Anybody else had Cyclop balls crack?

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Got a new set of Cyclop TV balls about 3-4 months ago and the 15-ball has developed a crack through about half of it. It hasn't broken in half (yet) but you can feel the crack with your finger. Anybody else seen this with these balls? The weird thing is we use this set for 1P and 9-ball so the 15-ball isn't getting slammed around during breaks like you'd have in 8-ball.

I'm going to contact Diamond next week about the warranty but I'm curious about others experiences.

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Post a close up picture if you could please

Not only has the 15 ball cracked, the cue ball is no longer usable as it has a severe roll off. Shooting slowly across a 9 foot table, the cue ball rolls off about 1 full ball width and it's quite visible. Had 2 local pro's check it out to make sure I wasn't crazy and they said send that sh*t back to Diamond.

JfMZT4B.jpg

QNhmJj0.jpg

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a shame it wasn't the 6 or 7 that cracked.... then you may have been able to tell them apart.:D

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm? There seems to be serious quality controll issues with Cyclop billiard balls...
I would love to have a representative from Cyclop or Diamond explain to us what the hell is going on?

Last edited:

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cyclop balls

Anybody that has any Cyclop balls that are damaged, chipped, broken, or otherwise wise compromised, please send it to my office.

I don't know when I will be back in the office since I am still recuperating from my lung transplant. The earliest I will be back is early May. With luck maybe a little earlier - with issues, it could easily be an additional 30-60 days.

We have never seen any damaged ball, but the cracked picture is pretty compelling. But can't address the problem from a picture. We will immediately replace and return to the sender at no charge. We will get them sent to the proper place/person to address the problem.

If a cue ball has an obvious flaw - send it. If it is a small roll off when the ball is almost stopped, there are too many variables, such as chalk or dirt, cloth pulled improperly, or other things.

I'm not going to get into debates. I am collecting data so we can deal with facts and try to ascertain if there is an issue, and how to correct the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.
Send to: CSI. (Attn Balls)
2041 Pabco Road
Henderson, Nevada. 89011

Mark Griffin

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Anybody that has any Cyclop balls that are damaged, chipped, broken, or otherwise wise compromised, please send it to my office.

I don't know when I will be back in the office since I am still recuperating from my lung transplant. The earliest I will be back is early May. With luck maybe a little earlier - with issues, it could easily be an additional 30-60 days.

We have never seen any damaged ball, but the cracked picture is pretty compelling. But can't address the problem from a picture. We will immediately replace and return to the sender at no charge. We will get them sent to the proper place/person to address the problem.

If a cue ball has an obvious flaw - send it. If it is a small roll off when the ball is almost stopped, there are too many variables, such as chalk or dirt, cloth pulled improperly, or other things.

I'm not going to get into debates. I am collecting data so we can deal with facts and try to ascertain if there is an issue, and how to correct the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.
Send to: CSI. (Attn Balls)
2041 Pabco Road
Henderson, Nevada. 89011

Mark Griffin

Hi Mark,

Firstly, Best Wishes in your recovery. I said prayers for you & will again.

As to the roll of issue, how about leveling a glass table & giving the ball a gentle push?

Get Well Soon,
Rick

PS Another method that works for golf balls but may not for pool balls due to the extra weight is an epsom salt & water solution enough to get the ball to float. I gentle touch & if it returns to same orientation then there's an issue.

Last edited:

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I operate a14 table pool hall. In March 2015 Cyclop came with my new Diamonds. After two years a few eyeball cue balls started cracking so I replace with Cyclop red dots at my expense. After three years eight of the 1-balls and one 2-ball have cracked at the numbers with one chipped so bad I had to use a new one from a spare set to replace it..

I’ve been waiting three months for replacements from Diamond and Seyberts does not sell individual Cyclop balls. Do not use Cyclop and refuse them from Diamond insisting on a discount and buy Aramiths.
F9C1078C-E2CF-4BE9-A144-27BE20953F44.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I operate a14 table pool hall. In March 2015 Cyclop came with my new Diamonds. After two years a few eyeball cue balls started cracking so I replace with Cyclop red dots at my expense. After three years eight of the 1-balls and one 2-ball have cracked at the numbers with one chipped so bad I had to use a new one from a spare set to replace it..

I’ve been waiting three months for replacements from Diamond and Seyberts does not sell individual Cyclop balls. Do not use Cyclop and refuse them from Diamond insisting on a discount and buy Aramiths.
View attachment 496933

Interesting since the one ball is often the one in the front of the pack on the break shot. Looks like a design flaw.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Interesting since the one ball is often the one in the front of the pack on the break shot. Looks like a design flaw.
Design flaw and quality control. For me the cracking cue balls were the first sign of a problem. Cracking 1-balls were the second sign. Not standing behind their product the third.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 3
That is a damn shame.

If the spot on that table is any indication of the way things are in your room...maybe you need to tell your people to stop hitting your balls so hard. It is hurting them. Hurtin them bad.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been playing 40yrs and have NEVER seen balls break/crack/split like that. I have major respect for Diamond, their tables and support of the game but these balls are kinda sketchy. Aramith balls are so much better its a joke.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been playing 40yrs and have NEVER seen balls break/crack/split like that. I have major respect for Diamond, their tables and support of the game but these balls are kinda sketchy. Aramith balls are so much better its a joke.

Idunno, gar, I haven't seen other examples of that and I and many others around have the sets.

I'd repeat what griff said: cant tell anything from a picture.

It does bother me that unlike griff, diamond/ cyclop do not seem interested in seizing this opportunity to treat a customer right and to defend or improve the product.

Our balls are kinda important to us

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Our pool hall has Cyclop balls, and a few of the 1-balls started cracking. They did get them replaced tho.... (I dunno by whom)

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

More of a joke is tournament use!

Kd

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i have two sets and no problem, love the balls. but if one cracked early on i would expect to get a whole new set and then return the old one.

a set of balls is balanced and i dont want just a replacement ball. if its their fault let them replace the set. if its an older set then yes get one new ball and an apology.

they should overnight you at least a new ball for good intentions and advertising.

or give you the name of the nearest dealer and have you go take a ball from one of his sets and let him replace it.

why on earth should you be with a partial set for a couple months while they try to determine whats wrong.

they have built up a good reputation and are ruining it real quickly with just this.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion about pool ball brands is widely known around these parts so I'll avoid
expressing it again. Instead, I just want to compliment Mark Gregory for his gesture
& extend my best wishes for his speedy recovery. Anyway, a cracked ball is always bad.

Matt B,

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion about pool ball brands is widely known around these parts so I'll avoid
expressing it again. Instead, I just want to compliment Mark Gregory for his gesture
& extend my best wishes for his speedy recovery. Anyway, a cracked ball is always bad.

Matt B,

Matt,

Mark’s post was from 2015. From observation (opening his new pool hall “Griffs”, to hosting several tourneys) I’d say he has had a miraculous recovery!

Pocket

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I tried to resolve this without going social media. Diamond said they are waiting for replacement 1-balls from their supplier (They hold my credit card information until they receive the cracked balls). Mark Griffin even says to ship the cracked balls to CSI before replacement. In the mean time what do I use?

Last edited: