Would like my Gilbert shafts tapered like my Mottey

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
My 2 Gilbert shafts have a fast taper, 13 mm on both, and it's too fat for my hands. My Mottey shafts are perfect however, the taper is amazing and fits my hand exactly.

How does one go about getting the 2 thicker shafts tapered to be the same as one of the Mottey shafts?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
My 2 Gilbert shafts have a fast taper, 13 mm on both, and it's too fat for my hands. My Mottey shafts are perfect however, the taper is amazing and fits my hand exactly.

How does one go about getting the 2 thicker shafts tapered to be the same as one of the Mottey shafts?

Send the Mottey shaft along with the Gilbert's back to Andy himself and have him match the taper.... If for any reason you don't want to send them back to Andy, call Keith Josey in Savanah Ga... (912)356-1816...and do the same.... Either way the shafts will come back perfect.

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Send the Mottey shaft along with the Gilbert's back to Andy himself and have him match the taper.... If for any reason you don't want to send them back to Andy, call Keith Josey in Savanah Ga... (912)356-1816...and do the same.... Either way the shafts will come back perfect.

Thanks, I emailed Andy a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard back yet.

So it's probably not easy just to measure the Mottey shaft taper myself and send that measurement with the Gilbert shafts to Andy? I was wondering if tapers are easily measured or not.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Thanks, I emailed Andy a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard back yet.

So it's probably not easy just to measure the Mottey shaft taper myself and send that measurement with the Gilbert shafts to Andy? I was wondering if tapers are easily measured or not.

It is easier to match it up with the tapering setup in person. Either way, you're sending the shaft to match with to have it done correctly.