How much cost 1 hour of Pool in your State or Nation?

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my area in Germany it varies between 5 and 10 Euros depending on the city and the time of day. But there aren't many great pool halls around, mostly it's private clubs where you pay 30-50 Euros a month for unlimited play, often with your own key for 24/7 access.

The problem really is the cost of living in Switzerland. We just bought tables from a club that had to close down in Zurich since they couldn't afford the rent anymore. 36 Francs per square meter :eek:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Here in Southern California, the rates vary by a lot depending on which area you're in. Ranges from $5-$25 an hr, with the latter being for snooker. Majority are pay by hour per table, a few does per person for happy hour.

I'm in a similar predicament as you are. In the past, I've changed the rate thinking it was the rate that was either too high or too low, and I've noticed a lot of times it's not just the rate. I really had to do a lot of homework on the demographics of the area in order to make an accurate adjustment.

Also, a suggestion box or asking your frequent customers for feedback might help as well. I'm very open to ideas and feedbacks from my regulars and I noticed it has helped a lot before I make any adjustments to the business.

roger that 25 is highest i've ever paid in the USA......in all my travels i'd say the us average is about 5-6$ per hour.....then you could be fast eddies in lafayette la too and run a chit hole and only can charge 6$ to play all night.......rains in there, too loud to even remotely have conversation....tables not redone for 5+ years....and it says world class billards on the side of building......TRASH, and trash service too. Wish i had the time to screw around and bring them to court for false advertisement and make em remove that got dam sign.....needs to just be turned into a night club and all the oldausens burned outside...because thats what they really want no doubt.

if you got nice stuff people will pay generally.....if your a 600 pound person who hasn't bathed in 5 years and is just unkempt and gross, dont be surprised if you cant get no loving ladies and gentlemen.

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
Bumpers Billiards, Huntsville, AL.

24 Diamond Pro-Am tables and you buy a wrist band for $6.00 to play from 3:00pm to 2:00am.

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard a conversation the other day, 2 guys playing $100 sets. They played for 3 hours and 1 guy was up 1 set, he went to pay the table time. 3 hours for 2 players came to $96. That would be $16 an hour....in SanFran.

eightintheside

Registered
Seattles Garage

MUST BE 21 TO BE IN BOWLING OR POOL AREAS.

RESERVATIONS ARE ACCEPTED BUT "START" TIMES MUST BEGIN NO LATER THAN 8 PM.

3pm - 7pm Everyday Happy Hour:
$6 per hour table rental

Sunday and Monday: 3pm - 1am Industry Night Special
$6 per hour table rental

Tuesday - Thursday: 7pm - 10pm
$12 per hour table rental

Sunday - Thursday: 10pm to 1am
Late Night Happy Hour
$6 per hour table rental
+ half price pizzas 10 to midnight

Friday and Saturday: 7pm - 2am
$15 per hour table rental

TABLES ARE PRICED BY THE HOUR FOR UNLIMITED GAMES AND PLAYERS.

eightintheside

Registered
pool rates

Heard a conversation the other day, 2 guys playing $100 sets. They played for 3 hours and 1 guy was up 1 set, he went to pay the table time. 3 hours for 2 players came to $96. That would be $16 an hour....in SanFran.

How can they charge both players? Only one person can shoot at a time.
Why don't they charge people who watch too. Then they can really make a killing.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was this at an extremely upscale trendy billiard club?
Getting taxed like that sounds like the house imposed an action fee for letting them play.
Lol

ironsoldier71

Registered
What is the normal price for 1 hour of Pool in your State / Nation / City?

In our Poolhall (Biel in Switzerland) if you're not a member you pay 18 $ (=18 Swiss Francs) for 1 hour of Poolbilliard!
Btw 16 - 20 $ is the average price for 1 hour of Pool, here in Switzerland!

IMO that's definitely too much!

Because sadly I most admit that the decreasing of the interest for Poolbilliard seems not to stop! Of course especially from springtime to autumn, but also the passed winters, the tables in our Poolroom were and still are most of times not occupied and we only have 11 tables! (Five 9" and six 8" Pooltables)
Even at tournaments with good money prices, the number of players is still diminishing! Also when we make special offers, that doesn't affect much the number of visitors! For example: During April 2014 and 2015 we had from Wednesday to Sunday, from 8 PM to closure: Free Poolbilliard for the ladies! It hadn't a big success at all…

So something else has to change as well:
IMO it's still better for the business to invite people with low prices and let them pay for example only the half = 9 $ for 1 hour of Pool and having a good filled Poolhall! Instead to let them pay 18 $ and having again and again an empty Poolhall ... ! ?

KR, Roberto (Al Capool)

$5.00 USD an hour per person here at Boggies West in North West Houston, TX, USA.
One day a week it is free pool time.

As previously stated yes charge lower amount and keep the tables filled all week long. The decline is due to the prices. Not the lack of interests. 80 million Americans play pool regularly according to several polls. The problem is fee per hours in many cases.

As far as tourneys go we need to attract businesses to advertise to our players that are not billiard companies. IE I would hit up lawyers that handle traffic tickets... H@R block every one has to do taxes... things like that.

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply
www.shootersbilliardsupply.com
Player: Two Feather Anasazi by Viking Pool Cues (11 of 150)
Shaft: ViKore Shaft by Viking Pool Cues
Break: Predator Break 3 Pool Cue
Jump: Air 2 by Predator Pool Cues
Case: Instroke 3x5 Southwest Black Pool Cue Case
Table: Diamond Pro Am 9 ft with Aramith Tourney TV Pool Balls