Shaft silliness? 3 different shafts sizes for 9, 8, & 7 ft tables...

cluelesscuer

I now have 3 OB Classic shafts all with a Kamui black soft tip.

They are:

1. 12.75 mm
2. 12.50 mm
3. 12.30 mm

I decided to try to use the 12.75 on 9 ft tables, 12.30 on bar table and the 12.50 for 8 footers.

Getting beyond what some may feel is goofy in terms of the use personal funds on this plan and perhaps it being a little weird...what do people think?

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, don't think it's a good idea, will encounter small differences in deflection/curve, feel in your bridge, etc. I shoot mostly on 9' tables, but if switching to 8', bar table, snooker, etc. I use the same shaft. Game is hard enough without switching...
Scott

CBW

Pool Hall Hero
Silver Member
Honestly, completely pointless, just pick a size and stick with it. I don't see any benefits from it. Just my opinion :smile:

newguy99

http://www.palmercue.com/
Silver Member
Have you ever had a hornbeam shaft ?non laminated super tight groth rings you cant but this wood i just happen to have 2000 feet of it some cue makers know what it is most player dont know i have a few that will be done soon iam trying to get some laminated shaft lovers to try one i need feedback from players i can do a shaft with any tip of your choice at a super low price just as a promo can u help ?

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I now have 3 OB Classic shafts all with a Kamui black soft tip.

They are:

1. 12.75 mm
2. 12.50 mm
3. 12.30 mm

I decided to try to use the 12.75 on 9 ft tables, 12.30 on bar table and the 12.50 for 8 footers.

Getting beyond what some may feel is goofy in terms of the use personal funds on this plan and perhaps it being a little weird...what do people think?

Speaking for authorized OB repair shops like mine, as well as OB distributors everywhere, I think it's a great idea.
I might even recommend additional shafts at various diameters, for differences in cloth, balls, cues, tips, and anything else
that could affect your play based on the size of the table.
Then there are 5 x10 tables, 3-cushion, snooker, and and don't forget bumper pool><:smile:

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking for authorized OB repair shops like mine, as well as OB distributors everywhere, I think it's a great idea.
I might even recommend additional shafts at various diameters, for differences in cloth, balls, cues, tips, and anything else
that could affect your play based on the size of the table.
Then there are 5 x10 tables, 3-cushion, snooker, and and don't forget bumper pool><:smile:

:D

He hasn't mentioned a break cue yet. All the above times two (well, except for bumper pool and 3 cushion)

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever had a hornbeam shaft ?non laminated super tight groth rings you cant but this wood i just happen to have 2000 feet of it some cue makers know what it is most player dont know i have a few that will be done soon iam trying to get some laminated shaft lovers to try one i need feedback from players i can do a shaft with any tip of your choice at a super low price just as a promo can u help ?

Sure I'll help. Send me one and I will tell you how I like it. 3/8x10 flat faced.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I'll help

I can help you out with some good feedback too. I shoot 9ft about 80 % of the time. I shoot LD's mostly , but also have a few hard growth non LD shafts. I love doing comparisons. No affiliation either. PM me for an addy to ship.