New Brunswick GC6 - Any Questions?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Its just a speck on their radar-screen. Probably lumped in with Fitness revenue. Now this is only a guess but since billiards is their historic legacy i think they keep the billiard division going just for legacy/history reasons. Its darn sure not the money.

I think you're right about them keeping it going for legacy reasons. I too am really curious about their yearly output of pool tables, specifically the GC.

I have been a critic of the GC in the past, which is why I got the diamond pro table. But now I really can't make a judgement as to which is the better table. There are no GC tables within an hour drive in any pool hall...no diamond nine footers either. :eek:. It is a sad state of affairs for pool in my area. Just 7' valley bar boxes and 8' furniture grade tables. There are technically 4 9' furniture grade olhausen tables in the hall in my city, but they are absolutely terrible to play on and I avoid them.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Have any GCVI pictures been leaked yet?

Yes, pretty much looks like most of the other later generation gold crowns. They said they reimagined it, but it's pretty much the same table imo. If you liked those, then you'll probably be fine with the new one too. Nothing radically different for sure.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Oh yeah, and WTF is up with rasson totally ripping off the GC. In th mosconi cup, I thought it was a GC until I saw they had a modern looking base on the thing. Which is really weird btw, because the essence of the gold crown is a classic style table without modern interpretation, IMO. Rasson's table looked like a blend of bad ideas if you ask me.

lumberman

Registered
Oh yeah, and WTF is up with rasson totally ripping off the GC. In th mosconi cup, I thought it was a GC until I saw they had a modern looking base on the thing. Which is really weird btw, because the essence of the gold crown is a classic style table without modern interpretation, IMO. Rasson's table looked like a blend of bad ideas if you ask me.

Hardly a Gold Crown. Here is a link to its construction and a link to a UK video showing its construction. Definitely they have taken some good ideas from other manufacturers and they have a very unique leveling system of their own.

https://www.rasson.cn/victory
https://youtu.be/j07AKBiWGcw

This is Rasson’s version of a Gold Crown - the Challenger

https://www.rasson.cn/challanger

Last edited:
Ask them if they have fixed the inconsistent pocket angles and sizes.

Also, ask them why they gave up on the Bowling Division?

Don’t really care about the bowling aspect. In regards to the angles I will let you know when I get the table. Those tables questioned with angles were many years ago and purchased second hand so who really knows if the tables were some of the first or not. Either way if I see a pocket problem I will let everyone know.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

bstroud

Deceased
The only good gold crown was the gold crown 1.
It still tore up your pants.

I played at the Billiard Den in LA in the 60 -70s and every one was given an apron to protect their slacks.

Great room with good action.

Buy a Diamond!

Bill S.

I played at the Billiard Den in LA in the 60 -70s and every one was given an apron to protect their slacks.

Buy a Diamond!

Bill S.

Wow! All I can say is they obviously they had better drugs in the 60’s and 70’s. So much so that it has clouded your judgment.

A legit question:

With Brunswick making tables since 1845, and pretty much having the playability of the table nailed down forever, do they ever reevaluate the playability? I'm talking about how the balls bounce off the rails, or how far they roll (which could be affected by mass/rigidity of the table), or how much the table moves when bumped, or how the pocket accepts the ball, etc.

So in other words, do they keep the guts mostly the same for decades, and just change the outward appearance slightly? Or do they regularly look at the guts also. If so, who does that work? Do they have internal pool table experts? Do they hire professional players for their feedback? Do they hire professional pool table mechanics for their feedback? etc.

Thank you.

That's a great question....and no Brunswick don't give a shit about the commercial aspect of the business.
I just got into with them about me designing the GC5 for the most part....I designed that table on a cocktail napkin with then the VP Rob Sheets in 45 mins.
Just think of how many other changes I would have made had I and hr.
I ask them to give me a GC 6 to assemble and assess the minor changes...the table still has 85% of the GC5 in it.
They said no to me...they have no idea how I played at one time or the knowledge I have on Brunswick tables....nor do they care.....really sad that all they want to do is live off the Brunswick name and push residential tables.
Trust me I know full well...Brunswick don't need me for anything....they are big time corporation and don't care if they sell pool tables or not.....I believe they stay in the billiards industry cause it caries the name Brunswick and nothing else that they sell caries the Brunswick name.
I had a lot of good ideas to share with them...but it looks like I can save them for another time...lol

Mark Gregory

jalapus logan

Silver Member
That's a great question....and no Brunswick don't give a shit about the commercial aspect of the business.
I just got into with them about me designing the GC5 for the most part....I designed that table on a cocktail napkin with then the VP Rob Sheets in 45 mins.
I ask them to give me a GC 6 to assemble and assess the minor changes...the table still has 85% of the GC5 in it.
They said no to me...they have no idea how I played at one time or the knowledge I have on Brunswick tables....nor do they care.....really sad that all they want to do is live off the Brunswick name and push residential tables.
Trust me I know full well...Brunswick don't need me for anything....they are big time corporation and don't care if they sell pool tables or not.....I believe they stay in the billiards industry cause it caries the name Brunswick and nothing else that they sell caries the Brunswick name.
I had a lot of good ideas to share with them...but it looks like I can save them for another time...lol

Mark Gregory

That's really too bad. From what I've seen of your work it appears to be Brunswick's loss.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
jbgood

Buy a Diamond!

Bill S.

JBGood said;

Wow! All I can say is they obviously they had better drugs in the 60’s and 70’s. So much so that it has clouded your judgment.

JB,
How did you go from GC I's to aprons, to better drugs to clouded judgment? Could you please explain.

bstroud

Deceased
[ /QUOTE]

All you need to do is play once on the Diamond blue label and you will know it is the best playing.

I had 2 Gc1s and they were not nearly as good to play on.

Bill S.

Buy a Diamond!

Bill S.

JBGood said;

JB,

How did you go from GC I's to aprons, to better drugs to clouded judgment? Could you please explain.

I thought I did!?!? Drugs.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member

Mark Gregory

Mark, my suggestion would be to build your own brand of tables.
I dam sure would if I could.
Your work speaks for itself, so why not design and build your own?
I'd rather get one from you than from any commercial producer.

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great idea!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

That will take a million dollar investment.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides Mark wants to build a world class playing table , not a piece of crap furniture grade table. The average customer is going to buy a piece of crap furniture grade. Even on here watch the threads where someone is looking to buy and see how many end up buying some piece of crap table that's 'pretty'.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

I’d also like to know how many gold crowns have been produced?

I’d like to know what the 3 letter abbreviation on the rails and parts of table has to do with production? How does this system work/what do they use it for?

Oh and please bring back the production of tables to the USA.
I’ve got more questions but this is enough for now..

Rob.M

Attachments

• B9398A46-EBCE-48F9-A4CD-A20BECD21660.jpg
    B9398A46-EBCE-48F9-A4CD-A20BECD21660.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 246