Who Owns, or has Owned, a 130 Series OB Cue?

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Considering a purchase of the OB134 or 136, either of which would come with an OB2+ shaft. I already have a couple of OB2+ shafts so I know how they hit. These cues advertise some technology in straightness and balance. Be nice to hear a few member reviews of any of the 130 series OB Cues.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
Both cues play great and look beautiful. I almost purchased one of these cues myself and although I don't own one at the moment, I have had a chance to play with them for a few days. They are very well balanced, have a great hit, and great consistency. I personally enjoyed the OB136 a bit more. Best of luck on finding your magical cue.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both cues play great and look beautiful. I almost purchased one of these cues myself and although I don't own one at the moment, I have had a chance to play with them for a few days. They are very well balanced, have a great hit, and great consistency. I personally enjoyed the OB136 a bit more. Best of luck on finding your magical cue.

Thanks for the feedback. I wish there was a magical cue to be found. I do like ob products and was wondering about these player cues.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
Have you tried out any Pechauer cues? They are amazing cues that are kind of a in between custom and production. I ended up buying one of these over the OB models because they had a stiffer hit and were a little bit cheaper as well. Just a thought. OB is a great brand and I have nothing against them. Pechauer just fit my personal preferences a bit better. With all the choices out there today its hard to make up your mind. If you have a billiards store near by or know a bar that does league night, you might want to go check them out and try out as much stuff as possible. That is what I did and it definitely helps.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not tried a Pechauer. I do think there are tons of good cues out there, just a matter of personal preference. Aside from weight and balance, I believe the playability of a cue is 90%+ in the tip and shaft. Regardless, it's still the Indian, not the arrow. I just like nice wood.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I prefer a wrapless cue so I've got the OB121. Even though among the least expensive cues OB sells, the fit and finish are perfect. (I also prefer a no-frills look to my cue so the 121 works fine).

I've tried the OB1, OB2 and OBClassic shafts. The OB2 is my perfect shaft (w/ UltraSkin Soft tip). At some point I might get an OB2+ but I don't really feel any burning desire to have one.

Good luck with your new cue.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I've had the 132 and loved it got a great offer so sold it too a buddy I play full time with the ob 121. I love the way it feels in hand balance is perfect for me the 132 was same way. I'm thinking of getting the ob 136 soon as well I don't think u can go wrong with ob. I haven't had chance too try new shaft but I hear nothing but great things. I've had all kinds of cues and always go back too ob. Hope u find what ur looking for if u do get a 136 post pics on here I really wanna see real pics of one. :thumbup:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine was in Vegas for APA recently and saw the 136 in person. He said the pictures on the OB website don't come close to doing it justice.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you tried out any Pechauer cues? They are amazing cues that are kind of a in between custom and production.

I love my Pechauer cues.
Real good stuff right there.
And you can get some awesome shafts with them too.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine was in Vegas for APA recently and saw the 136 in person. He said the pictures on the OB website don't come close to doing it justice.

I agree.
They need better lighting on the website pictures.
They look boring on the web in comparison.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I just the OB136 in person when I went to the billiards store on Monday. All I have to say it is more of a piece of art than anything else.

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member

U guys are maken me want it more now lol I haven't been able too find any pictures. How do u like the new shaft compared too old?

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
U guys are maken me want it more now lol I haven't been able too find any pictures. How do u like the new shaft compared too old?

I tell you what. I am going into the billiards store on Monday and if it is still in stock I will take a ton a pictures and post them on here.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I just the OB136 in person when I went to the billiards store on Monday. All I have to say it is more of a piece of art than anything else.

I believe you are mistaken on this one. We have not shipped any OB-136 cues out yet (they start shipping in the next 2 weeks). So the cue that you saw at a Billiards store would not have been an OB-136.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you are mistaken on this one. We have not shipped any OB-136 cues out yet (they start shipping in the next 2 weeks). So the cue that you saw at a Billiards store would not have been an OB-136.

I did see the 136 in person at the BCA show and it looks great. Points and inlays you could see on any top custom, they would not look out of place on a Black Boar and that was a very early example.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
I did see the 136 in person at the BCA show and it looks great. Points and inlays you could see on any top custom, they would not look out of place on a Black Boar and that was a very early example.

hang-the-9,

Yes you did :) I remember you, it was nice to meet you and your son.

We did show the OB-136 at the BCA Summit in Louisville and again at the APA NTC at the Riv in August. We are really happy with how the OB-136 turned out and they will start hitting the streets shortly. Thanks for the Black Boar compliment, I am not going to disagree with you.