Summerville, SC

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll be down in Summerville, SC next month and there's a members only club call the Fast Break Lounge. Does anyone know anything about the place. Is it worth paying for membership to play there? Any info would be appreciated.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Bar tables only, but the tables are fairly new Valley tables (the new design). They just recovered them with Simonis 860 and they play OK except for the heavy bar table cue ball. I play there in a Monday night 9 ball league and I wish the tables weren't so close together, but they are getting the most out of the space they have. It's a nice place overall.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you don't have to be a member for the tournaments, and a membership is either free or like $2. The membership, if I recall correctly, has to do with zoning and alcohol license.

Never an issue getting a drink during the tournaments.

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is also north park which is not far from there in goose creek.

A place called murrays (I think) also with a few 9' tables.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
North Park hasn't had much going on the past few times I've been there. You might be thinking of Tucker's Billiards with the 9' tables. Tucker's isn't open on weekends that I know of anymore; there might be someone working on the tables they make and sell but not open for play.
If you get up with Bubba Wade's tournaments you'll find out where all the pool gets played. If you show interest in action there's a few that are worth playing with. The only public place I'd recommend other than Fastbreak would be Two Keys Tavern. It's semi-close to Summerville depending on which part you're in (close enough to Fastbreak, anyway) and they have blue label Diamond 7' tables. Bubba does afternoon tournaments there on the weekends and heads to Fastbreak at night.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bubba is awesome! I liked FastBreak while I lived there. Get the membership (which is cheap) and then I think they have a special during the week like "All the pool you can play for $5" until 6pm. It beats the $1/game.