Re:TOI

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Systems underlie every phenomenon, and are everywhere one looks for them.

I don't think I learned anything in this video in terms of technique. But to be fair, I am not sure there is really anything new to learn to use TOI system for anyone somewhat experienced in pool.

In the couple of times I have watched the video, I kept wanting to see more on WHY you want to use the TOI system. I think this what I want to know and I don't think CJ convinced me of the benefits of using the TOI system.

I don't understand his logic that people don't hit the cue ball in the center so they should try to use inside english on all their shots. His logic is flawed. I mean if I am unable to hit the cue ball exactly in the center than why would I be able to hit the cue ball with the proper amount of inside english? I mean, by CJ's logic, I would accidentally hit center ball when I am trying to hit inside. It doesn't make sense.

The logic that it limits the number of shots and makes it more simply for the player to play doesn't make sense to me either. You could use the same logic for using center ball. That is, if it were true, which I don't think it is. You can't use center ball on all your shots to be a proficient player. Nor, to me at least, can you only use inside english on all your shots to be a proficient player.

The only thing I could potential see being advantageous to this system, is that it helps slow down the cue ball on a lot of shots after hits the rail. This could help with cue ball control. Though, I still think it limits your arsenal in not using outside english ever or just more center ball.

The fact he is saying to use TOI on break shots, an extreme cut shot where the balls are right next to each other, and soon a banking video makes it seem like he is forcing this concept into a supposed system. It makes me wonder about the legitimacy of the whole concept.

Professional pool players don't make $ playing pool. And I wonder if this is something CJ has come up with to make some $. I am not sure that is true, but it needs to be a concern and something for everyone to ponder.

It appears you have never seen my video or you'd "real eyes" that the TOI isn't about "inside Engligh" at all. Read the quote below and then I'll be glad to answer any of your questions on the Touch of Inside or any of my other systems or techniques.

Play Well, 'The Game is the Teacher'

"Systems underlie every phenomenon, and are everywhere one looks for them. They are limited only by the observer’s capacity to comprehend the complexity of the observed entity, item or phenomenon."

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The TOI Game is the Teacher

What happend to puertorociii? He never came back to keep us posted on his progress.

I heard he went on a winning streak and is now retired on a small island somewhere in the south Pacific......I heard it on the internet so it must be true. ;)

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Huge benefit of TOI

Once u master the TOI. The biggest jump in my progress was how much my scratches went down. It seems the angle the cue ball takes is not a scratch friendly path. A huge advantage in my book.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Positive results from TOI

Just finished reviewing CJ's "TOI," and "TIP's" DVD's.

I can honestly say that I can relate to what he is Instructing in these vids. He explains it clearly, and tells you what you need to do in order to excel (use) his program. I was especially impressed with the banking DVD. Made things a lot easier for me, so I tossed my method out the window.
Concerning TOI,.... I like the idea of using throw to pocket balls . in this light, TOI, gives the user a distinct advantage, (that being much better CB control and using less spin, while taking advantage of the rails and their natural angles). Watch ANY PRO, they use the rails to their benefit whenever they can. CJ's system is then validated , (to me), because of this. As said in post above, there is less tendency to scratch.

A note of caution :
TOI is best for the intermediate level player. You need a verrrry straight and defined stroke in order to benefit from TOI; without that you are wasting your time.

I now use TOI on over 70% of my cut-shot shooting, and fully use the banks. I now have a LOT of people noticing my level of play. :smile:

You DO (as an intermediate player), need to put in the time CJ suggests in order to see the benefit of TOI.

THANKS CJ !! :thumbup:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Touch of Inside will open up some new ways of playing position

You are certainly welcome, and yes, the TOI does require a precise stroke. The beauty of it is if you aren't stroking properly you will get the feedback quickly using TOI.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I do understand using TOI 70% of the time, I still think it's beneficial to using it 100% at least during practice to develop your game in a different way.....it will open up some new ways of playing position over time.

Just finished reviewing CJ's "TOI," and "TIP's" DVD's.

I can honestly say that I can relate to what he is Instructing in these vids. He explains it clearly, and tells you what you need to do in order to excel (use) his program. I was especially impressed with the banking DVD. Made things a lot easier for me, so I tossed my method out the window.
Concerning TOI,.... I like the idea of using throw to pocket balls . in this light, TOI, gives the user a distinct advantage, (that being much better CB control and using less spin, while taking advantage of the rails and their natural angles). Watch ANY PRO, they use the rails to their benefit whenever they can. CJ's system is then validated , (to me), because of this. As said in post above, there is less tendency to scratch.

