Chuck Starkey 60" BEM cue

I purchased this cue from Chuck about 6 months ago, I've been very happy with it.
First off the birds eye in this cue is exceptional, the main reason for purchasing it.
The cue has a very nice finish on it, but it's best quality is the hit or feel.
The cue has a very firm / organic feel to it. I'm guessing it's from the combination of a solid wood butt, wood pin and wood to wood joint. It really does feel like your playing with a one piece cue, very little vibration and noise.
The only "con" is when I revived the cue the shaft was a little on the beefy Side 13.3mm tip and about 1/16th thicker then an average shaft at the joint. I had Justin Daniliunas turn the shaft Down to 13mm tip with a longer taper.
If anyone is in the market for a cue that's a great player at a fair price... Chuck Starkey is your man!
Couple pictures sorry have to figure out pictures better

2gua42u.jpg

Last edited:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
glad you are happy

i am very proud of that cue.

" the shaft was a little on the beefy Side 13.3mm tip and about 1/16th thicker then an average shaft at the joint. "

i like a stiffer cue, so thats what i build. we can always take some off, but its very hard to put some back on.

the reason the cue is a bit larger at the joint is because i think it gives the entire cue a stronger spine making it hit better.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see a review of Chuck's cues. For us longtime members, it's good to see some positives on this site. Way too much focus on deals gone wrong, customers bashing cuemakers when a phone call would have solved the problem, etc.

Chuck quietly goes about his business and offers his unique style of cues at a very fair price.

Glad you are happy with the cue. That is a great piece of birdseye and it sounds like you enjoy how it hits.