how are ya'll doing in league ?

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to the holidays and a team quitting, we haven't played since the middle of December...Last outing we won in 8 ball 5-0 and 9 ball 3-2. I only played 9 ball but won 5-1, I accomplished winning 5 games while only taking 11 shots the whole match...I thought that was kinda funny. Anyway, finally this coming Monday we will be playing again. something like 9 weeks to go in this session and we are 2 games out of 2nd in 9 ball, and 1 game out of first in 8 ball. I hope we keep on truckin to ultimate victory.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not posted lately myself. I play on 2 double jeapordy teams. Friday team finished in first place in 9 ball and goes to tri cups. Finished in second place in 8 ball but did not get a wild card for playoffs.

Sunday team not only finished in first place in 8 ball but won the big dawg award.....team with most points at the end of the session over all divisions and sends us straight to the ltc's this summer. Came in second in 9 ball and won playoffs to go to tri cups.

We are 2 weeks in to the new session and our lo initiated a new policy in hopes of speeding up our night .. After the first match has started the team that throws first in the second match has to inform the other team who he is going to throw when it is hill-hill in 8 ball and when a player only needs 10 points in 9 ball. The other team counters with their choices and both players are to approach the table for the lag as soon as the previous marc is over.. The other thing we are required to do is write down the ending time of each match....no.need to write the starting time because unless you are held up for some reason because you are supposed to start as soon as the last one was finished. He wants this info in order to see if there is a pattern of slow play with certain players..

As would be expected ......our first week with this new system caused some headaches . And I screwed up big time feeling under pressure to make match up decisions while playing at the same time.. I completely forgot about one of the 5's being raised to a 6 and our only 4 being raised to a 5 after last session..it caused us to go over the 23 limit and we lost all points in 8 ball that night..i only played 8 ball and lost 5-2 to a 7. Actually I beat myself by screwing up a couple shots to win the game on 2 racks. Did not play 9 ball.

Sunday night the other team forfeited the last 2 matches so I chose not to play that night.

Last nighty 9 ball break was on fire. Made one or two balls and always had a loom at the next ball...except for scratching in one rack. As a result I won 46-22 in a 46-38 race.. They dumped a 3 on me in 8 ball.. Really was not in it...until she won the first rack and was on the hill already....then I woke up and won 4 in a row to win the match.

So the first real night under the new rule ? we got out of there an hour earlier than usual but I believe it was due to the playing itself more than the new rule.

Oh yea....I was keeping score in 8 ball and had a 6 I know real well...used to be a team mate playing my 5 last night. This 6 was obviously dumping which I had never seen from him before and really surprised me. Just so happened our lo was in the house and I asked him to come watch the match. The 6 made a few more bad shots until he saw the lo standing a couple tables over watching him. He then put the brakes on his bad shots ....until the lo left. Sandbagging is not very prevalent in my area bit one of these days I am going to record some one who is obviously dumping like what I saw last night and send it to the lo and see if he is as serious about stopping sandbagging as he claimed when he took over our league last summer.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had double jeapordy last night and maybe...just maybe the new rules I mentioned in my above post geared toward getting done early works. Got through at 10:30. Earliest we have in a long time.

Played another 5 in 8 ball ..just couldn't get it going and lost 4-2. I wound up playing 9 ball twice due to us being shorthanded. Played 2 different 4's. Won the first 46-22 and the second 46-26.

Ordered a revo 12.9 shaft last Tuesday for my blak 4 that I have had a long time. Came in today. Hope to get some practice in before league Friday night.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well we had a very successful tri-cups tourney. Won every match pretty handily to bring home the championship. The only downside is that we played a match that lasted almost 5 hours.

I swear the team came straight from Sunset Meadows retirement Community. I am not exaggerating in saying they had no team member under 75 with most above 80....

Now, I would never disrespect my elders, and I hope it doesn't come off that way...I have had my butt whipped more times than I can count by older folks, and I know there are some baby boomers on here that shoot lights out. Not these ladies and gentlemen. Not at all.

They had one SL7 who was very good and an SL 5 that was a pretty straight shooter. Everyone else was a 2 or 3, and took FOREVER to complete an inning.

Their 7 destroyed my best player, and I beat their 5. Every other match is blur as I slipped to a weird delirium of shuffling feet and slow rolling balls. We started the match at 10:30 am...we finally won at 3:15 pm!

In the end I am just hoping that I can play pool when I am their age and I am glad they are out having fun. But a shot clock would have been nice!

We must of had a tri-cups hangover last night , cuz we toted a butt whipping. Lost 9-2.. our only victory was my win against their strongest SL6. Played pretty well, but still way too inconsistent.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
attachment.php

Attachments

• stats.PNG
    stats.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 349

bobprobst

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Came back from 0-3 to win 5-3. Finished the last 16 balls in a single inning.

Compare that to Monday when I missed a straight in 8 :frown:

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did not play this week, but I did have the opportunity to coach two of our new players to wins. Its nice when you know the shot and can help a youngster taste victory. We won the night in 8 ball 4-1 and 9 ball 3-2. 9 weeks to go, pretty sure all of the MVP slots are out of my reach as I went through a can't shoot as good as a fourth grader phase.

Now that I am shooting better, I expect to finish the session strong...and with my sweet new McDermott G801 cue, with an Intimidator 2 shaft (that I got at better than 50% off...should be able to conquer all that are brought before me as challengers.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Played 9ball monday night. First session in 3 years

Being a 6 I played a 7. Win 46-16.. 19-1 in 10 innings with a BnR.

Not great but any means but felt nice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA is going OK, lost my first 9 ball match against an SL6 (I'm SL8) but won my second match, won my first 8 ball match pretty handily and moved up to an SL7 in 8 ball.

BCA is going well, currently ranked 3rd this session out of 70+ people. FargoRate is moving in the right direction.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played 9ball monday night. First session in 3 years

Being a 6 I played a 7. Win 46-16.. 19-1 in 10 innings with a BnR.

Not great but any means but felt nice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am also a 6 in 9 ball and think if I beat a 7 in the manner you did that it would be a great match. . I happened to beat a 7 last week but the score was 46-38. Good but not great.

I looked up my session stats earlier and have won 3 out of 4 nine ball matches. And as it usually happens when I am playing good 9 ball my 8 ball game goes in a downward spiral. And its the opposite when I play good 8 ball...my 9 ball game suffers.

Last sunday my opponent had a dry break in the first rack playing 8 ball. I ran the table. My game went downhill from there and lost 4-2 in a 4-4 race. Session record so far ...2 wins ...5 losses.

Oh yea. Got a revo 12.9 shaft last week to put on a predator I have had for years and adjusting to it pretty quick in my opinion. Have only played 3 matches...no practice at all with it but shooting real good so far.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Napa singles 9 ball got second in fall session. This year 1-1 playing fast 8. Expect to finish top 3. Hard had a 7-2, 8-2, and next race is 7-2. Giving up that many games in fast 8 is harder than 8,9, or 10 ball.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unbelievable night for me.

In my last post I stated how well I had been playing in 9 ball and how poorly I had been playing 8 ball.. Well tonight was just the opposite and I think I figured out why.

1. Getting there late.
2. No practice....ever
3. Not having my head in the game.
4. Never taking my cues out of the case until match time.

My 8 ball game has not dropped off. Its just that i always play 8 ball first " until tonight " and all the above reasons has me starting out bad and then I shoot great the following match which has been 9 ball..

Well tonight I started 9 ball first and it was a bad game. So bad I missed with bih once. When that happened my scorekeeper threatened to take my new revo I hot last week away and told me to use another cue. I replied ...its not the new shaft, its me that is the problem. I lost 38-23 in a 38-46 race.

About an hour later I face a 7 in 8 ball. I won 3-0 in 5 innings with one inning ending in a safe. My best 8 ball game in quite a while. My opponent shook my hand and said I shot amazing. I replied yea its amazing how you can shoot when you are pizzed off. He asked if he had pizzed me off and I said no that I was upset about playing 9 ball real bad and losing to his 5 as bad as I did. He laughed at my reply.

I went to my scorekeeper and said....told you it was not the new revo shaft that was the problem.

Now if I can just start getting off my lazy azz and get to league a lil early and practice some before we start.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Unbelievable night for me.

In my last post I stated how well I had been playing in 9 ball and how poorly I had been playing 8 ball.. Well tonight was just the opposite and I think I figured out why.

1. Getting there late.
2. No practice....ever
3. Not having my head in the game.
4. Never taking my cues out of the case until match time.

My 8 ball game has not dropped off. Its just that i always play 8 ball first " until tonight " and all the above reasons has me starting out bad and then I shoot great the following match which has been 9 ball..

Well tonight I started 9 ball first and it was a bad game. So bad I missed with bih once. When that happened my scorekeeper threatened to take my new revo I hot last week away and told me to use another cue. I replied ...its not the new shaft, its me that is the problem. I lost 38-23 in a 38-46 race.

