I started lessons last week

Fastrockyf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started taking lessons from Todd fleitman and and I'm haveing a realy hard time I needed help with my stance his teaching me to walk into. The shot for 2 weeks I'm drilling this non stop in the mirror and ever time I get down my heads in a deffrint position the other thing his teaching me is the classic closed bridge iv been playing with the loop bridge for years my game has feel apart I'm 6foot2 about 260 I play with my chin on the stick and the only way I can make balls is with a crazy open stance I used to use a 2 step stance I'm a righty id step left foot left then right foot right then squat but is walking into the shot that inportint and has any body on here worked with Todd

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Todd is a great instructor (and a great player, too). You can trust what he tells you, He knows what he's doing.

Change is hard. You have to keep working at it.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
don't be afraid to experiment and model your favorite champion level players

Walking into the stance is difficult. I'd advise getting getting your feet into the correct position FIRST so your head starts off in the best position every time (before coming down on the shot).

I also believe it's best to train with your left foot parallel to the "Line of the Shot" (if right handed)....this does create an open stance, however it has vast benefits when you get to the more advanced levels of play (giving you the ability to hit a particular side of the pocket by adjusting your left foot as opposed to the upper body).

It's important to learn what the most effective pre shot routine is, then conforming it to your own personal style of play (that takes into account your height, weight, arm length, etc).

Best of luck with your game and don't be afraid to experiment and model your favorite champion level players to develop your own game. 'The Game is the Teacher'

I started taking lessons from Todd fleitman and and I'm haveing a realy hard time I needed help with my stance his teaching me to walk into. The shot for 2 weeks I'm drilling this non stop in the mirror and ever time I get down my heads in a deffrint position the other thing his teaching me is the classic closed bridge iv been playing with the loop bridge for years my game has feel apart I'm 6foot2 about 260 I play with my chin on the stick and the only way I can make balls is with a crazy open stance I used to use a 2 step stance I'm a righty id step left foot left then right foot right then squat but is walking into the shot that inportint and has any body on here worked with Todd

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member

You need to be having this discussion with your instructor, not on the internet. It sounds like you are looking for someone to give you the answers you want. Either you have complete faith in your instructor, or you find another instructor. Doing anything else isn't being fair to your instructor.

RWOJO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an instructor I tell my students who have been playing for a long time that you will play worse before you play better. You have to work through it and trust the instructor. They have to work through your bad habits and help you develop the right habits.

Trust the instructor, dedicate practice time to what you work on in the lessons and the results will come.

Fastrockyf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walking into the stance is difficult. I'd advise getting getting your feet into the correct position FIRST so your head starts off in the best position every time (before coming down on the shot).

I also believe it's best to train with your left foot parallel to the "Line of the Shot" (if right handed)....this does create an open stance, however it has vast benefits when you get to the more advanced levels of play (giving you the ability to hit a particular side of the pocket by adjusting your left foot as opposed to the upper body).

It's important to learn what the most effective pre shot routine is, then conforming it to your own personal style of play (that takes into account your height, weight, arm length, etc).

Best of luck with your game and don't be afraid to experiment and model your favorite champion level players to develop your own game. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Thanks for the advice its been for ever since I've been on but thank you all for responding I do appreciate it