Kevin Varney Low Deflection Shaft

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
Over the years, I have played with a 314, 314-2, Z, OB-1, OB-2 and OB Classic. All of these shafts perform as advertised with regards to deflection. However, they seem to have a dead hit in my opinion and I just can't get past this. The reason I have tried so many LD shafts is that I am looking for that happy medium where I get high performance and a solid maple hit.

I am happy to say that I have finally found that combination. I have a solid maple Varney LD shaft and I could not be happier. I cant tell any difference in deflection between my OB Classic and the Varney. So I suffered no drop in my game when switching. But I have to tell you, the hit of the Varney LD is sooo much more solid than any of the LD shafts I have tried. Not sure how Kevin does it... the ferrule is shorter (but longer than the OB Classic), the size is 12.73mm and the taper feels very comfortable with an open and closed bridge. The tip is a soaked and pressed Triangle.

It is hard to post a review on somthing as subjective as hit. So I won't attempt it. But I can say that I just ordered another LD shaft from Kevin and I have never felt compelled to post a review on this forum in the 7 years that I have been a member... until now. Thanks for the excellent shaft Kevin!

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
I just got my second LD Varney shaft and it is just like the first one... excellent!
I am very happy with it. Thanks again Kevin!!