RIP Kobe

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Horrible news. I haven't seen other confirmation yet, I hope it's not true.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
It's been confirmed now by several sources. Horribly tragic. All five people aboard died.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Horrible news. I haven't seen other confirmation yet, I hope it's not true.

Unfortunately, it is. :frown: A life cut tragically short. My sincere prayers to his family.
RIP Mamba.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
" Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, Sunday morning, Yahoo Sports confirmed. His daughter, Gianna, was also on board as was another player and parent en route to a travel basketball game, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported. "

It just got worse .

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Can we take the reporter slip up somewhere else? ...edit it out please, doesn't belong here.

Sent from the future.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been watching it on the news.
So tragic. He was an excellent father as well.
Just so sad on many levels.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
nine people

Currently looks like the pilot and eight passengers. Not confirmed but likely the pilot flew the craft into a mountain in bad weather conditions.

I am mourning nine people equally. Can't say it matters that one was kobe. Bites that at least one child, his thirteen year old daughter, was killed. Perhaps another, there was another basketball player on board and his parent or child was killed, not real clear in the bit I read.

Unless the pilot shouldn't have been flying for some reason, or flying that route, it is just one more air tragedy. They happen, usually nobody's fault. Equipment failure which happens far more than admitted. When in doubt, blame the pilot. Bad information gets pilots in the air when and where they shouldn't be too. And yes, pilot error happens too.

I knew a small aircraft pilot that survived a crash. First the FAA wanted to blame him, then they wanted him to go around telling groups of pilots how he survived the crash. He was the first to survive that type of crash, along with his front seat passenger, so he was the first to be able to fight the automatic "pilot error" claim.

All the deaths are sad. Children bother me most of all so I hope there are no more lives ended when they had barely started.

RIP one and all,
Hu

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Currently looks like the pilot and eight passengers. Not confirmed but likely the pilot flew the craft into a mountain in bad weather conditions.

I am mourning nine people equally. Can't say it matters that one was kobe. Bites that at least one child, his thirteen year old daughter, was killed. Perhaps another, there was another basketball player on board and his parent or child was killed, not real clear in the bit I read.

Unless the pilot shouldn't have been flying for some reason, or flying that route, it is just one more air tragedy. They happen, usually nobody's fault. Equipment failure which happens far more than admitted. When in doubt, blame the pilot. Bad information gets pilots in the air when and where they shouldn't be too. And yes, pilot error happens too.

I knew a small aircraft pilot that survived a crash. First the FAA wanted to blame him, then they wanted him to go around telling groups of pilots how he survived the crash. He was the first to survive that type of crash, along with his front seat passenger, so he was the first to be able to fight the automatic "pilot error" claim.

All the deaths are sad. Children bother me most of all so I hope there are no more lives ended when they had barely started.

RIP one and all,
Hu

I’m about 5 miles from the crash site. I was outside at 9am, there was some fog but not bad. Zero wind. Highly unlikely it was weather related.

Beyond tragic,

RIP Kobe

Fatboy😢