******* Star of David Cue *******

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
The cue you and I have is a DH-3 David Howard by Meucci aka "Star of David".

The cue nick was referencing is another David Howard cue by Meucci. Each is pictured here and it's a DH-4.

I've had all of these cues multiple times so I'm very familiar with them.

Meucci made newer models of two of them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399738482.583255.jpg

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yours is a real Star of David....it is one of my favorite Meuccis of all time. I used to collect Meucci cues long ago, and I have had had many of the Star of David cues. I was a Meucci dealer of many years, although retired now.

This one appears to have had a refinish at some point and time. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the "by Meucci" below the David Howard was lost in that refinish. The butt cap looks slightly rounded below the David Howard (usually done to remove chips in the edge of the butt cap), and the patina seems slightly whiter there, also.

I wouldn't think that would affect the value at all, though. A really nice survivor and these old Meucci cues play great.

The script "Meucci" logo cue is a remake run after 1983. They have built a few limited runs of the cue over the years, with the script logo. The 95-23 is seen more often than the white point remakes. The 95-23 had the reverse colors. Meucci has also had a couple of more recent runs of cues with the old "Meucci Original" logo, but not the Star of David" cue.

While in a lot of cases, the rounded weightbolt head might also help ID, they are easily changed and not absolute. The rounded rubber bumpers and size of the diameter of the hole in the butt sleeve are more indicative of the age than are characteristics that can be changed out .

david_hobutt_zps6d241cc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Joe

Joe,

I purchased a DH 3 from Mike Sigel when he was a Meucci guy. The white butt cap cracked a bit after I purchased the cue. The original rubber bumper was much smaller and fit entirely within the butt plate. Meucci replaced the butt cap and biumper at no charge as Bob agreed the bumper design was faulty. All it took was one bounce of the cue on the ground for the plate to break. The bumper shown in the photo is the replacement design. My memory isn't what it used to be but I'm pretty sure that was the case.

Lyn

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Listed now on eBay...Item picture

Meucci "Star of David" Cue (141339396051)

Obviously still waiting for a new home.

mykd

MykD
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Trade?

If you still have that cue, would you be interested in a trade? I used to own that identical cue, but mine had a red/black linen wrap that looked awesome with the inlays. Paid $200 from a guy who needed cash. Stolen out of my car 6 months later. Funny thing is, the cue I am selling I bought because the colors reminded me of that cue. It's a Jacoby with holly points and a burgundy leather wrap. I paid $715, but would be willing to discuss trade. I've just dropped to $600. It's never been test hit, still new with 2 shafts. Bought it on a whim. Here's the link.http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=374241 I would just want yours for sentimental reasons. It was my first nice cue. And it was a standing joke because I'm Jewish ;)
Let me know your thoughts.
Mike