Kamui pool cue tip questions for you expierenced users or sellers

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update to this thread.

My best friend's Kamui Clear SS Black tip is the best tip I have ever played. It has kept it's shape, softness and most importantly grippyness if that is a word.

All this being said I have had the same person install the same tip on my cue at 50 dollars. My tip is just not the same as my friends tip. I am not sure why and will say that I am more than a bit disappointed. If I could get a tip exactly like my friend's I probably would have paid 100 dollars and been very happy. At 50 bucks it is too much money to just cut it off and try another of the same tip.

Wonder what I could look for to achieve the same nice grip that my friend's tip has. Best tip I have ever felt and I have been playing for 30+ years.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Kevin

Give it some more time, I have kamui black soft, didn't really know what to think of it. Now three months later, I have grown to like it. Like someone said, keep it shaped and scuffed.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui tips glaze over and turn to glass. They play fine but u will need to replace them once a month and rough the tip up daily. I now use triangle tips and I am VERY happy.

I must be doing something wrong. I have had a black kamui clear on my cur fir a year now and no issues at all.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Offer to buy his cue? :thumbup:

Believe it or not it is on a cue that I sold him over ten years ago. To this day it is the best feeling cue I have ever felt and I have owned over 100 cues in the last 30 plus years.

That being said he loves the cue and has no interest in selling it back to me.

It plays even better with the Kamui SS tip on it.

Kevin