American 14.1 in Richmond, VA, 2016

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, actually, it's going to be at Diamond Billiards in Midlothian, but it's close to Richmond.

The dates are October 12-16th, just before the US Open 9-Ball in Norfolk. Here is the website: http://www.americanstraightpool.com/

On the evening of the 11th there will be an exhibition match to 200 points between Mika Immonen and Danny Barouty at Greenleaf's in Richmond. Admission for standing room is free. This is a charity event supporting local animal care and the Humane Society.

Here is the current player list:

Alcaide David Malaga Spain
Alyousef Abdulla Kuwait City
Appleton Darren Allentown PA
Awadi Aref Kuwait City Kuwait
Babica Radoslaw Rokietnica Poland
Barouty Danny Salinas CA
Biado Carlo Quezon City Philippines
Boyes Karl Manchester UK
Chinahov Ruslan Moscow Russia
Corr Karen Alexandria VA
Davis Mike Raleigh NC
Dechaine Mike Waterville ME
Deuel Corey New Port Richey FL
Dudanets Maksim Moscow Russia
Duty Alan Chantilly VA
Feijen Niels Osted Denmark
Gottier Jim Richmond VA
Grabe Denis Tallinn Estonia
Hohmann Thorsten Jacksonville FL
Holtz Pat Larkhall Scotland
Immonen Mika New York NY
Jewett Bob Berkeley CA
Kiamco Warren Quezon City Philippines
Lincoln Andy Elkridge MD
Madenjian Bob Brooklyn CT
Majid Imran London England
Matthieu Steve Salem MA
Moore Steve Arcadia SC
Morgan Sean Astoria NY
Morra John Toronto Canada
Morris Rodney Costa Mesa CA
Oikonomopoulos Nikos Zografou Greece
Orcollo Dennis Quezon City Philippines
Pagulayan Alex Cerritos CA
Peach Daryl L. Blackpool England
Polo Don Bridgeton NJ
Sanchez-Ruiz Francisco Murcia Spain
Sanderson Elliott Barnsley England
Schmidt John Hesperia CA
Shaw Jayson Orange CT
Shuff Brandon Concord NC
Stepanov Konstantin Moscow Russia
van den Berg Nick Zaandam Netherlands
Vann Corteza Lee Davao City Philippines
Wilkie Shaun Havre de Grace MD
Yednak Michael Brooklyn NY

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Overall, this is a stronger field than at last month's World 14.1 Tournament. Congrats to Peter Burrows and everyone else who has worked over the years to make this event a success.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Overall, this is a stronger field than at last month's World 14.1 Tournament. Congrats to Peter Burrows and everyone else who has worked over the years to make this event a success.

It was a brilliant idea to stage this event right before the US Open, when all the foreign players were already coming over for that event. :thumbup:

The field was fantastic last year and is much better this year. I can't wait to watch this.;)

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting Bob! Sometimes I just can't seem to keep up with life.

Yes, a tough field for sure. We had a couple of cancellations so if anyone wants to take a shot at all these champions...give Peter Burrows a call at 410 757 3488. The round robin matches are just to 100 and if you catch a gear...Groups of 6 so you get 5 matches guaranteed.

Live streaming all 5 days at http://www.insidepool.tv ...and it's free!

Have I mentioned how much I love this pool room? Diamond Billiards in Midlothian, Virginia just a few miles west of downtown Richmond.

Andy

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great billiard room, fabulous management, and a top flight field, regardless of whoever the late defections are. My congratulations to Peter Burrows for producing such a Grade I event, and having to foresight to its placement on the calendar. I will be driving up from South Florida to attend the even live, in what I'm sure will be the highlight of my sports viewing this year.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the live stream for the 14.1 still happening. If so can you give a time please... Thank you!

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had some troubles today with the feed. Finally working and was able to watch Karl Boyes run 123 on that Diamond! Done for today. Full day tomorrow 10am to 10pm.

Andy

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Had some troubles today with the feed. Finally working and was able to watch Karl Boyes run 123 on that Diamond! Done for today. Full day tomorrow 10am to 10pm.

Andy

Andy, are they allowing players to continue the run after the game ends, and counting it toward the high run? If so, do they have to be on a run of at least x to continue?

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Results after day 1.

Attachments

• scores.png
    scores.png
    88 KB · Views: 544

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Andy, are they allowing players to continue the run after the game ends, and counting it toward the high run? If so, do they have to be on a run of at least x to continue?

I saw on facebook that Nick Van Den Berg ran a 100 & Out yesterday and continued to 123. is it only the 100 that counts due to the game limitations ? i would think so since this is the propper way of doing it in my opinion !!

-Steve

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The score for seeding purposes will be 100. There is a $100 prize for high run in round robin. So we are letting them continue just for that prize. Thorsten had a 139. Boyes has a 123 on the Diamond stream table.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The score for seeding purposes will be 100. There is a $100 prize for high run in round robin. So we are letting them continue just for that prize. Thorsten had a 139. Boyes has a 123 on the Diamond stream table.

And I heard you say on stream, Andy, that they must be on a run of at least 50 at the end of the game in order to continue the run for the high-run prize.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is correct. Must be on a run of at least 50 to continue. Speaking of which...Niels Feijen just ran a 168 !!!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Orcollo ran 100 and out on me today but only got one or two more balls. I was hoping for two or three hundred. He was going at a pace of about 250/hour.

The longest run I've ever seen in person is still Pete Margo's 198 in Brewster, NY in June of 1980. (IIRC)

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Players advancing

How many players advance out of the round robin stage?

24?

3 each out of the 7 groups and 3 at large?

If not, how many and how?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How many players advance out of the round robin stage?

24?

3 each out of the 7 groups and 3 at large?

If not, how many and how?

Yes, 24 advance with the first place in each group (and the top 2nd?) getting a bye. The three fillers are the top 4th place finishers. I suppose it will be by best win/loss record in the groups followed by ball count.