Real King Cobra - Give Credit Where Credit is Due

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I drove down to take a lesson from Stan Shuffett today. I had been there a couple of months ago, Stan has a 9' Diamond and also a 10'er. Not sure if it is a Diamond or not. The last time I was there, the 9' had a couple of very small issues.

I showed up this morning and after hitting a couple of balls, I could immediately tell a difference. I later asked Stan and he said RKC had been there, put on new felt and "tuned" the table. I have to tell you, if there is such a thing as a table playing perfect, Stan's is now it. Not only that, RKC had buffed the wood and installed some carpet in the pockets to deaden the sound.

RKC may be a bit of an arrogant ***** but to be fair, WOW! It's not like most people wouldn't have killed to have Stan's table before. I would have bet big money there's no way it could have been improved that much.

In the one recent thread where RKC got into with the guy whose rails he took and hadn't sent back, I said I'd never allow him in my house. I have to take that statement back. If he were in my area and let me know, I'd have him over in a heartbeat. I have to say I still think he acted like a ***** on that thread. However, he truly is a magician at his trade craft. Just wanted to be fair and give credit where credit is due.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
If/when I get my 10-foot Brunswick Kling with the original ball return I want noone else to set it up/tune it/completely rebuild it. I would fly the guy up here, pay his hotel and give him a daily per diem for food and the like AND pay him whatever his going rate is and a premium just to come up to Fort McMurray to do it.

I am not sure how arrogant it is to be the best in the world and let people know it. I mean... he really IS the best in the whole world at what he does. He is to table mechanics what SVB is to 10-ball players.

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He can be a bit of a soup Nazi, but he knows his shiznit.
He has also provided a ton of free help for people here on az.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
He can be a bit of a soup Nazi, but he knows his shiznit.
He has also provided a ton of free help for people here on az.

I agree. He's helped me out with table via PM several times. I joke around about him being a furniture installer, but he is one of the best table mechanics out there...maybe the best. Johnnyt

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he knows so much about pool tables, then what the fuuk is he doing putting felt on them?

Real pool players require cloth that is specific to pool tables.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I'd love to have him fine tune my Diamond. From what I hear, he's the best Diamond mechanic out there! I just probably could not afford him!

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
He's really not too expensive. If you have a serious issue with your table, get him if you can.

Vyc

╭∩╮(︶︿&#650
Silver Member
RKC - The Real Deal

You can read all the negative you want about RKC. But until you meet the man in person...you don't know $$$$ about him.

When it comes to pool tables...there is no other AUTHORITY in the subject matter.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I concur, MOJOE,

RKC is not terribly expensive, considering that he either equal in cost to local talent, or only charges a bit more, even though he might be travelling from out of state, the price is not bad at all..

And if you need a Red Diamond table converted to play like a Blue Diamond? He is at the VERY least going to do equal work to the best in your geographic area, and in general, since he has worked with Diamond Billiards from the beginning, he will have little insights that are unavailable to local talent.

I spoke with RKC on the phone for about an hour about two weeks ago, and I believe that he has some real deal stuff in the works. I believe he is an innovator when it comes to table maintenance and installation. I believe he has maintained the right contacts within the industry to pull off what he is attempting, and if he nails it, things just might turn around on the bigger pool scene.

RKC loves pool, and specifically, he is a type-A personality when it comes to doing things right when setting up/repairing/adjusting a table. That's the sort of person you want setting up your table... And if it costs 10% more... AND the guy is coming from two states over, fitting you into his schedule? Totally worth it, in my book.

Hell, he will even walk you through the process of breaking down your Diamond, putting it on a cart, putting it back together, placing it, and will then walk you through how to LEVEL it, if he can't get to you right away...

How many other table mechanics do you know who will do that?

Russ

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I just want to thank everyone that does support my efforts to make pool tables play better, and though I'm not as easy to work with at times, it's not from any lack of effort I can assure you of that. Sometimes I just get so overwelmed with obligations that I just can't keep up, which comes from trying to help to many people all at the same time, which is one of my negitives, as it has a tendency to overrun me, but never-the-less...I've never been guilty of not giving my best on every table I do get the chance to work on, and it has nothing to do with how long the job takes, or how much the job is paying. Stan's table was a thorn in my side until I could dial it in correctly based on how Stan wanted the table to play...damn 14.1 straight pool anyway:grin:

Glen

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I wish I had a RKC'ed table. BTW Glen, a lot of us appreciate your input here. You've helped me more than once with your advice. So thanks a ton and have a great weekend!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to thank everyone that does support my efforts to make pool tables play better, and though I'm not as easy to work with at times, it's not from any lack of effort I can assure you of that. Sometimes I just get so overwelmed with obligations that I just can't keep up, which comes from trying to help to many people all at the same time, which is one of my negitives, as it has a tendency to overrun me, but never-the-less...I've never been guilty of not giving my best on every table I do get the chance to work on, and it has nothing to do with how long the job takes, or how much the job is paying. Stan's table was a thorn in my side until I could dial it in correctly based on how Stan wanted the table to play...damn 14.1 straight pool anyway:grin:

Glen

Many thanks, Glen! My table is perfect. I must say that it is a joy to see the passion that you put into your work....
Stan Shuffett

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I had a RKC'ed table. BTW Glen, a lot of us appreciate your input here. You've helped me more than once with your advice. So thanks a ton and have a great weekend!

One of the things I admire about Glen is that is anyone asks a question relevant to pool tables, Glen usually responds with some good information. He's always ready to share his vast knowledge. My hat's off to you Glen...

rich337

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can read all the negative you want about RKC. But until you meet the man in person...you don't know $$$$ about him.

When it comes to pool tables...there is no other AUTHORITY in the subject matter.

I agree he tuned my GC and it plays perfect and he is a very nice guy would have him over anytime

00john

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I drove down to take a lesson from Stan Shuffett today. I had been there a couple of months ago, Stan has a 9' Diamond and also a 10'er. Not sure if it is a Diamond or not. The last time I was there, the 9' had a couple of very small issues.

I showed up this morning and after hitting a couple of balls, I could immediately tell a difference. I later asked Stan and he said RKC had been there, put on new felt and "tuned" the table. I have to tell you, if there is such a thing as a table playing perfect, Stan's is now it. Not only that, RKC had buffed the wood and installed some carpet in the pockets to deaden the sound.

RKC may be a bit of an arrogant ***** but to be fair, WOW! It's not like most people wouldn't have killed to have Stan's table before. I would have bet big money there's no way it could have been improved that much.

In the one recent thread where RKC got into with the guy whose rails he took and hadn't sent back, I said I'd never allow him in my house. I have to take that statement back. If he were in my area and let me know, I'd have him over in a heartbeat. I have to say I still think he acted like a ***** on that thread. However, he truly is a magician at his trade craft. Just wanted to be fair and give credit where credit is due.
would you send him your rails?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
would you send him your rails?

Digging a little deep I see, problem for is, I don't take rails mailed to me, so if you want to see for yourself that kind of work I do, go to my facebook page, Glen Hancock....THATS the level of my master table mechanic work, and Randy is no where near that level!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
It's almost December .
Cobras don't like it where it's too cold.
Time to head west where 50* is cold.
Glen needs an apprentice badly that will cover SoCal someday.

Last edited: