Kamikaze Cue Tip Review

asianevil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Review on the Kamikaze Cue Tips

Super Soft tip: Kamikaze installed a super soft tip on my cue this week....

Four hours of play: initially the tip comes out the gate VERY soft. I suggest anyone installing this softness to play with it a bit before any serious competition, to compress it a bit. Different from the pro soft ultra layered that I am playing with. But once you get it compressed, mushroomed and trimmed once, it rounds out to be a very nice playing tip. I have only trimmed the tip once and its holding its shape well. Super soft has a quiet tone to it, which I prefer. You will "feel" the QB with this tip. I need to tone down the english a margin, due to the "grab".

At his sale price, it almost a non-issue just to try it.

Tip comparison that I am familiar with: Kamui Black, SS.
Playing shaft: OB classic.

I will be ordering a large batch to hold for the future. I believe I'll be using this tip for at least my one pocket game.

Soft Tip Review: Pending.

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are some scattered tip reviews that I put together:

"OverCutAnything" Says
I think it’s great to see another tip being produced. I have tried these tips - a medium & super soft. As we all know, just as with cues, tips are a personal preference. What might be for one may not be for another; thankfully why the variety of products available to us. Therefore I am not going to try and make a comparison to another of the many excellent tips available.
My initial thoughts are that they are good tips. The super soft truly seemed super soft and maintained its shape well after a lot of play. The medium too held up nicely. Both tips held chalk well and were very quiet (I liked that) and seemed consistent from center to edge. I am looking forward to more play with these to see how they play/hold up after time. I like to try different cues & tips – it never hurts to try & your opinion may vary. I wish you well with your new tips.

"Pauljr.Ramos" Says
Have tested the Medium Tip and can't really tell any diff from the expensive brand.. Easy to install and grab chalk really well.. thanks for this great product.. :p

"aquaurchin99" Says
So my friend put the soft on his cue an loves it. I like it a lot too. I'm giving the TNT Pro Max tip I have on my cue one more chance before I try you medium. Something about the Pro Max just feels weird, but it's been getting better so I'm really confused.

None the less I think you have a great product here!!

"Dead Stroke72" Says
Great tips....I tried the soft and found the hit to be very nice and with great action too. For a soft tip there's been very minimal mushrooming, holds chalk well, and hasn't required a lot of maintenance to keep its shape.

I have nothing but good things to say about this product and my deals with Carlos while purchasing them. Super fast customer service and shipping.

"asianevil" Says
Review on the Kamikaze Cue Tips

Super Soft tip: Kamikaze installed a super soft tip on my cue this week....

Four hours of play: initially the tip comes out the gate VERY soft. I suggest anyone installing this softness to play with it a bit before any serious competition, to compress it a bit. Different from the pro soft ultra layered that I am playing with. But once you get it compressed, mushroomed and trimmed once, it rounds out to be a very nice playing tip. I have only trimmed the tip once and its holding its shape well. Super soft has a quiet tone to it, which I prefer. You will "feel" the QB with this tip. I need to tone down the english a margin, due to the "grab".

At his sale price, it almost a non-issue just to try it.

Tip comparison that I am familiar with: Kamui Black, SS.
Playing shaft: OB classic.

I will be ordering a large batch to hold for the future. I believe I'll be using this tip for at least my one pocket game.

Soft Tip Review: Pending.

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm playing with the Kamikaze M.
It was installed about two month ago.
These tips are fantastic.no mushroom, no miscue, great english and great feeling.
I like very much the kamui(black M) but after a lot of hours of play they became too hard.

The only tricks that I did are:
-press the tip from 8 mm to 6 mm(this give me more "feeling")
-after the tip is installed, I like a little shorter(about 4,5mm from the ferrul to top of the curve).

Save your money and enjoy these incredibal tips.
If you want make a joke to a friend, give your cue and ask him want he think about your just installed kamui...

bye
Mino

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had Vague Doug the mad tip man of Evergreen Colorado put a medium black on.
I found out almost immediately that I could draw the cue ball with less effort then I was used to.
I do spin the hell out of the cue ball at the very edge of the cue ball. Miscues are not uncommon with me.
But after the first 5 hours of play I miscued twice. More my fault then the tip.
So far its a winner.

bud_08

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I installed a Kamikaze black M on my standard shaft of my Barnett Custom. I haven't had it mushroom at all since taking it off the lathe and I've played that tip exclusively for the past 2 weeks. I haven't set up any shots to test "extreme" english on it by any means. I play a lot of 9 ball, 8 ball and golf. This tip has served me well. My comparison reference is to the Kamui Black M. Being that this tip has NOT mushroomed, (not saying others wont) and the playability of it, I will keep this tip on my personal cue. \

Also, I installed a Kamikaze black H on a customer's cue and I have not had to trim or shape it since installing it a month ago. My customer who only plays golf on a 10 foot snooker table switches between that tip and the Ultraskin HH. He says he gets plenty of "German" with his Kamikaze and is very pleased with the way it shaped, burnished and feels on the cue ball. (As for the German reference, he calls any extreme english or draw "German")

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You should have to only trim once and it should be good. One of the techniques I use is to take down 2 layers, give a the tip a slight taper when cutting flush with ferrule and burnish nicely. That seems to help a lot.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
You have been breaking the rules, see green pasty. I was guilty as well but did not know until I read it. Not Knocking, just informing