SVB Aiming Video #1

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Just purchased and downloaded the aiming video..

My take..

Production: Clean clear video, audio was good as well. At 720p, I thought it was a professional quality video. Downloaded and and showed up well on my iPad.

Information Value: I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Just for me, it was nothing earth shattering, not that I expected it would be.
The graphics for which part of the cue he was aiming for various cuts was pretty good but nothing overly exciting.

During the aiming with english part, it was not clear to me what he was saying. During this part, the graphic did not show which part of the cue he was using to aim. It did not make a whole lot of sense to me. This part, the detailed graphic was most important but did not exist. I was disappointed that it was not showing more detail as his explanation was not clear.

The combinations section is pretty common advice as well. It will definitely be helpful to the new player, maybe not so much for the player that has been in the game for a while.

I think Shane is amazing because he has hit millions of ball and has outstanding work ethic. He does give some good advice and he's obviously amazing.

The head cam section at the end was pretty cool too.

Overall it's a well produced video. Not the best instruction wise but a nice different approach to aiming. I'm not mad that I spent $15 bucks on it.

I'd like to hear what others think about it??

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I'd agree with everything you said here. I bought it more to help support the future videos than to learn this method. Plus, I had the bonus of watching an interview where he talked about how he aims, so I had a bit of a headstart on this info. I'll say this - there's something there. My ball pocketing confidence has gone up because of it. Though, I'm taking bits and pieces of several "systems" ... but that's not relevant to this thread.

I'm shocked it was only $15 - but at $15, it's such a good gamble you kinda have to take it.

If I had no knowledge of his aiming system, or another system that's very similar, yet highly debated, this would be a good start to form a system of my own; and well worth the $15.

I hope Jennifer Baretta gets a little kickback from this, as her questions clarified a lot what Shane was trying to say. She asked the right questions and rephrased his words to make the information relatable.

I'll buy the next installment, for sure. :)