A note of caution :
TOI is best for the intermediate level player. You need a verrrry straight and defined stroke in order to benefit from TOI; without that you are wasting your time.

I now use TOI on over 70% of my cut-shot shooting, and fully use the banks. I now have a LOT of people noticing my level of play. :smile:

You DO (as an intermediate player), need to put in the time CJ suggests in order to see the benefit of TOI.

THANKS CJ !! :thumbup:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
a game that matches, rather than miss matches the geometry of the table

I've noticed this too, it's common for players to want to apply spin......we have to resist this temptation (I have to on a regular basis)......the reward is a game that matches, rather than miss matches the geometry of the table, balls, and cue. Especially in my TIP Banking I show how the tip/cue aligns to the diamonds to easily create any angle you choose.

These are advanced techniques and do require solid fundamentals that can be found in some of my earlier videos (Ultimate Pool Secrets).

Once u master the TOI. The biggest jump in my progress was how much my scratches went down. It seems the angle the cue ball takes is not a scratch friendly path. A huge advantage in my book.

Willi Makaball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought a copy of TOI and watched it. I was thinking this is some nut stuff, that is not going to work, and how did he come up with this.
Now move onto the table and try out some of what I learned, and wham, this stuff works, I have been on TOI for a few days and can tell that it now going to be a big part of my game, I don't have enough time to say it works 100% for me, but I sure do have some shots wired with it.
I must tell you for all the instructional material being sold, this is one that pays off, CJ said in the video that it eliminates the variables, and it does , now just set up and fire, no more contact, angle line , deflection induced throw on the shots, do it his way and it goes in.
I don't try to over think it, much like turning the light switch on and the lights go on, I really don't care about the power plant, transmission line, and all that goes on behind get the power to the switch, Im just concerned about that the light come on when I flick the switch.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I posted the following in the instructor review section & something today took me here & I 'realeyesed' this should be here.

11-29-2014, 01:35 PM
I just used Touch of Inside to get me to the Championship Match in my Individual in House 8 ball Money League.

I had messed up setting up on the 8 when the Cue Ball kissed a ball on the way out from a corner pocket. I was left with a very thin cut back into the other corner. I used TOI to send it right into the middle.

TOI is great, especially on the longer thin cuts. TOI takes the apprehension out of what might normally be a tough shot, as it gives you a prescribed method. You just line it up Center to Center or in this case Center to Edge & give it that Touch of Inside & Accelerate & watch the ball go into the pocket. And...the sound of it going dead center can put a bit of fear into many an opponent.

I've watched the TIPS banking method & I am using it as well.

CJ is a former World Champion & has a Champion's insights & methods.

I would recommend what CJ teaches to anyone & I wish I had known about his methods back when I was a young man. Anyone, young or old or in between, that has the good mechanics of a reasonably straight stroke can benefit from CJ's information.

I only wish I had the info when I was young.

I certainly thank CJ for the help he has given me & for all that he is sharing.

For anyone that wants to get a leg up with their game, I'd suggest getting a hold of at least some aspect of what CJ has to offer in his DVDs.

Best Wishes to Everyone & Shoot Well,
Rick

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
pool simply isn't that difficult....unless someone makes it that way.

Just bought a copy of TOI and watched it. I was thinking this is some nut stuff, that is not going to work, and how did he come up with this.
Now move onto the table and try out some of what I learned, and wham, this stuff works, I have been on TOI for a few days and can tell that it now going to be a big part of my game, I don't have enough time to say it works 100% for me, but I sure do have some shots wired with it.
I must tell you for all the instructional material being sold, this is one that pays off, CJ said in the video that it eliminates the variables, and it does , now just set up and fire, no more contact, angle line , deflection induced throw on the shots, do it his way and it goes in.
I don't try to over think it, much like turning the light switch on and the lights go on, I really don't care about the power plant, transmission line, and all that goes on behind get the power to the switch, Im just concerned about that the light come on when I flick the switch.

It is amazing isn't it?

The common thing most human beings try to do is over-complicate things, and pool simply isn't that difficult....unless someone makes it that way.

Hope you continue to improve and set a foundation for a life time of challenge and enjoyment. This is why I like teaching, it's rewarding to see the "light" go on and a player rekindle their love for the game.

Let me know if I can ever answer any questions, my email is at the bottom of this post.