Pool -- More Like Basketball Than Golf

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I think if you're wired that way, systems can be useful. But some of us ain't.

Lou Figueroa

I think that in the broader sense, everyone is using a system. Most will be unique to that person. Certainly anyone who plays at least semi-regularly has to have some sort of process by which they approach making a shot, whether it is a conscious thought or just ingrained from repetition.

The conflict begins when many folks are confronted with the notion of using someone else's set process to accomplish the same thing.

And here we are :p

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that in the broader sense, everyone is using a system. Most will be unique to that person. Certainly anyone who plays at least semi-regularly has to have some sort of process by which they approach making a shot, whether it is a conscious thought or just ingrained from repetition.

The conflict begins when many folks are confronted with the notion of using someone else's set process to accomplish the same thing.

And here we are :p

dub, I believe that for most mortals, the game is so tough to play well, and demands so much precision, that "you gotta have a gimmick." And what I am discovering as I go along is that the level of system precision required is rather remarkable.

Lou Figueroa
with apologies to
Julie Styne and Stephen Sondheim