Scoreboard App

Baba

Registered
Hi all,

I would like to introduce my new pool billiards app "Scoreboard Master". You find it in Apples AppStore for iPad.

It's a score board not only showing the score. It lets you handle your game of straight ball and rotation games with ease.

- Straight pool: No more paper work.
All rules and possibilities are covered with this app. Every time a player ends his inning just choose the current number of balls on the table and the way he left the table, either with foul or safe (miss). All updates will be done for you.

Rotation games and 8-Ball: Easy to display the actual score. Even covers the possibility to run a match in several sets. To change the score just swipe up or down on the actual score number. Set scores are updated automatically by the app.

Match History: Check your past results, enriched with several statistics, at any time. Shows time-at-table, total time, innings, high runs and a lot more for each player.

Defaults: Lets you specify default values for each game (Race-to, sets-to-win). This can be changed individually within each match by touching the 'Race-to" element.

Undo: Correct mistake inputs at any time. Just select the Undo command from the side menu and the last step is rolled back.

Planned features:
- Support for iPhone
- Shot clock
- Server app to control multiple iPads

I hope you find it useful and I would like to hear your feedback.

Thanks a lot!
Regards
Michael

Attachments

• DisciplineSelect.jpg
    DisciplineSelect.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 470
  • StraightBall.PNG
    StraightBall.PNG
    129 KB · Views: 464
  • BallsOnTable.PNG
    BallsOnTable.PNG
    141.5 KB · Views: 466
  • 9BallChangeScore.PNG
    9BallChangeScore.PNG
    104.5 KB · Views: 474
  • HistDel.PNG
    HistDel.PNG
    123.6 KB · Views: 470

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just picked it up, Michael, and will take a walk-through over various games this week and let you know how it goes.

Appreciate the great work and new displays for scoring!

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a little trouble finding it in the App store. You said it's in the iPad app store, i'm using an iPhone. Are they not the same store?

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a little trouble finding it in the App store. You said it's in the iPad app store, i'm using an iPhone. Are they not the same store?

Not necessarily. If it works for both I think it would be listed as universal, if not, for iPad only.

Baba

Registered
As it is currently only for iPad you’ll find it only with an iPad.
The Apple App*Store filters available Apps according to the device entering the store.
That’s the reason you cannot find it with iPhone.

An iPhone version will come soon.

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let us know when the iPhone app comes out. I would think you would sell a lot more with an iPhone app. I don't carry my iPad around with me. I'll try it out at home with my iPad and give you some feedback.

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As it is currently only for iPad you’ll find it only with an iPad.
The Apple App*Store filters available Apps according to the device entering the store.
That’s the reason you cannot find it with iPhone.

An iPhone version will come soon.

Cool, Thanks for the response. I'll check it out when I can use the little screen. I'm already carrying to much stuff into the pool hall.

Does the tablet version record your top three high runs? A straight pool league just started up here in town and it's one of the primary metrics for establishing handicaps. I'll let them know that your app is available.

Baba

Registered
It records all changes, but currently you can only see the top high run. Sorry.
In one of the next versions I gonna implenent a more verbose details page and then you can everything you need.

Thanks
Michael

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve run through a few game scenarios in each of the 4 presets you have and am wondering if you are actually testing the app on an iPad device running the current iOS version 11.2.5 and seeing various anomalies or glitches here and there?

I’m running across a few issues - one major is when you go to History, the app crashes / closes.

When you go to “finish” a game in progress, it continues to show the current game.

Just a few items to look into perhaps.

~ K.

Baba

Registered
Hi ~K,

sorry for the inconvenience you had and thanks for the feedback.
I'm testing the app on 5 real devices, 2 having 11.2.5 installed. Never had any crash.
The app is also used in my club and there also never happend a crash.
Hard to tell what is going on if I can't reproduce it. Could you please uninstall and reinstall the app to see if anything changes?
I will try to work on that. Again sorry!!

Finishing a game always leaves the match visible because when the app is used in league/tournament play the audience wants to see the result even if the game is already finished. So that behaviour is by intention.

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:

Baba

Registered
Hi freedog69,

I will see how I can take that into consideration. It will for sure take some time to implement because I’m not very familiar with one pocket. I gonna check the rules.
Do you have any suggestion how it should work for 1 pocket?

Michael

Last edited:

Baba

Registered
Hi all,

my app has been published in version 2.0.

Now finally supporting iPhone's !

I hope you find it useful and I would really like to hear your feedback.

Next planned features:
- Integrated interactive help system
- Enhanced statistics with e.g. diagrams showing match progress etc.
- Filter and sorting history

Thanks!
Regards
Michael

Attachments

• Scoreboard20.png
    Scoreboard20.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Baba

Registered
New version 2.1.0 released

New version released, v2.1.0 !

Now with some bigger improvements
- Straight pool result sheet
- Straight pool diagrams
- Undo available in each scoreboard via navigation bar item
- Menu with new design

I hope you like it and as always, feedback welcome and highly appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

Attachments

• 6CB89AB1-C3E3-467B-81FA-7458B003A810.png
    6CB89AB1-C3E3-467B-81FA-7458B003A810.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 74
  • C689A4DC-DC1A-49C6-9DCD-EA59B7E2069C.jpg
    C689A4DC-DC1A-49C6-9DCD-EA59B7E2069C.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 649BA56C-4525-420F-B304-99F14C618C3B.jpg
    649BA56C-4525-420F-B304-99F14C618C3B.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 67