Amy Paul

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Saw her on espn classic. Not sure how old the match was though, but wow i was really impressed, and she was cute to boot. What happened to her?!?!??!!?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another very good player (she was coached by Doc Brienza) who disappeared off the map. She was destined to be a top ten player in the 90's.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was on tv, espn classic yesterday morning. Her shotmaking was great, her speed was a lil funny at times but they said it was her first tv match. And she was playing Allison.

She was unranked at the time I believe. I recall she had a hockey connection, maybe a goalie or something in college.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Amy was a nice lady and a solid player of the late 1990's. She was a Canadian with a background in ice hockey. She was a strong girl with an athletic build, and had a big nine ball break.

My guess, and I'm not absolutely sure of this, is that she never cracked the Top 16 in the WPBA rankings, but she had some potential.

I don't recall the circumstances surrounding her disappearance from the WPBA scene.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
The match was from 1998, in Camp Pendleton,Ca....Camp Pendleton is in Oceanside which is north of San Diego....Amy was a star Hockey player who injured her back and the Doctor's told her to quit playing because the damage was severe...So she took up pool.....Doc was more than her instructor he was engaged to Amy...Amy lived in New Mexico where her job was a fly fishing instructor....
She was the only unranked player to ever reach the semi finals. This was the 2nd semi final match which Allison won and then Allison played Jennifer Chen in the final match right after this match...
Amy was tall, maybe 6 feet, slim and very friendly...No one seems to know what happen to her or where she is today....

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
She was the only unranked player to ever reach the semi finals.

Amy may have been the first unseeded player to reach a televised semifinal, but was not the first unseeded player to get to a semifinal on the WPBA Classic Tour. Two years earlier, at the 1996 St. Croix Press Twin Cities Classic, unseeded Kelly Oyama won the whole event.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amy may have been the first unseeded player to reach a televised semifinal, but was not the first unseeded player to get to a semifinal on the WPBA Classic Tour. Two years earlier, at the 1996 St. Croix Press Twin Cities Classic, unseeded Kelly Oyama won the whole event.

How did that happen?

troi

more lucky than good...
Silver Member
also..

not sure if this was mentioned but Amy Paul won WPBA rookie of the year that year. i was wondering what ever happened to her as well...

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there at the time when she played for ESPN match in san Diego.Before and after that tournament she was unknown in the pro circuit just like that kennedy dude who won the US open.yeah,yeah don`t get rattled I know that kennedy won the florida tour points.
It is funny that some body brought up Amy paul.A week ago a friend of mine had business meeting with Paul Brienza in my neighborhood.I told my friend to find out from doc brienza about Amy. after the meeting my firend did not tell me anything about Amy and I forgot to ask my friend about what doc brienza told about Amy Paul.

Last edited: