How About Those Bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A less volatile subject? The Bears seem weak from center to edge. And Cutler seems to throw ghost balls to his receivers. I think if he'd just pivot objectively, he'd throw less interceptions.

Discuss.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I think the Bears Football Joke that I have hereby deleted was better... but I'm not sure it would have been well received by all.

Best Wishes,
Rick

Last edited:

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I went to play some American Rotation matches today and come back to a closed thread.

Colin - your analysis of 1 stroke has certainly not silenced me as you implied in your earlier post. If my hand moved so be it, likely something I need to work on - did you find the same behaviour every time or just that one time?

It truly is laughable with the amount of time people spend trying to discredit CTE/Pro One and Stan. IMO the system is the best I have come across in 20 years playing this game that we all love so much. It isn't for everyone but I know 100% that it works very well but you need to put in the effort - most do not do that.

Manual CTE works - here is a short clip with some shots I took after seeing the thread was closed. Not sure if my bridge moved but I am sure someone will spend the time analyzing the video rather than trying the shots :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub31XS-bWbI&feature=youtu.be

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I went to play some American Rotation matches today and come back to a closed thread.

Colin - your analysis of 1 stroke has certainly not silenced me as you implied in your earlier post. If my hand moved so be it, likely something I need to work on - did you find the same behaviour every time or just that one time?

It truly is laughable with the amount of time people spend trying to discredit CTE/Pro One and Stan. IMO the system is the best I have come across in 20 years playing this game that we all love so much. It isn't for everyone but I know 100% that it works very well but you need to put in the effort - most do not do that.

Manual CTE works - here is a short clip with some shots I took after seeing the thread was closed. Not sure if my bridge moved but I am sure someone will spend the time analyzing the video rather than trying the shots :)

FWIW Gerry, I've played those shots you demonstrate so well, many many times. I cannot make them consistently unless I make intuitive adjustments.

I've got no desire to discredit anyone or the system, just to make sense of it, nor do I want to discourage anyone from using it.

I guess I'll have to accept being 'laughable' for spending some time analyzing the system and replying to questions, criticisms, accusations etc.

To answer your question, in the previous video I didn't notice any bridge movement during the pivot in the other 2 shots. In the one you just posted, a little bridge movement seems to occur during the pivot in a couple of them.

Whether this is a fault or part of what makes the system work I cannot be sure.

This will be the end of the discussion from me for a while. I know such questioning / analysis annoys some people. Anyone can message me if they have sincere and good willed suggestions or questions.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member

Yep, that video proves it.....CTE is the best........for you.

Nothing impressive about making those shots. Don't see what the big deal is.

Say someone post a video doing those same shots using some other aiming method. What's it prove?

It would prove that spending time.....also known as practice is more important than the system used.

There is nothing special about any of the aiming methods. None is better than another because it's practice that's the key to improving.

In my opinion, CTE sucks. My goal is to keep as many from using it as possible.

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree - nothing special about those shots, the purpose was to show how the manual pivot works, that is all.

If someone makes them using another method then that is great - people do things differently, nothing wrong with this. Find what works for you and go with it.

Your last sentence is nothing new to anyone here - your opinion is well known ;)

Say someone post a video doing those same shots using some other aiming method. What's it prove?

It would prove that spending time.....also known as practice is more important than the system used.

There is nothing special about any of the aiming methods. None is better than another because it's practice that's the key to improving.

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Nevermind...I'm just trying to get a better understanding of how & why CTE works & any questions in this thread will only be seen & considered as an attempt to discredit CTE/Pro1 & Stan & anyone that participates in this thread other than those that understand CTE will be considered detractors & haters.

I guess I'll peek in from time to time to see just how many detractors & haters there are.

Predisposition is a two way street & rarely is a good thing. I'd rather be on the cross street of an open mind until convinced one way or the other.

Last edited:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know aswel as me Rick you won't just peep in. You will no doubt clock up another few hundred posts in this thread alone, regurgitating the same old stuff you did in the closed thread, being as pedantic as you possibly can.

Have you spent any length of time with just this system? I'm going to hazard a guess at no, no you haven't. My advice would be to stop all the pedantic nitpicking under the guise of trying to be inquisitive. Either leave what you don't know alone, or try the system. You might like it. I'm by no means a cte fan, but some people need to just try it instead of trying to understand it through threads on here.

When Stan says 5 shots can be made with the same visuals...instead of getting in a panic and spilling your coffee all over the keyboard because you can't wait to type away saying how is this possible, Stan! Einstein and Pythagoras would be turning in their graves, blah blah blah...learn the system, set the shots up, and see if you make all 5.

Yourself and Colin did an excellent job at closing the other thread down.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know aswel as me Rick you won't just peep in. You will no doubt clock up another few hundred posts in this thread alone, regurgitating the same old stuff you did in the closed thread, being as pedantic as you possibly can.

Have you spent any length of time with just this system? I'm going to hazard a guess at no, no you haven't. My advice would be to stop all the pedantic nitpicking under the guise of trying to be inquisitive. Either leave what you don't know alone, or try the system. You might like it. I'm by no means a cte fan, but some people need to just try it instead of trying to understand it through threads on here.

When Stan says 5 shots can be made with the same visuals...instead of getting in a panic and spilling your coffee all over the keyboard because you can't wait to type away saying how is this possible, Stan! Einstein and Pythagoras would be turning in their graves, blah blah blah...learn the system, set the shots up, and see if you make all 5.

Wow, it's just not me. Give it some time, he'll most certainly be banned again.

I've just read through the last half dozen or so pages of that thread and that's not how i saw it.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read through the entire thread, and that's exactly how I saw it. You have the likes of Rick winding cte'ers up, the cte'ers taking offence and arguing back. Then you have duckie and 8 pack who just go about their daily business of winding Nob up. Nob reacts. Then you have Colin rambling on about pivots to Gerry and Stan, Stan gets offended, Gerry posts a vid. Neil comes and goes with his no frills posting, Sean starts talking about math and CTE. All we were missing was Barton! I'm sure he was there shouting at his monitor because his alias couldn't write what he really wanted to for fear of getting caught out.

It was the typical CTE thread.

The majority of posts in cte threads come from those who haven't used it for any length of time. If they had, they would realize little things like making 5 shots with 1 visual and tour bridge hand moving a few mm doesn't matter, the ball goes in the hole and you move onto the next shot. Do I know why 1 legs follows the other? Not in depth, but I walk all the same.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read through the entire thread, and that's exactly how I saw it. You have the likes of Rick winding cte'ers up, the cte'ers taking offence and arguing back. Then you have duckie and 8 pack who just go about their daily business of winding Nob up. Nob reacts. Then you have Colin rambling on about pivots to Gerry and Stan, Stan gets offended, Gerry posts a vid. Neil comes and goes with his no frills posting, Sean starts talking about math and CTE. All we were missing was Barton! I'm sure he was there shouting at his monitor because his alias couldn't write what he really wanted to for fear of getting caught out.

The majority of posts in cte threads come from those who haven't used it for any length of time. If they had, they would realize little things like making 5 shots with 1 visual and tour bridge hand moving a few mm doesn't matter, the ball goes in the hole and you move onto the next shot. Do I know why 1 legs follows the other? Not in depth, but I walk all the same.

Fairly accurate! Lol I rarely, if ever, bother responding to duckie 's nonsensical ramblings. Most of the posts are made by people who have absolutely no clue how CTE works so they couldn't have used it for any length of time. I'm sure English would try to argue quantum physics with Hawking. He'd preface his post with "I'm no physics professor, however, I did watch my brother do his high school physics home work one time".

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Couldn't rep you, thanks for the chuckle!:thumbup:

Timothy Rose

Silver Member

The bolded line above should read like this >>When Stan says 5 shots can be made with the same pro1 alignment ... im just saying lol

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

Great video Gerry. And for those of you squabbling about how easy those shots are, you completely miss the point. How about these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZJbOQxTXA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8dQGTj5YjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0gYC8Lxv_0

Does demonstrations of tougher shots make a difference to you? The system works, it is accurate and it only takes some practice at the table to understand that it does indeed work exactly as described. All the technical discussions about HOW it works is fine and dandy, but not necessary to practice and use it.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great video Gerry. And for those of you squabbling about how easy those shots are, you completely miss the point. How about these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZJbOQxTXA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8dQGTj5YjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0gYC8Lxv_0

Does demonstrations of tougher shots make a difference to you? The system works, it is accurate and it only takes some practice at the table to understand that it does indeed work exactly as described. All the technical discussions about HOW it works is fine and dandy, but not necessary to practice and use it.

I saw Gerry move his head about 1/2" a time or two. I'm calling foul, he's clearly subconsciously tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.