what's the best chalk you ever used? me KAMUI CHALKS

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's the case I wonder if humidity will make it worse. I tried the blue diamond and after awhile I found it to be too thick and it got worse with humidity. Now I am back to using master green and master tan.

Blue Diamond goes on great but gets all over the table and balls, if you have a house table like I do you will get tired of cleaning up this mess.

Isn't that strange that it seems just the opposite for me. My table and cue seems to stay much cleaner using the Blue Diamond than the Masters.

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Diamond is the best which is what I use.

<~~~~~~~~ agrees with victorl and thinks the new Kamui Chalk still needs work

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue diamond ,Russian when gambling

I'll try kamui- any of the new chalks. I like a little chalk applied -so its blue diamond,and Russian when gambling. They keep the cue from getting all blue - masters chalk is in the air, the case and all over the table rails and you get a blue mitt when playing with it. (and that sucks-to clean the shafts constantly)! Mark

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Have you ever noticed that when you're wanting to chalk-up the cube is at the other end of the table? And, the cubes are usually gathered together in groups of three at the other end of the table when you're wanting to chalk-up. Wasn't there a thread about this very subject, quite some time ago? Weird, ain't it? :)

My biggest beef with chalk is that it is often blue-side down.

If people parked their cars that way..I'd open a body shop.

And I've never mis-cued from using Tweeten...only from NOT using it

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't that strange that it seems just the opposite for me. My table and cue seems to stay much cleaner using the Blue Diamond than the Masters.

I agree with you. A piece of Blue Diamond will last 3 or4 times longer than others. It does not mess up the table as others have suggested.

The only negative with Blue Diamond is that it occasionally causes more cling of the cue ball to an object ball.

The_Rookie

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Silver Member
Yep. Its a conspiracy!!!

I keep my own piece of chalk with me, usually in my hand when I am playing. It is worn to the shape of my tip and I don't let the other player use it!!

I'm a chalk Snob :)

I'm a chalk snob right with you. I chalk up my cue and put it in my pocket before every shot.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Blue Diamond & 8-shot 357 Mag when gambling ...

I'll try kamui- any of the new chalks. I like a little chalk applied -so its blue diamond,and Russian when gambling. They keep the cue from getting all blue - masters chalk is in the air, the case and all over the table rails and you get a blue mitt when playing with it. (and that sucks-to clean the shafts constantly)! Mark

I tried Blue Diamond back in November and never looked back ... It is Great !!!

Oh, and when gambling (in certain areas) I carry this little gem.

Attachments

• S&W627.jpg
    S&W627.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 407

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody actually have any supporting evidence that Kamui chalk is solid, or is this just another everyone-on-AZB-tell-everyone-else-what-kind-of-equipment-they-use-because-they-like-it thread?

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I too have been a "beta" tester for the Kamui chalk.

I got in some cheap action and let my opponent use it too. He claimed it stuck too well and made him over spin! lol.

I find that it does stick very well. It has a "soft" feel to it when it goes on, not the gritty feeling that we are used to. One poster here described it as "oily" or "wet" feeling. That's pretty accurate. It worked good, but we are used to that gritty feeling from chalk.It left me questioning whether I was most concerned with function or what I was used to.

I have been using Blue Diamond for a long time. When I switched to Blue Diamond I started chalking properly.....rubbing it on instead of nervous grinding while I walk. The nervous grinding is what causes the mess. It creates clouds of chalk when you hit and gets your shaft all dee-ertey.

I still have a few boxes of BD left and will probably finish them off. After that........I'd be willing to give the Kamui chalk a longer test drive.

Ray

SoniDJ

what's in your wallet
Silver Member
I use masters blue because it is on every table in the country, I may try the blue diamond for shits and giggles and then we'll see. I spend 7 bucks for a 20 minute lunch so I suppose if I get a few months out of a piece of chalk I can justify.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a piece of chalk at Elmer's in Newell Iowa in 1966 that was unvelievable. I could do anything with that chalk, draw the ball 20 feet, force follow 8 rails, just amazing.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Masters

I picked up a black Masters cube that some hoser had left on a table in Vegas. I've been hooked ever since (more thna 10 years). Maybe I'm crazy, but I swear that different colors of the Masters brand stick differently. The Canadians called black Masters "mud."
I've heard that some chalks still have lead in them and that they are preferred. Problem is that they aren't sold in the states. Any truth to that, AZBers?

jnjoker100

Registered
I picked up a black Masters cube that some hoser had left on a table in Vegas. I've been hooked ever since (more thna 10 years). Maybe I'm crazy, but I swear that different colors of the Masters brand stick differently. The Canadians called black Masters "mud."
I've heard that some chalks still have lead in them and that they are preferred. Problem is that they aren't sold in the states. Any truth to that, AZBers?

Its amazing you mention that. I tried masters black and I miscued more than with a piece of blue chalk...

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I'm a chalk snob right with you. I chalk up my cue and put it in my pocket before every shot.

Hello, my name is Josh and I too am a chalk snob......

I tried Blue Diamond and never looked back.......I will try Kamui if I can just find some.

Someone send me some; I wanna beta test.

Josh

comebackkid1026

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hopefully it will be out later part next month, i have test it, definitely i will use it during money game and tournaments, so far as i have use it i haven't miscued at all, i was the one who use it with a mezz break cue, if you are familiar with the sonic tip, you'd know that chalk doesn't hold much to it, but with the kamui chalk, its a whole new story, i was breaking better because i can control the cueball with ease, even tested shooting with it and putting lots of english and never miscued, for now im still using blue diamond but definitely ill be using it for important matches when it comes out, quite expensive but i think its worth it, even top professionals here in the philippines like it very much when they tested it out!, we may have different views but for me i can say its the best chalk out there so far, hopefully its the same quality with the samples when i buy one :)