Autograph on cue that will not get erased

shuba

Hey,

I got a limited edition jump cue which I would like to sign by a player. Anyone got any ideas or tips how to proceed with this so that the permanent marker will not wear off with time?

Thanks!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey,

I got a limited edition jump cue which I would like to sign by a player. Anyone got any ideas or tips how to proceed with this so that the permanent marker will not wear off with time?

Thanks!
You'll have to put a clear finish over the signature.

shuba

Yup, this is one solution but one will feel the clear finish. I would love to make it smooth... if this is even possible.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, this is one solution but one will feel the clear finish. I would love to make it smooth... if this is even possible.

Yep, get it signed, stick it in a display case and dont touch the signature.

Otherwise, it will need to be protected somehow, that usually means a clear coat of some kind.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
do some tests on a different ball if you want to be sure

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
You’ll need to put it behind UV Glass to keep it from fading.
Even exposure to the air will deteriorate sharpie ink.
Maybe use a Paint Marker Pen?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, you'll have to clear it over, then buff it. My $.02 is
get a pool ball for an autograph, then keep that on your
bookcase.. you'll want to use the jump cue.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If there is no finish on the wood, permanent marker will soak into the wood some and will be permanent.

It will be there forever.

The new gel pens made today work good instead of markers.

shuba

Well, we thought that if we sand just a little of the original finish, sign the sanded area and protect with a new layer of finish (only on the sanded area) and maybe some polishing afterwards. One problem though - we are not sure if this will look and feel good...

Any comments on this?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, we thought that if we sand just a little of the original finish, sign the sanded area and protect with a new layer of finish (only on the sanded area) and maybe some polishing afterwards. One problem though - we are not sure if this will look and feel good...

Any comments on this?

Dont have the cue signed.

Use a cueball, photo etc.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any comments on this?

Seriously, it's a jump cue. How often do you really use one?

I don't even carry mine anymore. The signature is not going anywhere.

The cue won't be taken out of your bag to get worn off.