About an hour later I face a 7 in 8 ball. I won 3-0 in 5 innings with one inning ending in a safe. My best 8 ball game in quite a while. My opponent shook my hand and said I shot amazing. I replied yea its amazing how you can shoot when you are pizzed off. He asked if he had pizzed me off and I said no that I was upset about playing 9 ball real bad and losing to his 5 as bad as I did. He laughed at my reply.

I went to my scorekeeper and said....told you it was not the new revo shaft that was the problem.

Now if I can just start getting off my lazy azz and get to league a lil early and practice some before we start.

Just curious lorider...what did you once say your Fargo rate is?

My best days of shooting pool are in the rear-view mirror. Since I got diagnosed with diabetes and atrial fibrillation (on the same doctor visit when I also discovered my prostate was swollen), my shot execution has gone downhill. I have been on eight different medications for about 2 1/2 years now and one in particular has affected my eyesight and I just have general fatigue and low stamina. When my blood sugar gets too high I also get a case of the wobbles, sometimes tripping over my own two feet. I'm pretty exhausted after a pool match.

That said, I won 5/10 matches in Master's league last session and was 6/11 in handicapped 8-ball playing mostly SL6's (and one SL7 that I would have beaten if I hadn't of dogged the winning 8-ball). I had very good success in the previous two 8-ball sessions, even getting an MVP award in the second one....but my game is going bad and it's not a lack of confidence or from not trying....it's mostly my eyesight, stamina, and the occasional wobbles that are my downfall. It's bums me out to see myself spiraling downwards.

Quit 8-ball and started playing in a 9-ball league this session. I hadn't played competitive 9-ball in about five years. I am ranked as a SL7. I told my captain before I ever screwed a cue together that there was no way I was going to shoot as well as my skill level dictates I should, and how right I was. My first (and only so far) match against another SL7, I lost 55-28 points, a 16-4 loss for the team. In my own defense, I shot okay but almost every time I came to the table I didn't have much to shoot at or there were a lot of problem clusters.

Sorry for being long-winded (on the keyboard at least :thumbup:) I hope everyone is doing well and shooting straight!

Maniac

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious lorider...what did you once say your Fargo rate is?

My best days of shooting pool are in the rear-view mirror. Since I got diagnosed with diabetes and atrial fibrillation (on the same doctor visit when I also discovered my prostate was swollen), my shot execution has gone downhill. I have been on eight different medications for about 2 1/2 years now and one in particular has affected my eyesight and I just have general fatigue and low stamina. When my blood sugar gets too high I also get a case of the wobbles, sometimes tripping over my own two feet. I'm pretty exhausted after a pool match.

That said, I won 5/10 matches in Master's league last session and was 6/11 in handicapped 8-ball playing mostly SL6's (and one SL7 that I would have beaten if I hadn't of dogged the winning 8-ball). I had very good success in the previous two 8-ball sessions, even getting an MVP award in the second one....but my game is going bad and it's not a lack of confidence or from not trying....it's mostly my eyesight, stamina, and the occasional wobbles that are my downfall. It's bums me out to see myself spiraling downwards.

Quit 8-ball and started playing in a 9-ball league this session. I hadn't played competitive 9-ball in about five years. I am ranked as a SL7. I told my captain before I ever screwed a cue together that there was no way I was going to shoot as well as my skill level dictates I should, and how right I was. My first (and only so far) match against another SL7, I lost 55-28 points, a 16-4 loss for the team. In my own defense, I shot okay but almost every time I came to the table I didn't have much to shoot at or there were a lot of problem clusters.

Sorry for being long-winded (on the keyboard at least :thumbup:) I hope everyone is doing well and shooting straight!

Maniac

Sorry to hear about your health issues maniac. Hope you get better my friend..

My Fargo is 466 with a robustness of 325. As a high of 510 at one time and I honestly believe I could maintain a 510 if I was not feeling my age lol.

Sadly usapl folded a while back due to lack of interest so I guess I am stuck at 466 unless something comes along where I can play under Fargo rating again..

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another win, another loss...won 9 ball 5-0, lost 8 ball 3-0...self inflicted of course. One day I will play league the way I practice and gamble...that day was not last Monday. As a team we just couldnt do anything in 8 ball...won 9 ball 3-2, lost 8 ball 4-1. Second place in 8 ball with 7 weeks to go, 4th in 9 ball but only 4 wins out of 1st...hopefully will still make top 3 in both and punch our ticket to titleholders.