John Schmidt's 626

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe only the soundtrack is here::grin-square:

https://youtu.be/enuOArEfqGo?t=156

Happy new year....:wink:

One of the best and most under appreciated performances ever on the silver screen was Eli Wallach as Tuco.

If the DVD didn't get released with all the pool halls closed and people prime to buy a DVD of the 626 then I don't think there will be a DVD. I'm thinking there is an issue of some sort.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Like I was the first time the crowd at the Mosconi Cup started to do "Sweet Caroline." I had no idea that was a thing.

Say it ain’t so, Bob, say it ain’t so. I never watched the Moscini Cup before last year. I loved the electricity and boisterousness in the crowd. If there is an event that might be able to attract the casual viewer to pool, that would be it.

However, if at any time, I would have heard “Sweet Caroline” while watching, I’d have horked my Thanksgiving dinner all over the living room. Thank heavens I missed that. Every dawg-gone wedding reception I will ever go to, or my children’s children will ever go to, will have a cadre of drunken louts in sorta unison and wholly off key chanting, “SWEET CAROLINE! Bum Bum Bum!” I can see the bridesmaids with their highball glasses and dirty knees elbowing their ‘besties’ excited for THE sing-a-long.

I’m sorry for the tangent, but the thought of being awash in a mass of people pretending they actually enjoy that garbage so they can feel they are part of the group makes my insides churn. The only thing worse is the thought of a campfire rendition of American Pie sung in rounds.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Caroline is a force to be reckoned with. I've seen entire bars of random strangers jump in for the choruses.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
He is waiting for the pandemic to end so he can setup more screenings so the entire world can see it... as if they give a shit.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any day now...

Attachments

• 27723FA9-BC08-4EBE-B7BE-707FC489C45E.jpg
    27723FA9-BC08-4EBE-B7BE-707FC489C45E.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 432

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
interesting... Can't say I'd pay a $1 for a dvd of a dude potting balls for hours. Even if he broke a record.

Unless of course every second shot was some form of circus performance.

14.1 must be a way of life for some.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
He is waiting for the pandemic to end so he can setup more screenings so the entire world can see it... as if they give a shit.

Oh!...I thought that he was waiting to finish his World 626 Tour before he and Metro Goldwyn Mayer releases the film...

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
ur a stanker

What would be awesome is if a rogue AV guy Rick Rolled the Super Bowl halftime. And the people with a clue started singing along. The rest would be perplexed and confused and would try to sing along. Like I was the first time the crowd at the Mosconi Cup started to do "Sweet Caroline." I had no idea that was a thing.

The bca has lost it's stanger' of credibility as well bob. In my mind i'm going to Carolina is better.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
interesting... Can't say I'd pay a $1 for a dvd of a dude potting balls for hours. Even if he broke a record.

Unless of course every second shot was some form of circus performance.

14.1 must be a way of life for some.

I would and I 100% believe it was legit at first but now I'm not so sure. The only report I've seen from someone who viewed it said they played part of it at double speed.

I still believe John is capable of 526 because he has run 400 multiple times but I'm from Missouri - show me.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is interesting. I am going to throw out the scientific method here, because in science if you do not share your work/results so that others can confirm, it is....well....not considered.

In the world of sports, I have never heard of or seen a "lack" of evidence to a claim - world record at that. I understand the Mosconi record, but enough people witnessed it, so that counts, I guess? I do not know enough about it.

What I do know is simple: Any evidence that can be produced for others' to "inspect" should be presented. That has to be the way it is. If not, anyone can start claiming anything and it will stand.

This is probably terrible to bring this up, but some of you should check out the old Atari records and how some have been proven fradulent. My goodness, really? Nothing is sacred, lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vuVYo4TXns

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At this point who really cares. I'd pay NOT to watch 5 hours of some guy running endless balls on a 4x8.

He should have put it out on YOUTUBE (starting his own channel) for the fans to enjoy (before ALL of these articles) and advertised that it was FREE to watch in those articles directing people to his youtube channel/instagram. From there he would have scored a lot of views/Instagram followers. THEN he could be qualified to start advertising and making big bucks from whatever notoriety he could obtain.

Instead he thought it warranted some....movie release? I don't know. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

JS is a great players and smart guy....but sometimes people are "too smart". If any of you pro pool players need a business manager feel free to reach out.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At this point who really cares. I'd pay NOT to watch 5 hours of some guy running endless balls on a 4x8.

Just in case anyone else is confused.... It was on a 4.5x9 Rebco pool table and it took slightly over 4 hours including ball cleaning and some breaks.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Running that many balls is an incredible feat, but until somebody shows me a video of Mosconi cleaning the table, the balls, and the cue ball a hundred times and switching racking ends, I am going with Mosconi's as being more impressive.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If full video exists and has not been made readily available at this point in time I’d have to say it’s highly likely there’s a problem with the run.

Is there another logical conclusion?

Lou Figueroa
all ears

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If full video exists and has not been made readily available at this point in time I’d have to say it’s highly likely there’s a problem with the run.

Is there another logical conclusion?

Lou Figueroa
all ears

I assume it is "tainted" in some way where its credibility could be argued, especially on some sort of "technicality" at the least.