Can Dennis Orcollo outrun 10 games on the wire against Hennessee - Match Thread

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do people think dennis hit his head or lost an appendage recently?

Was he not the 'money game king' as early as a decade ago?

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is a monster at everything. The only thing he doesn't have to like is big table 10 ball against Shane. It's good that people are stepping up to him, but they are going to have to put in the time, work, and competition he does to have a chance. This guy eats, breathes, sleeps pool, pool, and more pool.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These folks matching up with Dennis recently don't like their money.
Dennis nick should be changed to "Robber" not "Robocop" :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not only did he "outrun the nuts," he ate them afterwards. I've been hanging with Dennis for over ten years now and he never ceases to amaze me. I can't tell you how many times I've told him that he has a bad game and he just smiles that little smile of his and says, "Don't worry Jay, I'm gonna win," and he does. :D

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yeah, it didn't seem like nearly enough weight, although I thought it would be a bit closer than this. Well played, Dennis.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternate break might’ve helped even it out. Other wise spotting 10 to 20. Or 25 to 50 would have been closer. But that’s not fair to Dennis because he rose to the occasion at a level nobody should be asked to rise to in every match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternate break might’ve helped even it out. Other wise spotting 10 to 20. Or 25 to 50 would have been closer. But that’s not fair to Dennis because he rose to the occasion at a level nobody should be asked to rise to in every match up.

Alternate the break is not pool. Its tourney bs. The object of 9-10 ball is to 'get out'. Alternate the break would be if Dennis was mad at his money ! Even, Dennis has a big edge on alternate the break, but not with a 10 on the wire spot.
Alternate the break is a terrible way to bet your cash !
Pushout forever

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternate the break is not pool. Its tourney bs. The object of 9-10 ball is to 'get out'. Alternate the break would be if Dennis was mad at his money ! Even, Dennis has a big edge on alternate the break, but not with a 10 on the wire spot.

Alternate the break is a terrible way to bet your cash !

Pushout forever

I’m not endorsing it. Just describing what Henny might have needed to have that spot even close to a fair gamble for him.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I agree,Hennessee is a complete yo-yo most of the time.

However,in my mind he's top 10 in America,and to give him weight like this and completely drown him is pretty sporty ;).

This is why I think that if you take Shane's break,and Filler's gift for pocketing balls out of the equation,that Orcullo is the best player in the world day in and day out. Tommy D.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robocop does it again

Attachments

• E9FB1583-B60F-46AF-A239-622E0426ACCB.jpg
    E9FB1583-B60F-46AF-A239-622E0426ACCB.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 476

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[...]
This is why I think that if you take Shane's break,and Filler's gift for pocketing balls out of the equation,that Orcullo is the best player in the world day in and day out. Tommy D.

Does taking ball pocketing out of the equation not feel at least a little funny here?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does taking ball pocketing out of the equation not feel at least a little funny here?

I think painting Filler as merely having superior ball pocketing is a super one dimensional view of him to start anyway.

People don’t realize that SVB raised the bar for breaking and it took a decade for the field to catch up. But pretty much all 800+ FargoRate professionals break as well as Shane. Filler and Orcollo break just as well as Shane as far as I’m concerned.

Filler also has intensely meticulous ball speed control that not just benefits his shapes but also benefits his ability to achieve lock-up safeties. And he kicks out of safeties as well as anyone ever had (Busty, Efren, Darren, etc). And you might pretend he shoots hard shots out of bad patterns but the fact is he plays proper patterns.

And that’s not to over hype him. Shane is that good too. Maybe not as young and hungry. But neither Filler nor Shane nor Orcollo’s strengths are quite that one dimensional as we like to apocryphally pass on.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think painting Filler as merely having superior ball pocketing is a super one dimensional view of him to start anyway.

People don’t realize that SVB raised the bar for breaking and it took a decade for the field to catch up. But pretty much all 800+ FargoRate professionals break as well as Shane. Filler and Orcollo break just as well as Shane as far as I’m concerned.

Filler also has intensely meticulous ball speed control that not just benefits his shapes but also benefits his ability to achieve lock-up safeties. And he kicks out of safeties as well as anyone ever had (Busty, Efren, Darren, etc). And you might pretend he shoots hard shots out of bad patterns but the fact is he plays proper patterns.

And that’s not to over hype him. Shane is that good too. Maybe not as young and hungry. But neither Filler nor Shane nor Orcollo’s strengths are quite that one dimensional as we like to apocryphally pass on.

Well said! I get tired of all those people claiming Shane wins only because of his big break. He is a great ball pocketer and can do so under pressure. He is proficient in all other areas of the game; safety play, jump shots and kicks. Same can be said for Dennis, who seems to continually rise to the occasion when under pressure and produce his best results. I can say the same for Filler, who has shown exceptional talent in all aspects of the game and may well be the best player of the three. He looks to me like the most comfortable of these three great players when faced with a difficult layout, and has the necessary skills to execute the shot required.

I love Dennis and greatly admire Shane, but for my money Filler is The Man to beat right now. Wu and Chang are the only other players I would put in this elite league right now. Please add any other players who you think are their equals.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not only did he "outrun the nuts," he ate them afterwards. I've been hanging with Dennis for over ten years now and he never ceases to amaze me. I can't tell you how many times I've told him that he has a bad game and he just smiles that little smile of his and says, "Don't worry Jay, I'm gonna win," and he does. :D

He USUALLY outruns the weight...but he didn,t here in North Carolina...gave josh newman the 5 out and lost hill hill,gave bj the 6 out and lost two sets..11-7 and hill hill...although these were 1k,2k2k a set...so lost 5k two nights before henny."..

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do people think dennis hit his head or lost an appendage recently?

Was he not the 'money game king' as early as a decade ago?

Didn’t the Taiwanese players seem to have his number back then? I think he’s likely the money game king now but back then I remember him losing several big matches to Yang.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t the Taiwanese players seem to have his number back then? I think he’s likely the money game king now but back then I remember him losing several big matches to Yang.

Could be...I have limited RAM and sports stats not involving my cash are very low priority.