Adjusting Anniversary rails

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the side rails of my 50s era Anniversary needs to come in a little at the side pocket to make it square. There are (supposed to be) three bolts under the rail (I'm missing the middle one). Is it as simple as loosening the two bolts I have and tapping the rail in a bit until square and re-tightening? If that will allow that to happen I think that will do without having to remove the pocket.

Maybe a silly question, but not familiar with the "guts" and don't want to start down a road that might have unexpected consequences.

Thanks!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
20110048.jpg

20110048-2.jpg

20110048-3.jpg

20110048-4.jpg

20110048-5.jpg

20110048-6.jpg

20110048-7.jpg

:thumbup:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting the Anniversary manual Trent! Reminds me that I need to order one of those reproduction manuals from Classic Billiards. Some good info in there...after a quick scan I realized my stretcher is installed upside down and I'm also missing one of my bridge holders.

To the OP, I just went through this with my Anniversary and just thought I'd pass on what I learned from it. The bolt was missing on one of my rails due to the figure 8 nut plate first thread being damaged. I suppose the installer just didn't feel like messing with it so he just left that bolt out. Anyway, I cleaned up the figure 8 insert with a tap and die set and bought a proper size bolt and all was good. Hopefully you can just loosen and get it aligned well enough to install without having to take the rail off and tap it like I had to do.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks for posting the Anniversary manual Trent! Reminds me that I need to order one of those reproduction manuals from Classic Billiards. Some good info in there...after a quick scan I realized my stretcher is installed upside down and I'm also missing one of my bridge holders.

To the OP, I just went through this with my Anniversary and just thought I'd pass on what I learned from it. The bolt was missing on one of my rails due to the figure 8 nut plate first thread being damaged. I suppose the installer just didn't feel like messing with it so he just left that bolt out. Anyway, I cleaned up the bolt and figure 8 insert with a tap and die set and all was good. Hopefully you can just loosen and get it aligned well enough to install without having to take the rail off and tap it like I had to do.

You can print it from a computer. Or buy it. They both came from Brunswick. :)

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
:thumbup:

Trying to help out other guys looking for these. I have the GC4, 5 and metro too. I will post them soon. Already got 3 good ones for today!

Trent from Toledo

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the responses! I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.

The manual is great, but, lol, a bit concerning since my Anniversary doesn't have a leg stretcher, nor do the legs have holes where one would have been fitted.

Were there Anniversary models made with legs and no stretcher?

Edit: just did some searching and found an old thread where maybe Trent or someone had described the Model C - no stretchers - I'm guessing I found the answer and I'm assuming the manuals for the two models are pretty darn similar?

Thanks again for the help!

Last edited: