Looking for Blackpearl maker Al Bautista

Gao93

Registered
Just got the message from him, he is having a health problem, but doing better now. Thanks everyone for the help, and hope everyone safe and sound!

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I am here for help to contact Al Bautista.

Last year, around June, I happened to see his cues on AZ and found his work is great, so I ordered a fancy cue from him. I paid in full to show my respect and trust, and he told me the lead time would be around 8 months.

In the beginning, he sent me some pics about the wood he choose and sent me some progress pics in first half this year. Everything were going a little bit slower than expectation but still right on the track.

However, from July, I almost lose contact from him, he always told me would send me some pics later this week, but I have seen nothing. From October, he just go disappeared, no email reply, no az pm, and even no reply on the message board of his personal profile (You guys can see I left the message on Nov.21, and his last login time was Nov.23), I am not aware what is happening...

I am personally a little anxious and worry, if anyone can help me contact him, I would be very grateful! And I hope he is doing well...

Paying in full was your mistake.
Never do that for anything that has to be made or built.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tend to agree here. I've never even put a down pmt. on a cue. They all wanted it on delivery. Hope you get your $$ back. BTW, his last FB post was back in September.

Last edited:

Gao93

Registered
Thanks for info, he told me on Oct.2nd that he just get the electricity and internet back,will send me some pics later that week, then he just disappeared... Hope I can get the cue or get my money back, thanks again!

Gao93

Registered

I agree and disagree, I thought he has been in the business for a long time, it would be alright... But for the safety of the money, that would truly be the best choice. I am always easy to trust others, that might be my problem anyway.

Gao93

Registered
Tend to agree here. I've never even put a down pmt. on a cue. They all wanted it on delivery. Hope you get your $$ back. BTW, his last FB post was back in September.

Thanks for info, he told me on Oct.2nd that he just get the electricity and internet back,will send me some pics later that week, then he just disappeared... Hope I can get the cue or get my money back, thanks again!

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only on AZ would it be the buyer's fault for a cuemaker not delivering. lol

"your fault for paying up front", uh, no, how people think like that is beyond me.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some BIG earthquakes in PI the last month and still going on for anyone paying attention to Geophysics. Hope AL is ok. The plates are shifting. Very large deep quakes and volcano activity worldwide.

Pretty nervous on West Coast since 6.4 and 7.2 hit in early July. Fortunately they hit in very rural flat desert area of Ridgecrest. If those hit metro LA or SF it would have been a major catastrophe.

Al seems square to me in my dealings with him asking for no money up front until Cue was completed and ready to be shipped.

-Kat,

Gao93

Registered

"your fault for paying up front", uh, no, how people think like that is beyond me.

lol,it's alright, for the safety of money, not to pay before the cue is ready to ship might be a better choice.

Gao93

Registered
Some BIG earthquakes in PI the last month and still going on for anyone paying attention to Geophysics. Hope AL is ok. The plates are shifting. Very large deep quakes and volcano activity worldwide.

Pretty nervous on West Coast since 6.4 and 7.2 hit in early July. Fortunately they hit in very rural flat desert area of Ridgecrest. If those hit metro LA or SF it would have been a major catastrophe.

Al seems square to me in my dealings with him asking for no money up front until Cue was completed and ready to be shipped.

-Kat,

Thanks, Kat, he told me he lives in Manila, but the earthquake happened in the south of Philippine, I confirmed the info, north parts doesn't get affected a lot.

For Al, I still believe he is a good cuemaker, would not take my money and leave his reputation as a cuemaker. Just trying to contact him to ensure he is safe and sound.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How people think like that?
Are you kidding me?
People that pay up front for services are suckers.
So the OP paid up front to a cue maker thousands of miles away in a third world country.
What could go wrong?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Funny thing is it is alway funny when someone else get the wrong end of a business deal. The same period people will cry wolf the longest if they were Shaffer out of money. Strange world we live in.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this Is this the Blackpearl cues in Angeles city I have 2 phone numbers for him. I have also been to the shop in Angeles a few times.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey,if you are a sucker,so am i

i paid up front on a cue that i am waiting for

i heard he had some problems with his health and took
a hit

so you know me i decided to send some money

lets all settle down and give the guy a chance

I knew he had the health issue when i sent the money

why kick a guy when he is down.

I

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
How people think like that?
Are you kidding me?
People that pay up front for services are suckers.
So the OP paid up front to a cue maker thousands of miles away in a third world country.
What could go wrong?

No, the people that take advantage of somebody are pieces of shit and so are the people who support them.

Gao93

Registered
Thanks everyone for the help, Al has just contacted me, he is having a health problem, and would be back as soon as possible. Hope him always safe and sound!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the help, Al has just contacted me, he is having a health problem, and would be back as soon as possible. Hope him always safe and sound!

Thanx for reporting that....makes me feel better about pool