DCC 9ball....????

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's left? The charts on DCC's site make ZERO sense to me. The buy-back system and no real brackets make it almost impossible to follow. Thanks for any updates.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
COMPLETED MATCHES

http://208.106.220.42/DerbyCity/LiveMatchesandResults/_asp/completed.asp

It's actually not bad once you figure it out.

Scroll down til you get to the 9b section.

9ball 7 Charlie Bryant (2) Shane Van Boening (1)

7th round. Charlie vs Shane.

Bright yellow means Shane won.
Charlie Bryant (2) indicates that's Charlies 2nd loss.

SVB (1) means Shane has 1 previous loss.

2 loss= out of the tournament
1 loss= 1 previous loss, 1 more and that player is out

9 Ball 6 Konrad Juszczyszyn (1) Shane VanBoening (1B)

6th round. Konrad in yellow means Konard beat Shane.
(1) means Konrad has 1 previous loss

Shane Van Boening (1b) means shane use his buyback after his loss to Konrad.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big name players with 0 loss are:
James Aranas
LeeVan
Niels Fiejen
Chris Melling
Dennis
Kevin Cheng
Skyler
Omar
Gomez

players with 1 loss
Shane
Biado
Shaw
Thorpe
Fedor Gorst
Petri
Justin Hall
Toasty
John Shmidt
Busty
Mike Dechaine
Archer

players out of the tournament
Filler
JL Chang
Alex
Corey
Bergman

I might've missed some names. Thats from a quick skim..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
COMPLETED MATCHES

http://208.106.220.42/DerbyCity/LiveMatchesandResults/_asp/completed.asp

It's actually not bad once you figure it out.

Scroll down til you get to the 9b section.

9ball 7 Charlie Bryant (2) Shane Van Boening (1)

7th round. Charlie vs Shane.

Bright yellow means Shane won.
Charlie Bryant (2) indicates that's Charlies 2nd loss.

SVB (1) means Shane has 1 previous loss.

2 loss= out of the tournament
1 loss= 1 previous loss, 1 more and that player is out

9 Ball 6 Konrad Juszczyszyn (1) Shane VanBoening (1B)

6th round. Konrad in yellow means Konard beat Shane.
(1) means Konrad has 1 previous loss

Shane Van Boening (1b) means shane use his buyback after his loss to Konrad.
Still makes no sense. WHO's left in the 9ball? Why do they show each match twice? Ridiculous system.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're still waiting for some 7th round matches to finish.

7th rd
Dechaine (1) vs Thorpe (1)

Whoever lose will be out.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're still waiting for some 7th round matches to finish.

7th rd
Dechaine (1) vs Thorpe (1)

Whoever lose will be out.
Thnx. I know what all the stuff means but the buy-back/redraw system makes it near impossible to follow what's going on. I don't know why they show the results of each match twice, A vs B then B vs A.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thnx. I know what all the stuff means but the buy-back/redraw system makes it near impossible to follow what's going on. I don't know why they show the results of each match twice, A vs B then B vs A.

Probably coz it makes it easier to find a particular player?

You can ignore the r) column until you find the player you seek on the l).

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Completed Matches:
The web page shows the latest activity at the top of each category, but it can be confusing since you have to scroll way down to get past the Banks and 1pkt, which are over, to arrive at recent activity in 9ball. There also are duplicate entries, which are useless.

If you want to get an overview of the whole series, it's easier if you download the numbers and put the Banks and 1-pkt, which are done, aside on different worksheets, or just delete them. Then you can see just 9ball, and see who is in or out by starting at the highest round and working down.

The nice thing about the download format is match winners are consistantly on the left, losers on right.

The only important numbers are # of Losses and Round. The Round orients to where play has got to - right now in 9-ball Round 6 is over and they are into Round 7.

Anyone with 2 losses is out. Everyone with 0 or 1 loss is still potentially the winner. The guys who are out drop off as Rounds progress, just like in a traditional chart.

Scheduled Matches
This is self-explanatory. It shows who is going to play, on what table, at what time. They post a big caveat - Subject To Change.

Pending Eliminations
I think this serves as a reminder to players who are eligible to buy back but have not yet done so.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess i'm just too stupid to live. Too used to a regular bracket set-up. The buy-back/redraw makes for a good event but not the easiest follow.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why they show the results of each match twice, A vs B then B vs A.

I have to agree that showing players twice just complicates. Means need double the time to scroll lol.
Also why don't they show the score?
And pointless to have 1B. If player has lost, obviously he has lost before so 1B=1. Same same not different.
And it says at top of
http://208.106.220.42/DerbyCity/LiveMatchesandResults/_asp/scheduled.asp
"All buy backs today should be done at 10AM to play at 10AM". Does that mean those who are undefeated at start of today lost 1 life? Means if they lost today, they are out?
So that is like double elimination until yesterday and from today it is single elimination?

ok I will stop complaining now
:grin-square:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

The match schedule is scrolled through its entirety on a continuous basis. With the unique buy-back and redraw, and so many entries, scrolling it is probably the best possible way to communicate matches to the entire tournament floor.

Whether intentional or not, it’s much easier to find your name just looking at one column as it scrolls. Having a name on the left and right column (player and opponent) is actually a help.

As others have said, it really isn’t bad at all. It’s just different due to the unique tournament format.

Freddie <~~~ can’t find my name

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have to agree that showing players twice just complicates. Means need double the time to scroll lol.
And pointless to have 1B. If player has lost, obviously he has lost before so 1B=1. Same same not different.
And it says at top of
"All buy backs today should be done at 10AM to play at 10AM". Does that mean those who are undefeated at start of today lost 1 life? Means if they lost today, they are out?
So that is like double elimination until yesterday and from today it is single elimination?

Buying back is an option. If you don’t buy back, you’re out.

Every round, you have the option to buy back if you lost once. But the buy back time has a window in order for them to redraw. It never goes to single elimination.

They have to put a 1B in order to know who goes into the next round’s draw. It’s a marker for the tournament directors as well as fans and friends i suppose.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And it says at top of

Final 2 players and you can still buy back in after a loss.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
All Times Are Eastern

Derby City Classic - Final Day

Saturday February 2, 2019
Tournament Starts: 12:00pm
9-Ball all day

11:45pm: Billy Thorpe vs. Shane VanBoening

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Round 7 & 8

Ok so this is where we are at now.
Round 7 has 8 matches ongoing. 2 Big upsets as Gomez and Buste KOed.
Round 8 are mostly waiting for winners of Round 7.
3 confirmed Round 8 matches so far- of which the biggest is James Aranas v Kevin Cheng. Some big names in Round 7 like Orcullo, Dechaine, Thorpe may be matched with some Round 8 big names like Melling, Gorst, Niels, SVB so expect some more high profile matches.

The stream starts in about 30 minutes with Round 8 match so let us hope they pick a big matchup and not a big gun v dead money kind of match :D

r78.JPG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok we just have big match for Round 8 SVB v Thorpe :grin-square:

99% confirmed that this will be stream match unless the stream programmer had a bad hair day

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big name players with 0 loss are:
James Aranas
LeeVan
Niels Fiejen
Chris Melling
Dennis
Kevin Cheng
Skyler
Omar
Gomez

players with 1 loss
Shane
Biado
Shaw
Thorpe
Fedor Gorst
Petri
Justin Hall
Toasty
John Shmidt
Busty
Mike Dechaine
Archer

players out of the tournament
Filler
JL Chang
Alex
Corey
Bergman

I might've missed some names. Thats from a quick skim..

Gomez is out :cool:. Havent checked rest for accuracy:confused: