If you had a choice to play a world champion, who woulld it be?

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you could play any champion pool player in the world, who would you play? You could match up so you would not have to play the champion even!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB and I would make sure he kept his hearing aid turned up so he didnt have an unfair advantage:cool::thumbup::grin::p

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Earl he would be the most entertainment after I win..........OTB

Soulweb

One-Ball Champ
Silver Member
Chuck Liddell - He might be able to beat the pants off of most MMA fighters, but against him on the pool table I might have a chance. ...or did you mean Billiards World Champions? :D

Efren for sure. He just looks like a super fun guy. I bet I might even get a turn once in a while too.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played lots of them heads up and its pretty much all the same, you watch rack watch some more and rack again.

I played Bartrum once and I was down 8-0 before I saw the edge of a ball, all I did for 8 games was rack and kick a couple times.

I have only played Ja 3 times, the last time we played he was playing PERFECT pool, I won one game in 45-50 minutes that we played, the only win for me was from a 1-9 combo on his only dry break, Again I never shot that day. He ran 5 and out on me and missed a ball and pulled up. He played (I wont say who the next day and hit him with a 3 and then a 6 pack to win 9-2) the day after he wasnt playing like that and got beat, I have never seen him play better than those 2 days in 25 years, so yeah it was cool to actually play against something like that. I doubt I'll ever play against that again from anyone. I mite have shot 4 times in 45-50 minutes, never a open ball, except the 1-9 i won a game with and that was a tough shot by any standard.

To the OP with weight I'd like to play Efren, he offered me the 6, God I wish I played good enuff to play him with the 6, yeah he is my pick to play.

I have tried to play SVB to many times but we cant seem to match up, he respects me and I fear him so we cant ever agree on a game. He and I are friends too but I would play him for $1000/set, nothing more. I doubt we ever play.

Oh yeah one last story, I played JB banks, now there is a dandy of a game, If I made a ball i felt like i won. I did actually get to 3 once playing him. and I could tell he wasnt trying.

Its amazing how far out of reach these guys are, yet i can beat other people as bad as the champions beat me, thats something I have a hard time wraping my brain around.

erfen is who I want to play, but I need more than the 6. LOl

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't give them much

If you could play any champion pool player in the world, who would you play? You could match up so you would not have to play the champion even!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

I'd like to play a few of the champions, wouldn't much matter who. I'd give them the eight or the last two, not more than that. I mean what sounds better, "Shane was giving me the orange crush and beat me like a rented mule!" or "Shane did win but I was having to give him the last two." The net result would be exactly the same, I might as well give them the spot and have a story that sounds a lot better. :thumbup:

Honestly I'd play them even. Can't gain any pride taking a spot and pride would be my only reason for playing.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Lock, I hope you don't mind if I choose three.

Harold Worst
Walter Lindrum
Alfredo De Oro

regards
double hemlock

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lock, I hope you don't mind if I choose three.

Harold Worst
Walter Lindrum
Alfredo De Oro

regards
double hemlock

I agree -- for me, it'd be Harold Worst. (The OP didn't specify "champion that was still alive.")

For me, Harold was the Bobby Fisher of pool -- was with us way too short, but when he was, he was a white-hot star. There was noone who could beat him -- and that included 3-cushion players (not just pool players), because Harold won a 3-cushion championship as well.

-Sean

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Tough pick, but the first one to pop into my head was Alex Pagulayan. I figure that if I wasn't being mesmerized by him beating my brains in I would be laughing, or at least smiling a lot. I consider him to be the most entertaining and engaging person in pool today. He just draws ppl in and if you aren't paying attention he'll get it.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Darren Appleton and I would play him dead even!! No satisfaction if I won with a spot. I was taught never to give or get weight. Play a man on the square. Its the only way to win :cool:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hippy JImmy!

Jimmy Reid! We grew up in the same small town, Gloucester Mass. Learned to play pool in the same old pool hall, Nick's. It would be a honor to meet him and I could care less about how either of us played pool!!