14.1 Withdrawls

sausage

Banned
i'm all shaky, sweaty and can't sleep since i sold my pool table. must....... get...... 14.1....... fix....... :crying: to make matters worse, the dude who bought my table loves it. he and his wife are sucking beer and playing pool as i type!. :bash: as allah is my witness, a 9' gold crown will be my only quest once i get to my new florida home. :angel:

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sausage

Will your new dwelling have room for a 9 footer with full cue clearance all the way around? If not, consider an oversize 8. That's what I have been using for 40 years now. When I go to the poolroom and get on a 9 I hardly notice the difference. I would personally choose an 8 with full clearance over a 9 with obstructions.

Best of luck and keep us advised.

Dave Nelson

sausage

Banned
schlosser: if it weren't for the cig smoke, i'd have done that. i can't take it anymore...

dave: yes, my new home in florida will accept a 9' table. with the exception of a computer desk and bed, it will be my only piece of "furniture". however, should i find a nice oversized 8', at a great price, before i find my 9', i will buy it.

oh, and FYI; i had Championship Tournament cloth on my last table and it was much more durable than simonis 860 or 760. when i get my new table, that's the cloth i'm buying...

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
i had Championship Tournament cloth on my last table and it was much more durable than simonis 860
don't tell this in the Mechanics section - they will be dead laughing out. Not to say your selection is poor but they will never believe Championship can besten Simonis.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Poor Sausage

I know how you feel. A few years back, I broke my ankle and I could not play for a few weeks. It drove me crazy. Then six months after that, I broke my right arm and again I could not play for a couple of months.
Whata World, whata World......
I am happy for you that you are moving and getting a new house. I am not sure if Florida has the "No Smoking Law" or not, hopefully they do. Florida is big on pool. I bet there are some real nice rooms there.
When you get all set up, post some photos of your new table and your game room. I am sure that I am speaking for everyone here on the 14.1 Forum that we all here would really like to see it.

sausage

Banned
Vahmurka: i already had a scuffle with the mechanics over this cloth. lol..... you can't tell the diff between champ tourny cloth and simonis during play except maybe CT cloth is a tad faster. it looks identical to simonis and i'd like to be able to challenge those mechanics to tell the diff. i know they can't. also that CT cloth is nicer on the back-side. so much so that it's hard to tell front from back. it's also cheaper and stronger than simonis and this is coming from a guy who only put simonis on this gold crown. but this is just between we here. screw anyone who can't change despite facts.

straightman: i bought a home in north port, florida which is just south of tampa. here's a pic of the exterior. after i get a new table, i'll up a pic of the inside, "game room". but i tell ya; i spent the entire month of november down there and it's so much nicer than the DFW area. coming back was sooooo depressing. this house was built in 2004 and i bought it for $70,501. i could hardly go wrong. super quiet street and no immediate neighbors!

Attachments

• IMGA0534.jpg
    IMGA0534.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 107

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sausage

If you have room for the 9 by all means buy the 9. I'd love to have a 9 if I had the cue room, I just wanted to point out that the oversize 8 is a very good alternative.

Dave N

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Looks Great

The house looks great and the price is even better. What is the square feet of the house? I thought all the normal looking houses in Florida along with NY, CA. and some other places all go for half million.
Yes, most other States have so much better scenery then Texas. There are areas of Texas that are beautiful but not the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. That is for sure.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
sausage, get to shoot some pool on your home table sooner than you expect!

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing worse than not having a table is having one in pieces in your basement :p. I'm refurbishing an old Brunswick and it kills me every time I go down there. It is motivational though and I have been making good progress lately. I'm giving myself another month (hopefully less) and she should be up and running.

Good luck with your move and you'll be knee deep in epic runs before you know it.

RG

sausage

Banned
thanks for all the encouragement.

straightman; the house is 1,300' minus the lanai, which is a screened-in section of the house. it's plenty big enough for me living there alone. i had an opportunity to buy an 1,800' house in ocalla but passed. and yeah, the DFW area is one ugly town...

MN Kid: what's taking you so long on your table? what model brunswick is it?

vahmurka: the only thing keeping me from leaving is dealing with my three vehicles. can't decide which ones to ship and which to drive.

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=170898

Custom Brunswick Kling around 1912 or so. The center legs (6 leg model) were in pretty rough shape on the bottom. They're structurally sound now and I have been working on repairs to the decorative laminate. Once these repairs are complete, I'll throw a light coat of varnish or laquer on her and she's ready for slate. New cushions, pockets and cloth and we're ready to roll. I'll update the above post with final pictures once it's complete. Pretty much my dream table and I hope everything works out.

Forgive the highjack. Wish I was down in Florida (or Texas :p) right now.

Take care and get that 9' Gold Crown you mentioned in your original post. One of the best player tables ever made.

Cheers,
RG

sausage

Banned
kid: oh, that's an amazing table. looking forward to the finished pics.

the only thing i don't like about the GC is that it's LOUD and my house is all tile.

the nicest table upon which i've ever played was a 7' brunswick with "silent" pockets and ball return. you'd hit a ball in the pocket and you couldn't hear it. for the life of me though, the model of this table i cannot remember. i sure would like to find a 9' with such attributes.