LIVE STREAM TALK: Predator World 14.1 Tournament

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As I posted in the Main Forum:

The first streamed match was just over. Hohmann beat Thweib 100-3 after running 74 and out.

As to the quality of the stream -- well, I guess I'm spoiled after watching Accu-Stats in Tunica for 9 days. This was not at all up to Accu-Stats standards. It was two cameras. The primary one, straight-on from behind the foot rail, had poor lighting -- quite dark to the left and right of the table. The second camera is from an angle at the other end of the table, and the lighting was a bit better. It does not appear to be in HD.

I guess we're lucky to be able to view any stream from this event, and I'm sure there will be many great matches. I'd recommend it for any 14.1 fanatic.

nashville14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
youtube??

what are the chances that any of this will eventually wind up on youtube?
if something especially outstanding or even historic happens what are the chances that they will sell dvds of that.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not YouTube but I think all the stream matches will go on DVD. Don't expect anything historic though because the matches are only to 100 and they won't be able to continue on.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Not YouTube but I think all the stream matches will go on DVD. Don't expect anything historic though because the matches are only to 100 and they won't be able to continue on.

This guy knows a bit about 14.1 and is enthusiastic. Max knows the game well.

I think as the tournament goes on, the matches might go to a higher number.

George Fels will be there August 1 and I bet he finds his way to the microphone. Could be some great dvds as time goes on.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They'll go to 200 by the final day. We saw some pretty big runs 2 years ago at Breakers. Maybe Mika had 175?

DP.News

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reyes vs Deuel Tomorrow ! Schmidt vs Cohen! Streamed

http://worldstraightpool.com/livestream.html

Tomorrow's TV stream schedule is:

10:30am Huidji See NED (World 14.1 Silver Medalist) vs Bob Madenjian USA (NYC Qualifier Winner)
12:00pm Mike Davis USA (World 14.1 Silver Medalist) vs Chris Lynch USA (NYC)
1:30pm Earl Strickland USA (World & US Open Champion) vs Danny Barouty USA (Former Quarter Finalist World 14.1)
4:30pm Darren Appleton ENG (World 9-Ball, 10-Ball, and 2x US Open Champ) vs Max Eberle USA (World 14.1 Bronze Medalist)
6:00pm Efren Reyes PHL (World 9-Ball, 8-Ball, 1-Pocket Champ) vs Corey Deuel USA (US Open 9-Ball Champ)
7:30pm John Schmidt USA (US Open Champ, 5th World 14.1) vs Stephan Cohen FRA (2009 World 14.1 Champ)

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where can we get the updates on the matches? I can't get there until tomorrow.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Schedule of the Round Robin matches

for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• 2012RoundRobin_Page_1.jpg
    2012RoundRobin_Page_1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 782
  • 2012RoundRobin_Page_2.jpg
    2012RoundRobin_Page_2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 770

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
July 30 Predator World 14.1 Stream Matches

Here goes:
Last night we improved the quality of the stream slightly. Let me know how it works.

LIVE STREAM Matches Coming Up:
July 30, 2012

AM Sessions
10:30 AM EDT: Huidji See NED)vs Bob Madenjian (USA)

12:00 PM EDT: Mike Davis (USA) vs Chris Lynch (USA)

1:30 PM EDT: Earl Strickland (USA) vs Danny Barouty (USA)

PM Sessions
4:30 PM EDT: Darren Appleton (ENG) vs Max Eberle (USA)

6:00 PM EDT: Corey Deuel (USA) vs Efren Reyes (PHI)

7:30 PM EDT: John Schmidt (USA) vs Stephan Cohen (FRA)

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can be get updated results? Not everyone can get to the tournament. Is there a specific reason the scores are not updated as soon as they come in. I would think this would take a matter of seconds to update the scores online. It does not have to be a shot by shot analysis. Just update the scores please.

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scores

The gross lack of effort to inform us (the fan base) of results is in my opinion HORRIFIC. It probably speaks to the quality of the stream also

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Strickland over Barouty 100-18, with a run of 81 (but not out).

Barouty had 4 innings, with misses after runs of 9, 5, 2, and 2.

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
The gross lack of effort to inform us (the fan base) of results is in my opinion HORRIFIC. It probably speaks to the quality of the stream also

I put the results on the other thread.

Sometimes people are busy running these things and have no time to upload results to 7 people sitting at home looking at their computers.