John Schmidt's 626

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Mosconi's record has no video or film either .
And someone claimed a ball popped back in to the table .

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
At this point who really cares. I'd pay NOT to watch 5 hours of some guy running endless balls on a 4x8.

He should have put it out on YOUTUBE (starting his own channel) for the fans to enjoy (before ALL of these articles) and advertised that it was FREE to watch in those articles directing people to his youtube channel/instagram. From there he would have scored a lot of views/Instagram followers. THEN he could be qualified to start advertising and making big bucks from whatever notoriety he could obtain.

Instead he thought it warranted some....movie release? I don't know. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

JS is a great players and smart guy....but sometimes people are "too smart". If any of you pro pool players need a business manager feel free to reach out.

Yep, I feel he's going off a pre-internet business model. Even accustats have free content on their youtube channel. I guarantee they've got more subscriptions due to their free content than any other advertising they do. It really pays to know the business climate of the decade you're in an a manager or marketing person would have helped him with this. Dude's a monster at pool but it's ok to ask for help from others in an area that's not your specialty. The era of "straight to tape" is over.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mosconi's record has no video or film either .
And someone claimed a ball popped back in to the table .
Actually the claim, in a letter to the editor of Pool & Billiard Magazine, was that twice during Mosconi's 526 the object ball jumped out of a pocket. The claim was without details in the letter. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. In any case Mosconi's record was recognized by the organization that was recognizing records and I think Willie was fully capable of running that many balls, especially on a 4x8, so I'm happy to recognize his record as well.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I should know this... what size corner pockets?

pj
chgo
Here is the equipment list for the last series of attempts:

14.1 Challenge IV
Easy Street Billiards
Monterey, California

John Schmidt Equipment List:

Rebco Pocket Billiard Table 4½ x 9
Drop Pockets - No Ball Return
Simonis 760 Tournament Cloth Blue
5 inch Corner Pockets
5½ inch Side Pockets
Sardo Rack
Super Aramith Pro Belgian Billiard Balls
Predator P3 Red Butt
Predator Revo 12.4mm Carbon Composite Shaft
19.5 oz and 58 inches
Techno Dud Tip by Outsville
Taom Pyro Blue Chalk
Predator Second Skin Billiard Glove
Predator Urbain 3x5 Hard Case Red

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Yep, I feel he's going off a pre-internet business model. Even accustats have free content on their youtube channel. I guarantee they've got more subscriptions due to their free content than any other advertising they do. It really pays to know the business climate of the decade you're in an a manager or marketing person would have helped him with this. Dude's a monster at pool but it's ok to ask for help from others in an area that's not your specialty. The era of "straight to tape" is over.

Coming soon to a Blockbuster near you, on Beta, V2000 and VCD for your convenience.

Seriously, at this point the whole thing is ruined for me. I wouldn't watch it for free on Youtube.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
beaurocratic delay

Any day now...

Since the weather is now getting cool - you might mant to wrap the skeleton in 'red tape' - but yea lie' I thought - almost two years after the announcement - still no unedited footage available for true 14.1 enthusiasts to view - and support their claim = bad actors. They can say what they will bout Mosconi's 526, the fact remains there is more accountability today vs. in Mosconi's era. All we can do is read their fake news (bca and j.s) and then continue to sweat their 'red tape'. Welcome to the fake news industry folks, they (bca,js,nyt, and predator coups') should have left 14.1 alone. There will be zero distractions pertaining table specs from my end, 626 is an incredible feet - on any table, I'm sorry to report i believe it did not happen. At least this is my double speed take. Be leery of fake news journalists - they do have a political agenda to use the media for their corruption. They just laugh at those seeking the truth and this is a problem for them, I repeat 'With great power comes great accountability'. It's a powerful claim to have surpassed a 70+yr sports history record - and then not provide evidence to the public.

Last edited:

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odd that it is exactly 100 balls more than the previous record. How strange is that? I wonder what went through his mind on 627, lol?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Odd that it is exactly 100 balls more than the previous record. How strange is that? I wonder what went through his mind on 627, lol?
Here is a diagram of shot 627. I imagine that John was thinking that the only way the run would continue was for the 8-3 combo to throw enough to make the 3. It didn't throw.

CropperCapture[115].jpg

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Here is a diagram of shot 627. I imagine that John was thinking that the only way the run would continue was for the 8-3 combo to throw enough to make the 3. It didn't throw.

View attachment 558965

more lieagrams' to confuse the 'general public'? I think the key phrase here bob - is that u imagine. Now back to reality - anyone looking to acquire a copy of this 626 - unedited - don't hold your breath. It's been two years since they announced it, thousands are asking for proof and jewett has some graphs to show us - not exactly unedited footage that many have asked for and even offered to pay for their own copy. Do not believe the bca's lies of corruption.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Based on that diagram it looks like one should be looking to cut it enough not throw it enough.
For example by playing the three-ball combo (12-8-3), which would be a cut in the right direction. If two balls are the right distance apart (3/8 inch) the cut will almost exactly cancel the throw for up to about a half-ball hit. I'm not sure exactly how far apart the two balls were, but they were not touching. Since the
3 went pretty much straight ahead, the combo would have been iffy as well. Maybe at high speed where there is less throw.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good grief. Tough shot for sure.
Well, on a shot like that, it's pretty much either dead or impossible. A tough shot would have been to play the six with left draw and Z across the table for almost straight on the 3 ball (assuming it fit) and then maybe take one of the other balls into a head pocket.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is a video of John Schmidt's 626 available to view online? If so, could somebody be so kind as to post the link below (thank you).

No and it is likely fake (in my opinion) so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Everything thing about the run points to it being other than legitimate.