Roys looking for matches for Filler

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw a post off Roys FB page looking for matchups with Filler , hope someone more savvy than me on posting pics can post the original post
John Mars has posted, Shane will play 10 ball race to 100-120 10 ball same rules as the DO match ,
I doubt we will see that happen from what I heard today , maybe 9 ball but not 10

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I just saw a post off Roys FB page looking for matchups with Filler , hope someone more savvy than me on posting pics can post the original post
John Mars has posted, Shane will play 10 ball race to 100-120 10 ball same rules as the DO match ,

Roy is gathering the heavyweight trolls as we speak. This one is hilarious - you guys remember him?

Attachments

• Scott  Thomas.jpg
    Scott Thomas.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,506

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not? What makes you say that? Gotta help us non-facebookers out
From what i saw posted from Filler he wants to play 9 Ball. Not 10 Ball :shrug:

Who knows they might be able come to some sort of agreement would be a hell of a match. :)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm sure they can all get a piece of Filler at the Derby. JL Chang is the one guy who will surely step up, Shane only maybe, and if he does. I'm sure he'll demand that they play by his rules (10-ball, rack your own, winner breaks). If they show up to the Derby, Raga and Wu might take a shot, too. I think that guys like Shaw, both of the Kos, Orcullo, Skyler, and Bergman know better than to take on such tough action.

On the bar box, I don't doubt Filler can get played by guys like Skyler and Corey, who are bar table monsters.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Filler doesn't want to play Shane 10 ball only 9 ball.

That's pretty much what we've been saying and it proves Filler is smart. 10 ball Shane is likely the gambling favorite. Nine ball would be a more even match or lean towards Filler I suppose.

Hope all is well with you, John!

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
That's pretty much what we've been saying. 10 ball Shane is the gambling favorite. Nine ball would be a more even match or lean towards Filler I suppose.

Hope all is well with you, John!

With a neutral racker, I believe Filler is the favorite at both 9-ball and 10-ball.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
With a neutral racker, I believe Filler is the favorite at both 9-ball and 10-ball.

As long as Shane could make sure that every ball is frozen he would play Filler with a neutral racker.

Most people have no idea that all anyone wants in 10 ball is a tight rack, gaps don't help you make a ball or get more action.

Filler knows he can't break and run 45% of the 10 ball racks, Shane can and does consistently with and without him racking.

How about trying to find someone to stake Filler with a neutral racker using a template and the players can complain if all the balls are not froze.

Good Luck!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
As long as Shane could make sure that every ball is frozen he would play Filler with a neutral racker.

Most people have no idea that all anyone wants in 10 ball is a tight rack, gaps don't help you make a ball or get more action.

Filler knows he can't break and run 45% of the 10 ball racks, Shane can and does consistently with and without him racking.

How about trying to find someone to stake Filler with a neutral racker using a template and the players can complain if all the balls are not froze.

Good Luck!

Salt City Billiards in Syracuse NY would give them a venue and a neutral racker. Have them match up after Turning Stone

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

For those of us who follow and bet on these matches, we've seen Shane pull out ahead of so many top players in long race 10 ball, it's hard to find people who will bet against him. I think Filler is smart to avoid this game. There's something about long races and sitting in your chair for 30 minutes watching a guy string racks that is particularly hard on the nerves. ;)

But I would absolutely love to see them play a long race at anything.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For those of us who follow and bet on these matches, we've seen Shane pull out ahead of so many top players in long race 10 ball, it's hard to find people who will bet against him. I think Filler is smart to avoid this game. There's something about long races and sitting in your chair for 30 minutes watching a guy string racks that is particularly hard on the nerves. ;)

But I would absolutely love to see them play a long race at anything and I think anybody can win it.

Point is well taken. There's much easier action to be had than playing Shane at his best game. Like you, I know I'd enjoy watching if the match ever happened.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is awesome, but count me for one who would bet on Filler to win playing even 10 ball. Filler turning down that game takes him down a peg from legend status in my mind. Back to reality:)

Thanks Mars for trying to make a game. That would have been a hell of a match!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't read past first post........busy right now.

But, I got to say filler wont find a backer brave enough to get in box with SVB if using Shane's favorite format.

I would be really surprised.

I'll check this later because it would be "one hell of a match".