329 by Hohmann

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Toastie posted on his facebook about an hour ago, saying that he just ran 329 against his dentist and that he is happy that he still can play some :)

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Toastie posted on his facebook about an hour ago, saying that he just ran 329 against his dentist and that he is happy that he still can play some :)

I wonder how many 300+ runs Thorsten has now? I feel he must be the best 14.1 player in the world today.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think the same thing, we all know JS is mr. 400, but does the world know Toasti is Mr. 408? Not that I'm dogging on john, obviously 403 is not too shabby. I love TH's very careful textbook play, reminds me of Ralf. But he's not afraid to shoot the 70% balls sometimes, when it's necessary.

Nice to turn the tables and stick the dentist in the chair instead of vice versa :p

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ja, und he plays with a sooper high deflection schaft. :)

(According to one of the gals commentating the free stream at the DCC).

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the same thing, we all know JS is mr. 400, but does the world know Toasti is Mr. 408? Not that I'm dogging on john, obviously 403 is not too shabby. I love TH's very careful textbook play, reminds me of Ralf. But he's not afraid to shoot the 70% balls sometimes, when it's necessary.

Nice to turn the tables and stick the dentist in the chair instead of vice versa :p

Thorsten´s high run is 404, as Mr.400´s is, too

poolhustla61508

Yea....That just happened
Silver Member
Danny Diliberto said a while back that Toasti was the best straight pool player he's ever seen. That's strong.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody is mentioning Thomas Engert and his high run of 491...

Hi Pascal, we all know about Thomas 491 but he did it years ago and not yesterday...its about the 329 and not what everybody else has as high run, thats a different thread.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I can not even wrap my head around these stratospheric runs like 329, 404, 408, 491...its so out of this world, that it does not compute.

Big_H515

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I hope the dentist covered his bill today. :D

I only hope that some day I can get my HR to half that number.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
There are many horrible good straight-pool players atm. - If there would be a better reputation for this game (good money-tournaments*) they would come from everywhere in the world. It s all about the *public-viewing-concept* -and here straight-pool (very sad about it :-( ) has a big problem.
I would love to see somethin like we ve had in the mid-80 s in germany- a *single-straight-pool-league* with 12 or 18 of the best players (not sure if it was 12 or 18, so long ago-lol)- they met for 4 tournaments- and so they found the best straight pooler :)

12 of the best pro-straight poolers- meeting 4 times for a nice price money...that would be great imo. (dreamin-mode on) :wink:

lg
Ingo

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
100's, 200's. 300's, 400's

Hohmann is truly gifted. What a great accomplishment along with John and other great, great players in the pass & present. These are very talented & gifted players of our Sport.
As for myself & many others here on the 14.1 Forum we all have Love in our hearts for this best game in pocket billiards. Please don't forget how great an accomplishment it is for us as normal players that have worked 50 to 60 hours a week & many of us are still working all our lives on other professions to have such good runs like we have been posting. We are all equal in many ways.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can not even wrap my head around these stratospheric runs like 329, 404, 408, 491...its so out of this world, that it does not compute.

I agree. How in the world can someone piece 7 or 8 racks together to run 100, let alone 28 or 29 racks for 400. For Eufemia's 625, he didn't miss until the 45th rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard it said so often that there is no luck involved in 14.1. Baloney.
- A great break shot, but the cue ball gets kissed in the side.
- A great break shot, but another ball slowly snuggles up to the cue ball, cutting off access to any other ball.
- A great break shot, but the object ball pops out of the pocket (equipment failure!).
- and on and on​

I think these guys are all fibbing about such high runs. And the ones for which we have video evidence? -- trick photography, video editing, computer generated pocketing, .......... No, the maximum possible run in 14.1 is about two or three racks, maybe four. :smile::smile:

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
No words to describe a run of this nature. From what I heard, the table he ran it on is pretty tight as well. It's phenomenal. I can't even imagine the mental focus required to keep a run going that long, especially on unforgiving equipment.

Congrats Thorsten!

- Steve