What are your Life's Main Philosophies?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The forums here have a lot of different people from different backgrounds, countries and customs. I think it would be interesting conversation starters for people to post up what their main pieces of wisdom that they continually fall back on. Keep it positive please.

I learned mine at work and they are:

People will eventually show you who they really are. When they do....believe them.
and
The hardest person that you will have to work to get past is...yourself.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When deciding on whether or not to fight a guy, dont worry about the scars on his face, worry about the scars on his fists.....

Its best to go through life knowing the true difference between jelly and jam.....

He was a cowboy damn it, and he loved the earth. So one day he made a woman out of dirt, and he loved that woman so much that he married her. One day a storm came and destroyed his dirt wife. At the funeral, when the preacher said "Ashes to ashes, and dust to dust....." some people laughed. The cowboy killed them. At his hanging, he said, "I'll be waiting for the rest of you in heaven........ with a gun......."

Cognitive distortions are rampant in this world....

Money won, is twice as sweet as money earned.....

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live fast, love hard, die young.

Reality check. I'm already a geezer, so how's that working out?

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
My Grandfather, Obadiah Steamer, gave me these pearls of wisdom many, many, years ago: "Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see." "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king." And, "A woman is a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke."
I have held fast to these tenants, lo these many years. Maybe they're part of the reason I don't date much. :smile:

Jerry Forsyth

This will eventually get moved to NPR, but while it is here:

My philosophy of life is very simple. I live in America and therefor consider myself a free man.

I live my life intent on not causing harm or fear of harm to any other person. As long as I meet that requirement I am free to do whatever I wish. I pay zero attention to most laws. For crying out loud it is illegal in most of the south to have oral sex with your wife, so I have no respect for the silly folks who pass such laws. I obey speed laws when in traffic or on dangerous roads, but otherwise I drive at a speed that is reasonable and prudent for the conditions I am in.

What I do in the privacy of my own home is not any business of society. My home is my castle and if anyone comes barging through my door yelling "police" they will be met with 11 rounds of 12 gauge hell. Home invaders know how to dress and yell like cops, so I would take no chances with the safety of my wife.

I am not religious. I have no time for ghosts, spirits, demons, angels or devils. My obligation in life is to my fellow man and I will lift up anyone who falls before me. My moral code is based on the Golden Rule. (Just because I do not believe does not mean I do not respect and obey the rules that religious texts spell out for how humans are to interact. If I could get my religious friends to do the same the world would be better for it.)

I am not so egotistical as to think there is an afterlife. I see no reason that the universe would wish to host me more than once. And I think it takes a pretty over-sized ego to believe that you are valuable enough to live again or forever. Therefor, the year after my death holds no more concern for me than the year before my birth did.

Mr Rucas

Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.

Never piss in the wind

Never trust a man with two first names

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Never trust a man with two first names

Odd you should mention this. When I was a youngster there was a young lady in my class at school named Noel Noel. Her brother's name was Leon Noel. That's a lot of Leons and Noels when you spell them forwards and backwards, I can tell you. :smile:

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
“Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom's. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.”
Nelson Algren, A Walk on the Wild Side

"To thine own self be true."
Shakespeare, Hamlet

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• billiards.jpg
    billiards.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 378

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Hah!....not going for this one.
I knew a guy who thought he was God's gift to women....
....he couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a fistful of weekend passes.

Pt, we've been friends for a long time, but I thought we agreed that we weren't going to talk about that. :smile:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
This will eventually get moved to NPR, but while it is here:

My philosophy of life is very simple. I live in America and therefor consider myself a free man.

I live my life intent on not causing harm or fear of harm to any other person. As long as I meet that requirement I am free to do whatever I wish. I pay zero attention to most laws. For crying out loud it is illegal in most of the south to have oral sex with your wife, so I have no respect for the silly folks who pass such laws. I obey speed laws when in traffic or on dangerous roads, but otherwise I drive at a speed that is reasonable and prudent for the conditions I am in.

What I do in the privacy of my own home is not any business of society. My home is my castle and if anyone comes barging through my door yelling "police" they will be met with 11 rounds of 12 gauge hell. Home invaders know how to dress and yell like cops, so I would take no chances with the safety of my wife.

I am not religious. I have no time for ghosts, spirits, demons, angels or devils. My obligation in life is to my fellow man and I will lift up anyone who falls before me. My moral code is based on the Golden Rule. (Just because I do not believe does not mean I do not respect and obey the rules that religious texts spell out for how humans are to interact. If I could get my religious friends to do the same the world would be better for it.)

I am not so egotistical as to think there is an afterlife. I see no reason that the universe would wish to host me more than once. And I think it takes a pretty over-sized ego to believe that you are valuable enough to live again or forever. Therefor, the year after my death holds no more concern for me than the year before my birth did.

I now have a better understanding of AZB.

Thanks for being so open & forthcoming.

Mine is one that one can only try to even accomplish or even come close...

"Love One Another as I have Loved You."

And... Do NOT do unto anyone that which you would NOT have them do unto You.

Best Wishes to You & ALL.

There is a HUGE difference between being Spiritual & being 'religious'.

Last edited:

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool. — Richard Feynman ...

It only matters if I care.

Bert

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Sicilian family taught me to always keep my priorities straight.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."