We had 5 people watching this one and all agreed it was a double hit foul. Some saw it hit twice and a couple even heard it hit twice too. How reliable is eyewitness?

I think this technology is pretty cool and could see a wide application for it in these tight shots even among friends but also in tournaments.

JC

I don't see the tip come anywhere near the cueball a second time, the cueball reacted that way due to almost a full hit and follow.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member

JC

If it was me shooting that exact same shot and my opponent is watching the shot, if he/she called foul, I would of picked up the cue ball and hand it to them! Then tell them in a not so nice way that if you think that was a foul, you obviously don't know much and I can't waste my time playing with a complete and utter moron!

Just my .02

Eli

P.S. I HATE gambling with morons!

JC

Coos Cues
If it was me shooting that exact same shot and my opponent is watching the shot, if he/she called foul, I would of picked up the cue ball and hand it to them! Then tell them in a not so nice way that if you think that was a foul, you obviously don't know much and I can't waste my time playing with a complete and utter moron!

Just my .02

Eli

P.S. I HATE gambling with morons!

He called a foul on that one and questions me on every shot I take where the cue ball is close to the object ball. "Was that a good hit"? "Was that a foul"

He was 100% sure the second one was a foul just like the rest of the experts watching.

Nope, afraid not.

He's the only serious player that will gamble a little with me in this two horse town though.

JC

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
We actually adopted the cell phone Slo Mo into our local leagues rules, prior to the current session.

The league LO wanted no parts of it until we got him to take a look at what it can do and how easy it is to work and incorporate.

He was amazed after seeing it in action...

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
We actually adopted the cell phone Slo Mo into our local leagues rules, prior to the current session.

The league LO wanted no parts of it until we got him to take a look at what it can do and how easy it is to work and incorporate.

He was amazed after seeing it in action...
We play with some of the nicest, cheatingest mofos I've seen in league.

They would argue with video evidence. Plus they're always hitting them so well, they never need to call for an observer to watch.

Makes me sick most of the time.

***Why do XYZ rules want an active XYZ member to observe when we are in a bar with only our 2 teams playing ? Who can be impartial ?***